What does he listen to?

what does he listen to?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.evageeks.org/SDAT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i dont get it

XTC

I've never seen this, is it really that good?

Yes.

only the most bad ass heavy metal

overrated to hell here but yeah it's good

Joy Division

Some soyboy core

>overrated to hell
wrong

no u

It's deservedly praised.

No, it's not. It has a recap episode for some reason and it honestly isn't anything special compared to Akira, Serial Experiments Lain and Ghost in the Shell until episode 18. Not to mention all possible clichés deliberately not being avoided.

Car seat headrest

If you should see anything anime, it would be those I've mentioned along with Spirited Away and Grave of the Fireflies. Those related to technology are so capable in fact, that they could be considered Blade Runner and 2001: A Space Odyssey sequels audiences genuinely wanted to see.

>I'm into more refined, intellectual animes like Akira, Lain, GITS, oh man, the list goes on...

Have you noticed that you haven't actually recommended anything or responded to valid and obvious flaws of the show? But you really had me with that failed meme right there.

On the question of mere abundance of clichés in Evangelion, Akira and Ghost in the Shell are better in that regard. Please do watch Lain.

does the list go on?

You haven't described any valid or obvious flaws with the show, user.

Any word on 4.44?

the flaws are what make the show endearing pleb

Disagree on Akira and GitS being better: haven't seen Lain though.
End of Evangelion makes the series.
This.
Spirited Away and GotF are also pretty good.

Akira is good but doesnt have shit on End of Eva

Do you not know what clichés are? I doubt that. Here it goes either way - oversexualization of prepubescent schoolgirls, as is typical in almost all anime, abundance of flashbacks, which culminated in a recap episode. Other than that, the series does not at all differ that much from a typical mecha series until episode 18. The storytelling isn't as ambitious as in the other series I've mentioned.
Evangelion couldn't be at all considered what I've described here, although it's been praised as almost just that.

Boringly there is an actual answer.
wiki.evageeks.org/SDAT
I guess NGE was from before Grimes was a thing.

Why so many identical replies?

Made a couple boo-boos. xd

>the flaws are what make the show endearing pleb
Really? The kiss scene was indeed endearing. If all flaws were like that, I would've completely agreed with you.

Edgy contrarian opinions there pal

You're not even trying. At least you could laugh at obvious baits few years ago.

the kiss scene isnt a flaw

God damn, you sexualized the characters in Evangelion? What the fuck is wrong with you, you freak? Do you have a thing for girls with mental health issues?

What is reading comprehension? Try it some time.

>oversexualization of prepubescent schoolgirls

That's more like it. Do we really need for someone to at least try?

Back to not trying I guess.

There were no "prepubescent schoolgirls" that were "oversexualized" you fucking retard. Did the fact that Rei was naked make you squeamish?

its just weird to use a scene (that is actually the least endearing scene of the series as an example of something endearing.

i respectfully disagree

>oversexualisations of prepubescent schoolgirls
Shinji's sexuality and sexual frustration is a very large part of his character. Did you even watch EoE. Also none of the girls in Evangelion are prepubescent
>abundance of flashbacks
I don't recall many
>the series does not at all differ that much from a typical mecha series
This simply isn't true. The series is far more character focused from pretty much the second episode

>oversexualization of prepubescent schoolgirls
Occurs nowhere in the series.
>abundance of flashbacks, which culminated in a recap episode
Maybe? Was that really a flaw in 1995? Or today?
>the series does not at all differ that much from a typical mecha series until episode 18
Yeah, no. Also, what do you think of everything post-18? EoE? Not to be disrespectful, but you talk an awful lot like someone who just skimmed a bunch of Sup Forums threads and skipped the part where you actually watch the show.

as someone who normally hates anime yes it's pretty good. don't watch the rebuilds though.

Dubs of truth. The rebuilds feel so superfluous.

Absolute these. Not to understate the quality of the TV show (prefer films as a medium), but EoE is probably the most effective character study I've seen in movies, and I've gone through a lot of classics. (That being said you should watch the show first before seeing EoE the first time.)
Same; don't even like anime that much but this blew everything else I've seen pretty much out of the water.

radiohead

let down and hanging around
crushed like a bug in the ground

Shoegaze

Also, anyone who calls this show overrated has no fucking idea about anime and is probably an edgy 15 year old trying to be contrarian. Learn your anime history before posting ignorant opinions.

I don't think you even need to know anything about anime to appreciate Evangelion. It stands on its own merits and the meta-commentary on the genre is the cherry on top desu.