How do you feel about a videogame having a better cast than anything Hollywood is shitting out in the next ten years?

How do you feel about a videogame having a better cast than anything Hollywood is shitting out in the next ten years?

Will this be the first instance of vidyakino? Will Kojima succeed in making videogames the preferred medium to tell stories, replacing movies?

If this is successful every actor is going to beg for a part in a videogame, and movie directors will become video game directors.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rFUVLGqsgts
youtube.com/watch?v=WA28-cm9DeA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It will likely have a very interesting story and visuals but be just an avant garde kind of game. People are not going to stop making movies or something, that's fucking ridiculous. You're also setting yourself up for huge disappointment if you're hyping it so much already. You fags learned nothing from MGSV and I love the series and Kojima

>caring about the story in a video game
lmao

Seeing Guillermo Del Toro's goofy neckbearded face made me lol. Why did they do it?

By falling for the Mads Mikkelsen meme you're every bit as bad as the people lining up for the latest Chris Pratt flick. These men are marketing tools, not actors. The Hunt/ Pusher are a hollywood shill job made for the express purpose of creating a new "legitimate" actor to be used in subsequent capeshit releases in order to attract the "film buff" demographic to maximize profits. This happens all the time in hollywood. They pluck out a new star with an inoffensive face from obscurity, put them in an indie shit on the cheap, and bam, they now have "legitimacy" "wow look at this hot new talented actor" appeal and can now be a new "artificial star" to hinge your summer tentpole release on.

It is all fraud, a manipulation. Mads Mikkelsen is no more an artist, no more a human being even, than the new mcdonalds festive hamburger promotion. He is smoke and mirrors, a light show, a pretend actor.

Exact same career progression is true of all of the shilled meme actors of late. Lawrence, Fassbender, Hardy, Pratt, Isaac. By supporting these "lesser known" critical darling you are only enabling the pre-production marketing phase of the capeshit machine.

Mikkelsen is lying to you with his very existence.

wil Sup Forums ever recover?

>avant garde
I've heard this word before, would this fall under that?

youtu.be/rFUVLGqsgts

No I agree people won't stop making movies, just like people haven't stopped making plays, or novels but I have a feeling that if this is successful it will open the floodgates and you will see more and more actors taking part in videogames and people trying to take the industry in a direction that could eventually replace movies in the same way movies replaced the theater.

Which is to say, movies won't go extinct but the market will be taken over by videogames.

It will probably become a better board than it has ever been because all the normies and memelords will migrate to Sup Forums.

>caring about story in those silly moving pictures

Had a hearty good laugh ol' chap

>caring about hackjimas shit

Oh no, how will... HOW WILL Sup Forums or even Hollywood recover from such a *snickers* "excellent casting"

Truly, video games have surpassed cinema

>but pusher, valhalla rising and imdb labyrinth!
BAHAHAA

I'll take video games seriously as an art form when there's a best video game category in the Oscars

I'm just glad we're getting some actual talent this time around. Is Guillermo helping with the story or something?

Report Sup Forumsermin threads
Hide Sup Forumsermin threads

>Oscars
>Legitimate art

It's not clear what his role is, but I wouldn't doubt that he's helping in some form. He's been wanting to make a videogame for a while

No.

Well shit. At least Mads is involved so I'm cautiously hyped.

>normies first game

you've never played el shaddai that was the underrated game visual kino ever to exist

Are you implying imdb approved hacks like taco are quote unquote "actual talent"

>that guy from Walking Dead and Lady Gaga clip

>better cast

I rike it.

>australian
>watches westworld
>plays videogames
Don't talk about whats art or not

>it's another filmfag salt thread

Just die with grace lmao

>avant garde kind of game
It'll probably be like a stealth shooter kind of game with a sci-fi plot. Nothing "avant garde" or experimental about that.

Why will video games never be art?

Mads is a sell out meme product. A bullet point for the trash masters to throw on their press releases to create the illusion that they're selling you a real movie.
>Cautiously hyped for Star Wars because Oscar Isaacs
>Cautiously hyped for Assassin's Creed/X-Men because Fassbender
>Cautiously hyped for Man Of Steel becasue of Michael Shannon
>Cautiously hyped for Death Stranding/Doctor Strange because of Mads
>Cautiously hyped for TDKR/Mad Max because of Tom Hardy
These shills had promise but instead became action figures. Their careers are now thriving on lending legitimacy to toy commercials.

Rumored (confirmed) full cast

>acting
>real

Holy shit are you salty

This is really sad

It'll be a bland game with great trailers like Kojimas last game.

Most actors would rather act than waste their time with this nonsense, kid.

holy shit its true

>God, mom! I'm not 'playing my toys again', this is legitimate new ART, okay?
>For fuck sake, dad, many adults play videogames, like, get on with the times!

I don't watch movies for the story either, retard

games are already superior to and are a replacement for art in every conceivable way

Holy fuck, swap del taco for cumberpatch and you have the 3 most memest actors working today.

>movies
>art

>better cast
>than...Holywood
>Norman Reedus
Nothing says AAA release quite like a television actor.

Phew, look at this manchild playing video games.
I'll go back to shitposting in mature Marvel and DC threads like a big boy!

That is incorrect.

Videogames are for autistic children with adhd

>he doesn't know about konami

Del Taco was supposed to make Silent Hills with Kojima but Konami went full pachinko. So I guess Kojima decided to make him a character in this instead.

