vocaroo.com/i/s01WGBI0Yj0R
soundcloud.com/samuelcfaria/matchbox-blues
youtube.com/watch?v=blNQZc84Q5c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yamaha TA-60 edition pls

I feel like guitar is dying lately

In what sense?

Reposting
Should I buy a Data Corrupter or an Avalanche Run? I have the opportunity to buy one of em at a discount
The Avalanche Run seems a lot more useful and my delay pedal sucks but also I already have a reverb that I like whereas I'm really lukewarm on my fuzz pedal.
Also I feel like the Data Corrupter might fit the music I play a little better, the Avalanche Run looks super cool + has a lot of potential but I'm worried that I'm just gonna make washed-out soupy shoegaze bullshit with it every time whereas the Data Corrupter has a sort of Brainiac vibe that I really like
Anyone played one or both and have any opinions?

Good, all ideas are rehashes of old ideas done poorly. Power chords and pentatonics killed it. The only currently relevant genre that uses guitar is (pop)country, which is garbage and is moving further away from live instruments as well. Even jazz with guitar is crap right now.

Damn, that would suck to feel this way

Must suck more to be oblivious to what's going on around you, how do you cope with it?

Why are you even here?

Alright, so I'm an acoustic player who picked up guitar back in August. I've been struggling with learning Barre chords and the videos on YouTube aren't working out. Do any of you have any pointers out there? Keep in mind I also got long fingers, too.

Damn dude you’re so edgy and opinionated I bet you know music real well. I’m somehow finding new guitar music that’s exciting but I guess that makes me oblivious to all the obvious rip off’s from previous genres. You should bring up jazz again with your next hot take on music.

Tell me about all the cool pedalboards you've heard lately, I'm all ears.

>gibson circling the drain
>carvin on life support with the plug being pulled
>guitar center imploding
>fender bleeding money and raising prices
>people still care about zakk wylde
>small venues turning into dance clubs across the country
it'll pass...r r right guys?

i love resident evil

I’ve been listening to Emil ernebro who’s an acoustic fingerstyle player, so I think he plays with a tonewood. I’ve been listening to the boys from chon who only throw in pedals for the fun of it.
I’m more of a guitar and amp guy myself, little nigga, I’ve never been one to get into pedals. I like how we’re talking about guitar and you bring up ‘pedalboards’

So you prefer wank to hiding behind pedals, got it. Still failing to see how this proves any fresh ideas in guitar music.

Wank? Sure bud, I’ll let you know when some guy starts playing notes that human ears have never heard of. You must be so fun at parties.

maybe the action is too high. I just started learning guitar like a month ago, and barre chords hurt like hell on an older guitar until i bought a proper guitar, and now they're really easy.

Ayy

There's no fresh ideas in anything anymore. Everything has been done.

Riddle me this /gg/

Would pedals still be relevant if your average guitar had the same midi capability as keyboards?

You'd know if you got invited to parties.

The more time passes the more that seems to be true.

I don't know, I feel like this is something I should have mastered by know. I've been really itching to play that Radiohead song, Creep. So far I've only been able to play the ripped pants song from SpongeBob and Wonderwall

This is the best thing ever posted in /gg/

They wouldn't be relevant if your average guitar player could actually play their instrument.

i come to /gg/ like once every 4 months and its the same boring bait posts every time

DAMN

Made in china edition

>I know you are but what am I
Little ass nigga

...when big Larry came 'round just to put him down...

Lolwut

Post the back of your guitars. Judge and be judged.

1/3

Not bad, Nicholas.

2/3

My name is Brett?

3/3

Your legs look chunky user

Here's a full body shot. You can see him in the reflection.

Bandages

is this related to your oxygen tank thing?

no

jeez user stop being so sickly

I'm uhhh.... Still gonna need help with these Barre chords

It's not by choice

I think my strat neck is warped near the body.. high notes fret out and don't ring. How can I confirm this without tools?

Easiest way to confirm it without tools is to take it into a shop.

Will probably have to. I think the truss rod is also shot. I have it as tight as it will go and I can't get the relief down far enough

That sounds more like a setup issue, possibly fretwork. Warped necks aren't exactly common on guitars that haven't been abused, unless the neck was made with green wood.

