MLS goal is posted on social media

>MLS goal is posted on social media
>comments are full of triggered euros
Why are euros so threatened by the very existence of the MLS?

Other urls found in this thread:

therichest.com/sports/ranking-the-15-most-popular-sports-in-america/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Soccer_League
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Soccer_League
youtube.com/watch?v=3z4nschngn0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mls is shit though.

So are lots of leagues. But it's a very different reaction for the MLS.

Because mls is shit and mls pretends it's a good league in their marketing campaigns.

probably because "it's not called soccer" wah I'm so triggered.

t. Nigel Muhammad

t. Skyler "Mls analyst and gay rights activist" Hernandez.

Inferiority complex and afraid the US is going to eventually cuck Europe into becoming the best soccer league even though we don't care about it. That being said I don't see it getting out of meme status for a long time.

I hope the US wins a world cup soon. 4 years of shitposting

>another American projecting his cuck fetish into the conversation

Every fucking time.

>4 years of Shit posting
Australians have been shit posting since they got off of the prison boat

This reeks of delusional Doyle faggotry. My little sawker isnt even the best league in their own fucking continent.

BEST GIRL

A LOT of angry Chicanos ITT

m8 not even americans here watch that trash. I doubt Sven or Nigel even care.

They care a lot though.

Not really, if anything, there's still a ridiculous stigma against the sport in the country.

t. someone who lived in the US for 8 years.

too many yuros are paranoid and spend too much time fighting imaginary american boogeymen that they've developed without much regard for facts or nuance.

no option besides complaining once you find yourself there.

That's not what he's arguing though. He's talking about European views of it.

But yeah, at best mls is the 9th most popular sports league here, probably 10th

therichest.com/sports/ranking-the-15-most-popular-sports-in-america/

And football is there twice

Measuring it by favorite sport is about the worst way to calculate it. I follow about 8 sports but nothing gets counted except my favorite under this. Soccer tends to be an outlier league that doesn't have nearly as many crossover fans as most sports.

It's all they have

>threatened

It's just shit and American. It's better than the Scottish league though

this is kinda the idea, they like making fun of it because its bad and its mostly american. its funny to make fun of because >fuck americans

>the MLS

Is there a league anywhere that apologizes for existing in its marketing campaigns, though?

What exactly are they supposed to do?
Say "we're shitty so don't watch us?"

Liberal White Male Extinction League.

We're supposed to add relegation/promotion and play the game like nearly every other league.

>relegation/promotion

We don't have enough teams for that, you fucking retard

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Soccer_League
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Soccer_League

The mls is already irrelevant enough no one cares about the NASL

I'm just saying, maybe if it was formatted normally, it would get a little more respect

>Acting like pro/rel is some sort of right

euros are virtue signalling to get more athletic black men to go to europe to fill their boipuccis

It keeps things interesting. Things changing over time, seeing some clubs fall and others rise is pretty cool. I don't need to see shit teams stay in a league and stay shit.

That is not the reason you don't watch MLS

Pretty much is, if they add pro/reg, I might start. It's just I don't want the same teams over and over again.

There is no way in hell that's the only reason or even the biggest reason

See right now there's a bunch of good storylines
Chicago who have been mediocre for a decade look like the best team in MLS and that was the case before Schweinsteiger got there
Real Salt Lake look like they're falling about after a decade of stability
And the Galaxy are facing an identity crisis the season before LA gets a newish team
And your closest team maybe doing something else
Why do you need new teams when there's new storylines?
The EPL needs pro/rel to distract you from the fact it's unlikely that someone not in the big 4 or 6 will win the league the next 100 years especially since someone had already done it not too long ago
I'm not saying pro/rel is bad
But it's far from necessary

Yeah but I like when they remove shit. Like last season Villa was shit, so they were replaced. That makes sense to me. I also like see really small teams do well. Like if Huddersfield stay up this season, I will care a lot more about that than what happens to RSL. There are some good parts to MLS's story but I always love the pro/reg playoffs as it adds a deeper story

>needs pro/rel to distract you from the fact it's unlikely that someone not in the big 4 or 6 will win the league the next 100 years

There are 92 professional clubs in England, it's not all about who wins the premier league

I thought about it and they also need announcers that don't sound like they would rather be at a more stereotypical American sport.

make me a tl;dr on what happened, who scored, for who, and why are people mad

So you care about a team trying to strive for just surviving?
That's terrible
In our league every team has the ability to win the league

Ehh, it seems more realistic though. And if they do even better than that, you feel great for them.

Plus you get great escapes like west brom/portsmouth/sunderland. I guess it keeps both sides of the table interesting

That still seems like a very negative outlook

I suppose it seems like a zero sum game but you can imagine it gives something for the people at the bottom of the stack something to play for.