I don't consider anything other than literature, music and dancing as art to be honest familia

>How do you feel about a videogame having a better cast than anything Hollywood is shitting out in the next ten years?
That's not really true.
>Will this be the first instance of vidyakino? Will Kojima succeed in making videogames the preferred medium to tell stories, replacing movies?
Vidya is at its best when it doesn't emulate movies, as much as I love Kojimbo.
>If this is successful every actor is going to beg for a part in a videogame, and movie directors will become video game directors.
god I fucking hope not

>Implying lots of TV actors aren't better than Hollywood actors

Better pay and more exposure =/= better actor

I wish this board had more posters like these and less capeshit enabling video game infants who get the wool pulled over their eyes by basic pandering to the reddit "movie buff" sensibility 2bh.

Video games are for everyone actually. It really depends on the kind of game.
Also
>talking shit about games
>when 99% of movies movies is trash for autistic children with ADHD

Kojima doesn't make games. He makes pretentious art movies disguised as games.

Which is why the western game critics love him so much.

Oh yes. Evil Konami robbed us of Kojima's great masterwork.

videogames have transcended the dissociation between subject and object and achieved interactivity. truly, when playing videogames, your mind is the artist.

>listening to classical music
>lower IQ than sportsball fans

>Implying movies don't pander to the same kind of people

Have you watched a movie recently?

FILMFAG TEARS ITT

GET IN HERE FOR TEARS

For every good television actor you have a sea of shit ones.
Not that it isn't true for Hollywood as well, but neither are overflowing with talent.

>Video games are for everyone actually.
Everybody with non-neurotypical sensibilities.

> The Hunt/ Pusher are a hollywood shill job
dude the hunt is danish, studio was zentropa and it's distributed by nordisk film

I mean, MGSV would have probably been better had he been able to finish it.

You really are pathetic refusing to do basic research,

Please.

Grow up!

>If you hate video games then you must watch video game influenced hollywood shitbusters
Get fucked. The "movies as entertainment" cinema viewers deserve a bullet to the skull every bit as much as the literal video game autists.

stop responding to the fucking bait

Danish cinema is just like Korean cinema

Garbage for imdb teens that think they're above hollywood even though both are on the same level pleb hackery

>Will this be the first instance of vidyakino?
No, the cutscenes in Red Alert 2 are the original vidyakino.
>based udo kier
>based ray wise
>semen demon kari wuhrer
>that russian semen demon who did a nude scene in some movie look it up

I didn't expect this thread to trigger so many people. I'll take that as a good sign desu.

youtube.com/watch?v=WA28-cm9DeA

>Kojima trying to make """"""""""""""""""""art"""""""""""""""""""""

Use your brain.

You forgot Stefanie "BUURDS" Joosten.

do not avert thine eyes from the truth
videogames are the purest form of art.

the image from that post contains melancholia and that's danish

>posts on meme taiwanese boards for social outcasts
>tells others to grow up
I think you should go back to your mature Shaneposting thread.

The pasta was originally about Oscar Isaac and that part made more sense in the original context. Still the sentiment of the post is still accurate. It's about commercial co-option of "legitimacy" and the weak minded rotten tomatoes led video game playing PTA worshipping retards who eat it up.

Is that Ray Wise? Leland from Twin Peaks?

This is the cast for Death Stranding?

Why are filmfags so salty ITT? Is it because their "superior" art form is being threatened?

(Superior in quotation marks because I don't think any art form is inherently superior or more legitimate than another)

According to rumors, yes.

Aw yiss

as I said, pure, unadulterated vidyakino

Why does this Sup Forums teen constantly post on Sup Forums everyday trying to be part of it?

Why does he use words like salty outside of twitch meme chat?

Is he a Sup Forums reject from /r/gaming?

None of these things is a hobby unless you're involved in a creative aspect of it.

Consumption is not a hobby.

Sony gonna be putting more money in this game than their movies

Kojima has the biggest dick in the industry.

They apparently gave Kojima a blank check, which is a huge gamble. The guy is notorious for making expensive games already, and now he has the full backing if Sony to make the videogame (movie) of his dreams.

This is why in my OP I say if this is successful. It's a big gamble, Kojima will either transcend the gaming industry or will make Sony lose a lot of money.

Honestly.. I think yes.

what? fucking spergs with tryhard taste?

Dunno man, it seems like telling the story with cutscenes and heavy dialogue(like in MGS V with the tapes), is going backward instead of forward.

I think the right direction is something similar to DOOM, Quake. Pure amazing gameplay with a story/lore, the player should discover. Heavy story games instead work better on RPG games(and according to Kojima, DS gameplay is going to be more similar to the work of Naughty Dog, like Uncharted or TLOU).

Another ten years when the game still isn't out Sony is gonna pull another Konami and rush he game out and fire Kojima.

what the fuck that's fucking DiCaprio on that picture

>anything above capeshit and westworld is try hard
haahahhAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAha

Emergent gameplay was all the crazy in the 2010's so far. I think it's time for emergent storytelling to happen

I bet you got bullied at school

>tfw Kojima's in the hospital today

He said it's gonna be out by the end of 2018 and I kinda believe him. The engine is ready this time around.

You make a very good point. In fact now that you say it, I'm entirely hyped about this in the same way I would be hyped for a movie. Not for one moment has gameplay considerations passed through my mind.

But it's undeniable that this is the direction Kojima is taking. His company isn't even called Kojima studios like a proper videogame company would, but instead its called Kojima Productions which is more reminiscent of the cinema industry.

I'm not interested in stories anymore. I've seen enough of them in my life. A new way to tell them is not going to rekindle this interest.

not him but even if kojima finished the final chapter it'd still be a mess of a plot with a boring open-world

NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT UR FAGGY ARTHOUSE BULSHIT FILMFAGS. VIDYA IS THE WAY OF THE FUTURE

Yeah but that's because there was more than just story elements cut. Imagine what a wild game world they could have made if they spent their time working on it for current-gen consoles rather than making a fucking last-gen port that only 5 people ever bought