Adjust neck relief, if that doesn't work microtilt or shim the neck. I would recommend getting a small straightedge and checking for level frets though.

How are you checking neck relief?

A E S T H E T I C

Fuck off roman

Just did the straight edge thing. The high frets are ok
Capo and feeler gauges. Its at about .13 or .14 thousands. On all my other guitars I can get down to .10 or .11 and with the action at about 4/64 it plays perfect

I play really out there shit and I still think the Data Corrupter sounds like a gimmicky toy, that cartoony square wave sound might be cool once but how much use will you actually get out of it? The avalanche run is actually useful in a ton of situations. Shoegaze isn't the only type of deep atmospheric music you know

.012 is about normal for a strat. If it's an american strat(maybe some mexicans) you can adjust the tilt of the neck from the neck plate, otherwise it might be time to shim.

Well I actually just pulled that number out of my ass. I knew it was over .12 but I just measured and it's at .14. I can't move the truss rod any more tho, would probably break

You can always try lighter strings. As for fret buzz your only not permanent options are high action or changing the break angle of the neck.

just arrived from a reharsal, went walking (instead of bus) and decided to pass on the tranny avenue and almost got robbed there

You should have taken one back home. To show off your guitar solos I mean.

When is Sup Forums going to give me a trophy for best guitar player. I mean, most of you faggots can't even play for real, so I don't expect anyone is better than me. Send my fuckin trophy now.

you mean me. you're just a faggot

Prove it.

youtube.com/watch?v=if6FSrgJdPI
let me know if i took too hard, i'll be sorry dont want u to cry

you guys should play this
youtube.com/watch?v=j6XeguHoZSY

>Shitty camera
>Great sound

Yeah, uh-huh.

shreds for nerds

what is that malmsteen song that keeps reflecting on my mind it goes taaaaaaaaaa-da tadadadadadada teeeeuuuuuuuu-da tatatadadadaladoo

youtube.com/watch?v=SAsHFSrh0i8

Kings can’t be as poor as you

youtube.com/watch?v=rcwcxBf_fTE

Get that slow, geriatric, suspender wearing, old timey shit out of my face and give me my goddamn trophy.

youtu.be/wgYI4CiUsm0
Meh

not
its at kinda slow tempo

thought it was it but the lead theme didnt come
lmao @ lyrics wtf you are a loser and i am a viking

This desu, I ordered the Avalanche Run for Shitsmas since I liked it so much in-store. The Data Corrupter just seems like a meme on its own without some kind of functionality pedal to control it.

You guys should go to a Yngwie show if you get the chance. I got to see him during his last tour, it was really fun.

you mean the swedish suckling

>trap guitar
i cant do those chords tho

sing it and upload it to vocaroo

>you are a loser and i am a viking
yngwie telling it like it is

vocaroo.com/i/s1BojTvnpDtQ

youtu.be/BqzVnvQM5kg
I’m sure you could if you took the time

I guess I'll just have to show you faggots how to play. Kinda embarrassing for you really. Here is just a taste of what I can do. I didn't even bother to make up a rhythm because you dipshits are so far beneath me. Who knows, maybe one of you don't completely suck ass, in which case I'll throw something on a looper and stomp you down with the rest of the trash here.
vocaroo.com/i/s01WGBI0Yj0R

ah so youre not in

Oh! Also, give me my fuckin trophy.

>police alarm opening
>then electronic noisy synth
>then electronic high pitched riff
>then pentatonic licks and basic tapping

Yep. Trophy time, admit one.

thats cool that you can wank and jack off on the guitar but can you improvise something coherent like soundcloud.com/samuelcfaria/matchbox-blues or even

You're fucking joking, right? Slowed down pentatonic shit with a First Act®™ rhythm? Get the fuck out of here. Also, do something about them eyebrows.

yeah because your repetitive licks are the pinnacle of phrasing

Gotchu Senpai

youtube.com/watch?v=blNQZc84Q5c

I've got a phrase for you:
"You suck, give me my fuckin trophy."

>trap guitar
I don’t think you know what trap is

a woman with a penis

thanks

which neck pickup for a fender bass

It's not needed

thats not the question here. bass guitar is not needed.

can i install a preamp on my bass while still having regular passive pickups, to get the B string to sound clearer