Okay
You like relegation for some reason
Doesn't mean MLS isn't worth watching without it

Well I'm not particularly having shit teams be granted a free pass to get their shit kicked in year after year by the same teams until they find some stability.

You can have teams at the bottom that still have the chance to win the league

It's all relative. Fans are dedicated to their club, support their players, experience highs and lows regardless of what division they're in. Trying to establish an equilibrium would be both impossible and would ruin an integral part of football culture.

99% of people don't share your opinion
And you could watch games between the good teams
That always changes year to year, you entitled piece of shit

Well that's another thing. The structure for the winner is very American. You have to have the playoffs which no one else really does. I'm more of a straight, if you win the table, you win the league.

How do you know everyone else's opinion?

I think Belgium and some place in Scandinavia now has playoffs. I think Mexico might have them as well.
Not to mention MLS doesn't have a balanced home/away schedule so just having the most points doesn't quite work the way it does in places with a single table

I suppose that make sense. I always thought it would be easier to have a balanced schedule and the winners of the 2 conferences just play each other in a final.

That's boring as hell most of the time
Also
>You
>That flag
Why am I arguing with a yurocuck?
The biggest league in the US has pro/rel but it's so much of a joke that they might as well not have it
Plus there's the success of our sports within this country

Yeah, the confusing thing is that even within conferences I don't believe the schedule is balanced. Some teams play each other 3 times, fo example. Abolishing conferences and combining the table would be nice, but constant transcontinental travel would be tough especially since the league limits each team to 2 (?) charter flights a year

Mexico has 2 playoffs a year

That wouldn't be any fun

Just looked it up, it's Denmark.
I wouldn't be opposed to instituting a relegation playoff if pro/rel were ever to become a thing a few decades from now when there's enough soccer consumption to support it

Yeah that's why the Russian league doesn't really work.

Nah I just watch their soccer. I don't follow there shit otherwise

How would you get teams to agree to it though? If it became anything like the revenue gap between the PL and Championship approving a relegation system would be risking commercial suicide.

Parachute payments?

Yeah, that's the thing. The current crop of MLS owners stuck with it through the hard times in the early 2000s when it was struggling mightily, so you can't really just tell them to fuck off
If anything, it's possible that a limited pro-rel between MLS 1 and 2 might occur. There are probably at least 40 cities that could conceivably want teams

2 20 team leagues doesn't sound too far fetched

You add pro/rel and the sport dies. Teams like Chicago are struggling for relevance already, you add relegation and that team essentially disappears. Now the 3rd-biggest city in the country has no team, and soccer suffers in Illinois as a result.

>Fans are dedicated to their club, support their players, experience highs and lows regardless of what division they're in.

Soccer doesn't have that kind of appeal here. If a MLS team gets relegated, everyone will just shrug and go watch one of the big 3 sports.

>soccer is mentioned on Australian social media
>booty blasted euroboos start crying "IT'S FOOTBALL. IT'S THE WORLD GAME. AFL AND RUGBY ARE DEAD"

You've had awful teams in other sports that kept a fanbase though, like the Cubs? MLS still seems a niche sport for dedicated fans, I doubt they'd exit en masse after a bad season just like that.

Because if MLS ever becomes big, all the best european players will go tere and the european leagues will become shit. There is no way EPL, the La Liga or Serie A will be able to compete.

Gonna be honest. I've lived in a Chicago my entire life and people care as much about the Fire as they do our local WNBA or NBA D-League team. They never get any headlines for anything. They could probably win the MLS championship and nobody would bat an eye. The reason the Cubs and Sox and Bulls Blackhawks and Bears are so beloved is that those franchises have been around as long as their respective leagues have. Cubs and sox are over 100 years Andrew wrigley field is a Chicago landmark ditto with Soldier Field and the 1920 Bears and the 1937 Blackhawks. Even the Bulls have been around for about 50 years now and all of those teams have legendary players be it Tony Esposito or Stan Mikita or Ron Santo or Ted Lyons Walter Payton or Michael Jordan. Everybody in Chicago could name a legendary player from all of those franchise easily. That why they can tolerate bad seasons in Chicago or 108 with the Cubs yet not care about the Fire. They have never been a part of Chicago history and have never been successful enough to be relevant. I couldn't even tell you where their stadium is yet I could give you directions to any of the others from any part of town

Our league just started playoffs between the third last of Ligue 1 and 3rd of Ligue 2.
Who ever wins is in Ligue 1 next season. It's actually quite sad to watch

>leaguea MemeX
Meme league on the decline

MLS owners would never agree to pro/rel. They have a hard enough time putting butts in seats playing against Seattle or LA, let alone playing a D2 game against Omaha, Harrisburg, or Vancouver's B team.

>mls goal is posted on social media
>it's a penalty travel from the midfield

Kek

youtube.com/watch?v=3z4nschngn0

This is kino.

Mls is still light years behind.