Yay or nay (MBV - Loveless)

Yay or nay (MBV - Loveless)

good but overrated

Love it, just sad how the rest of their stuff gets overlooked because of it

a 10/10 album

only people who have heard this album a maximum of 3 times would say something like this

nay

>you have to listen to it more than once to realize it's good
what a fucking idiot

if you'd venture outside of memerap you'd realize that music isn't so shallow that you can always "get it" on initial listens

It's kind of style over substance
I still believe after years of listening that the most popular and distinctive songs are generally the best (Only Shallow, When You Sleep, Sometimes) - and Soon, which is one of the best dance-rock tracks ever recorded.
The rest is a pleasant cacophony and the highlights are well spread so it never really loses too much momentum

8/10
too much filler
but yay overall

This is true, but I've found that "getting it" gets easier the deeper you get into challenging music.

experienced listeners definitely have the advantage when it comes to wrapping their head around unfamiliar/new music, especially with genres they're familiar with. i think its time we put an end to this ">forcing yourself to like something" meme. your ignorance doesn't impress me newfriends

Loveless is probably their most accessible album though.

It gets progressively worse the more you dive into music. It's only a 10/10 for the newbies, not a bad thing though.

There are literally no filler tracks on this album.
Most of the time when people say an album has filler, they're just intrumental or ambient tracks and they are too plebeian to enjoy them.

eh

>judges an album from one listen

>only people who have heard this album a maximum of 3 times would say something like this

only people who haven't listened to any other shoegaze ever would say something like this

Absolutely awful. Over hyped trash from dumb teenagers on mu.

Literally the only filter is Touched and I'd consider it a good transition track to To Here Knows When

name one shoegaze album better than Loveless

le hoover meme

>TFW listened to this at least 15 times and still think it's only an 8/10
What am I doing wrong?