/brit/

blitz gf edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-RitQ5F4OdM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

do americans actually think the rest of the world is just too dumb to follow them on gun laws, healthcare, handegg etc

anime

really enjoying the heated political debate today, keep it up lads

imagine being this obsessed this america

grim

imagine holding a parade to show the world you're gay
what would possess someone to be that vain

pride is nauseating

no

reddit

me

anime bums

absolutely LOVE thrashing the family at scrabble

cute pups and hot bikers
:3

For modern commercial-technological humanity, nothing is "sacred." Everything has its price; everything can be calculated and evaluated according to the economic interests of someone or other. In the pre-technological era, when humanity still felt itself to be a part of the world instead of its master, people had to adapt themselves to the natural order as best they could. Even medieval humanity, to be sure, projected a certain order onto the world, but at least that "order" was believed to have been created and sustained by Godnot by humans. The old-fashioned view that people must adapt themselves to the pre-existing order of things may be discerned in the objection which many people made in regard to the first airplanes: "If God had intended us to fly, He would have given us wings!" In the technological age, however, instead of conforming to the natural order, people force nature to conform to their needs and expectations. Whenever nature proves unsatisfactory for human purposes, people reframe it as they see fit.

theresas truly a broken woman

think any male who doesn't like the right to bear arms is gay or very effeminate. Why would you put your trust in the government to protect you?

I've flown with British Airways pretty much constantly for the past 10 years or so and it's gone downhill so much it's just grim really. I think it's fair to say BA used to be one of the world's leading airlines but the decline has been apocalyptic and it reflects extremely poorly on the country as a whole. What a mess Britain is in.

White pride is gay pride

where's the yuzu man

>village tax
>school tax
>income tax
>property tax
>state tax
>federal tax
>a dozen other taxes im forgetting

we have to pay a lot of taxes

can only recognize 6

>Trudeau so tall he has to stand at the back

this sign made me chuckle

reminder yanks don't factor in gst automatically for purchases because they think it's a communist plot or something

who just started drinking here

who cares

The rich and powerful in America basically pay no taxes and just leech off the workers and the state

WOW WELL SPOTTED

difference between owning a firearm and giving every mental hospital patient a free fully automatic tactical strategic assault weapon when they buy a scratch ticket

What is the phrase? "Success breeds jealously" I believe?

hmmmm

I really hate trudeau
cannot stand this buddy buddy thing that politicians like him put on

Gun laws? Not a fan

dont get it

disgusting little runt

>flashing your half naked body in front of children in order to celebrate putting your willy in another mans shitty hairy arse
gay """""people""""""

feel like I can't do anything right

An analogous kind of reframing occurs in social practices when new devices are introduced to replace ones that are inefficient in one way or another. Albert Borgmann offers the example of what happened when the gas-fired furnace replaced the wood-burning stove. In an earlier age, if the home was heated by hearth or by Franklin stove, some family members would be responsible for finding and chopping wood. This practice required familiarity with the countryside and an appreciation of the value and relative scarcity of good wood-burning timber. Someone else would have the responsibility of lighting and tending the fire. And the whole family would gather around the fire for social interaction without the benefit of radio, television, or phonograph. The same heating "function," as Albert Borgmann has explained, is accomplished in a way that is cleaner, safer, and more efficient with the forced-air furnace.

But by replacing hearths and wood-burning stoves, forced-air furnaces ”have also forever altered the everyday practices of an earlier age. No one gathers around the gas or electric furnace in the basement of the house. Moreover, the electricity required for one such furnace may be generated by a coal-burning power plant, the coal for which is extracted from monstrous strip mines and the smoke from which promotes both the greenhouse effect and acid rain. If the electricity is generated by a nuclear power plant, there is no carbon-based pollution, but the plant's radioactive waste is incredibly poisonous and will remain so for thousands of years.

Personally I refuse to pay it at the register out of principle

>instead of just getting the fucking price of what you're paying for there's always an obtuse irrational percentage-based addendum you factor in when the bank statement arrives

what an actually moronic country, I can't defend yanks for one second longer

yeah it applies to yanks when they look over to Europe

Because the coal-fired power plant, the strip mines from which the coal is extracted, and the forests and lakes dying from acid rain are many miles from the comfortably heated suburban home, and because the radioactive threat to life seems to be far in the future, the home's occupants may be unaware of the devastation wreaked for the sake of "clean" and "efficient" heat. The disappearance of the family hearth, then, not only undermined important social practices but also contributed to industrial practices which are destroying the natural world.

