Why don't people understand that our national team won't improve until we stop charging kids $2...

Why don't people understand that our national team won't improve until we stop charging kids $2,000/year to play soccer at a high level.

How else will you fund women's programs though?

changing a major part of your system = publicly admitting that you were wrong, it wasn't working, and it wasn't the best in the world

same reason brits will continue to pump out brainless, super-hardworking, super-athletic players and curse their terrible luck when their brave boys are getting played off the park by inferior continentals for the 5000th time

Do we even have an alternative tho? I mean soccer school systems exist because rich clubs fund them, usa clubs dont even have enough money to feed their players.

I'm talking about the whole travel soccer system

Young kid from the worst ghetto has natural talent and anywhere else in the world, he is spotted and signed to a club. In the US, that kid will never play soccer at a high level out in the suburbs and switches to basketball, football or baseball.

this so much

Where is the incentive? An athlete has about a dozen different avenues to get paid more with less competition playing another sport. MLS minimum players make less then city trashmen in some areas.

You guys dominate a bunch of other sports, leave football to us

The base salary for mls is like 100k I think

It hasn't been this way for awhile though. Our youth teams are actually starting to become really competitive now.

>curse their terrible luck when their brave boys are getting played off the park by inferior continentals

Do people actually believe this? Nobody abuses the England team more than the English

Dude, Canasia have just given a terrorist $10m because he injured himself with his own bomb. These people can't see degeneracy even when they have their dog's cock in their mouth. Very sad.

Yeah, it's kind of the same with the US. The press expect better from England because they hype them up. In the states most sports journalists are either uneducated fucks or Taylor Twellman so they don't know what to expect.

Who will pay for everything though?

Well the media are only out to stir shit. We get excited and shitpost during tournaments because we're a massive football fan nation, deep down nobody is deluded enough to think we'll win anything.

Since 66 England have had 3 stand-out teams who failed miserably. We're used to it by now.

Well if they're good enough they don't have to play in MLS

Yeah but then they'd have to live in not America
What's the fucking point?

Do you think the people that run the academis care about the national team? No they are just trying to make money.

>13 year old cousin started playing for his local kids soccer program
>parents had to attend a counseling class so they don't yell at the kids, coaches, and refs
>they are told to give positive reinforcement so the kids won't feel discouraged
>80% of the kids, refs, and coaches are seriously bad
>at a game a female ref didn't know what a fucking penalty was
> some kids would rather pick flowers instead of playing in an actual game
>coaches think they are training some Barcelona kids so won't accept changes in their caching style
>can't say shit because you get expelled
Welcome to the USA soccer programs lads

It's free to play for public high schools. You just need some cleats.

Our top athletes in this country get picked up by other sports like basketball, football, baseball, etc. We spread our talent too thin to compete with the likes of Germany, France, Italy, Spain, etc.

Every major Canadian city deserves to be destroyed by terrorism. Any city larger than Winnipeg or Quebec City.

Only in the rural areas (excluding native reserves, of course) is there any sort of common sense, "Canadian politeness", reasonably affordable housing, or good grassroots hockey.

Let Toronto get blown to shit by Islam, while I chill with my Canadian brothers in Simcoe County, just a quick drive going 140 KM/H down Highway 400 away from the city if I ever want to come and laugh at those fucks. I won't give any of them a place to stay when they default on their million dollar mortgage. To hell with them.

That's is what Canada is all about.

>imblying association football requires athleticism
Every. Single. Time.

This does not make sense at all.
Most (good) footballers are incredibly shitty at other sports.

my older brother was pretty good
even captained the Varsity team at age 14 despite being a manlet at the early stages of puberty.
He was approached by development system but didnt do it because my family could not afford the plane ticket and room & board to some training camp in hawaii

Everything in this thread can be said about baseball as well

wrong. Messi would be elite at 100 m sprint, bobsleigh or javelin throw

mexico

Imagine if the world gave a fuck about basebore. Third world fucking Cuba and Venezuela produce fucking all-stars while an entire nation of rich white kids can barely keep up? Fucking lmfao.

Sad!

>2000 to become a super rich athlete
>40000 to graduate with a BA

>13 year old cousin started playing for his local kids soccer program
>parents had to attend a counseling class so they don't yell at the kids, coaches, and refs
>they are told to give positive reinforcement so the kids won't feel discouraged

This is not bad. Some parents here behave worse than football hooligans (except the actual fighting) in games with 7-8 year olds.

>This meme again
To play association football you have to not be fat so that drains your pool down to about 100 kids

who cares lol

2k/y is peanuts compared to many other sports and soccer is from the cheapest end of hobbies. I'm literally weeping over all of our lost talent in ice hockey because it costs like 9k€/year.

this

most americans don't even run so who cares

england seems to get by with all their fatasses

Damn that sucks

Mexicans form their own teams here and they play that shit like a religion. The atmosphere at the parks with bystanders drinking beer is cool I guess.