I just read that Pet Sounds is almost a Brian Wilson's solo album. Is he some kind of genius?

I just read that Pet Sounds is almost a Brian Wilson's solo album. Is he some kind of genius?

No. Its bad. you're embarrassing yourself now, log off

>Is he some kind of genius?

it's called "autistic savant"

What?

T. Mike Love

Hey Mike.

6 days

Caroline, No was released as a solo single.

You all need to move on, its a bad piece of art. Its not just that its not good, its actually badly made and its obvious that Wilson was losing his mind because this album, its shit! Shit I tell you!

Not an argument

this dood is rping

Now I am convinced that this is the worst album ever made. Thank you

>Wilson's symphonic arrangements wove elaborate layers of vocal harmonies, coupled with sound effects and unusual instruments such as bicycle bells, buzzing organs, harpsichords, flutes, Electro-Theremin, trains, Hawaiian-sounding string instruments, Coca-Cola cans, and barking dogs, along with the more usual keyboards and guitars.
>For Pet Sounds, Wilson's goal was to create "the greatest rock album ever made" — a personalized work with no filler tracks.
>Pet Sounds is regarded by musicologists as an early concept album that advanced the field of music production, introducing non-standard harmonies and timbres, and incorporating elements of pop, jazz, exotica, classical, and the avant-garde. A heralding work of psychedelic rock, the album signaled an aesthetic trend within rock by transforming it from dance music into music that was made for listening to, elevating itself to the level of art rock. Author Bill Martin said that within Pet Sounds, the Beach Boys "brought expansions in harmony, instrumentation (and therefore timbre), duration, rhythm, and the use of recording technology. Of these elements, the first and last were the most important in clearing a pathway toward the development of progressive rock."
every track has at least 12 people playing the weirdest combination of instruments, theremin with harpsichord, clarinets with prepared pianos, French horn with accordion, etc. and it's all filtered into one weird tone color. this is what cements it in the genre because there is no pop music that really *sounds* like this save for phil spector's songs, but they were often very simple in structure and still only used pianos, guitars, strings, and latin percussion.

the album can't be reduced to a collection of psychedelic quirks (like Sgt. Pepper), because there are no attempts at distortion and very little reliance on tape effects and simple overdubbing tricks

Hi Stefan, maybe you should take your cuck politics and your 'business makes everything work, no one would ever be greedy, the free market works but communism doesn't' bullshit mindset and fuck off somewhere else, because nobody likes you.
welcome to the light
The fact that you think any of that write up means that Pet Sounds is a good record just shows me how much of a fucking idiot you are.

Yes

It sucks

This.

It sounds like circus music.

>le Pet Sounds is shit contrarianism
This is worse than the people who think it's the greatest album of all time.

>Its contrarian to hate this hack record
!???

you're literally being a contrarian about Pet Sounds right now you holier than thou centrist cunt

Yes
Check out this docu