the USA is easily the greatest country on earth and we would all move there instantly if we were given a green card

mate they dont have to watch or even come to the parade
just like close your eyes nigga

ahhhhhhhh 4 of the clock already

youtu.be/-RitQ5F4OdM

What did Trudeau mean by this?

been drinking since 1pm aha

Sissy That Walk is a famous gay song

t. loser who has never been to any festival before
Nottng Hill Carnival is just as degenerate, just heterosexually so

all festivals are risque and fun, no matter what theure for

Reckon one of the main issues with the modern left wing is they're all on hard drugs.

success breeds envy*

generally i dislike yank posters in here. always have to make a point that they are not from the UK and always bring up stupid reddit topics like trump and feminism

nobody cares you bent cunt

Honestly considering moving to West Africa

Already working on my French

yeah desu
i hate the country but the people there live the best in the entire world (assuming you're white and rich)

Macron I meant lol

ça va

omg how did u know i'm little

wud have ogne parade but i have no friends

All distances in time and space are shrinking. Man now reaches overnight, by plane, places which formerly took weeks and months of travel. He now receives instant information, by radio, of events which he formerly learned about only years later, if at all. The germination and growth of plants, which remained hidden throughout the seasons, is now exhibited publicly in a minute, on film. Distant sites of the most ancient cultures are shown on film as if they stood this very moment amidst today's street traffic. Moreover, the film attests to what it shows by presenting also the camera and its operators at work. The peak of this abolition of every possibility of remoteness is reached by television, which will soon pervade and dominate the whole machinery of communication.

i care rude cunt

Bee yang

love trump
hate feminism
not from the uk

not me

America is great honestly

hello bender :)

maybe they need more hard drugs

I mean think about it, even professionally grown weed selectively bred in controlled environments wasn't good enough for the lefties anymore, they had to go and concentrate it down until they flooded the market with the THC equivalent of a crack blast.

jesus that's embarrassing, trying to absorb some of Trumps alpha aura

I converted to Islam you silly yank

angela's hands are still stuck together I see

rich is rich being white is irrelevant

is this Heidegger?

oi you cunt I thought we was gonna go together

what music is she listening to?

Putting France on the front stage
based move
still hate him though

thanks

this post REEKS of unchecked privilege

no shortage of hard drugs in the muslim world senpai

They're very well known for opium and amphetamines

Basement Jaxx - Romeo (Bassline remix)

>kek is that a vatican flag

>gay pride
bloody normies

its less post-truth and more post-accountability. people can say whatever they like on the internet (the largest information platform) and avoid any inquiry into their reasoning or their motivation for posting it.
you can't truly verify the accuracy of anything you read on the internet unless its something that you can observe or work out yourself, but that's too much effort for the everyman so he just believes whatever sounds about right. the truth is currently whatever our biases let us believe.

scholars used to face this problem so they created institutions which staked their reputation on any given publication's accuracy. there isn't much appetite for institutional reputation on the internet, so it'll continue to be a badlands of somewhat-accurate information that gets filtered through humans' biased brains.

Unconverting from Islam

t. tim

hehe

And so the west died not with a bang, but with a whimper

cooking a gammon steak

>yanks

Can't believe secondary school kids have proms. All American films, tele programmes and netflix should be banned.

Wish we had polygamy

Would create even more incels and eliot rodgers

Hullo

Wow... you're telling me two people had sex???
OH MY GOD
THE WEST HAS FALLEN

In contrast, today’s Homo digitalis is anything but “nobody.” He retains his private identity, even when forming part of the swarm. Although he expresses himself anonymously, as a rule he has a profile—and he works ceaselessly at optimizing it. Instead of being “nobody,” he is insistently somebody exhibiting himself and vying for attention. The mass-mediated nobody, on the other hand, does not claim attention for himself. His private identity is extinguished. He has vanished into the mass. This also represents his good fortune: after all, if he is nobody, he cannot be anonymous. On the other hand, Homo digitalis often takes the stage anonymously. He is not a nobody but a somebody—an anonymous somebody.

oh fugg this is excellent

yes nanny state please nanny me some more i've been a bad boy x

>there is no longer a germany, the german land has been occupied since 1945 not memeing muh nazism and le hitler was right but it breaks my heart to see what that place has become since when my opa and oma used to live there

looks like banging to me :^)

*aggressively cooks bacon towards your local mosque*

MMM YAAAAAASS QUEEN SLAY GIMME THAT NANNY STATE RIGHT NOW I AM A SIMPLE SMELLY SERF CONTROL ME MMMMMM MYEEEEEEEESSSSSS