What does Sup Forums think about Dinosaur Jr.?

What does Sup Forums think about Dinosaur Jr.?

F E E L T H E P A I N

I saw them open for Primus.

I went for the Primus,

and stayed for the Primus, and bought beer during Dinosaur Jr.

Did you say bought?

Saw them once and the lead singer kept stage diving feet first with these cowboy boots on kicking the shit out of people. I'm surprised he didn't get his ass beat. I don't know if that's his thing, but it was lame.

that is definitely a different band you saw

It wasn't some outdoor pissbath festival, so yes that's the only choice in that venue.

Oakdale Theatre, CT

Possible, it was a long ass fucking time ago (mid 90's), but I'm like 90% sure it was them.

I'm not gay for them but I would suck Lou Barlow's dick.

i've listened to them on recommendation from a fellow Sup Forumstant, and found them to be boring and noisy for my taste. im pretty sure they sound much better live

>boring
That's...that doesn't make sense, they wrote some of the best hooks to ever come out of grunge.

>noisy
Only in their 80s material.

Man I'm the biggest Dino fan you'll meet this side of the US border and I must say I understand why someone wouldn't like 'em, no need to go off on every single non-super-positive comment.

>go off
I'm sorry, didn't realize I sounded angry.

i'm not grunge fan (i grew up with 90's mainstream grunge). but i can see why people like them. just not my cup of tea.

Love them. 'Out There' perhaps the #1 song in the world I most am willing to risk tinnitus by cranking loud af.

YLAM is an all time favorite, the two albums around it are solid but nothing else comes close to capturing that album

There recent albums are every bit as good as their mid-nineties popularity peak.

That is amazing.

I like them as much as any other Dino album but pretty much everyone I know who is into Dino writes them off as boring and gay.

Which makes me sad cause some of their greatest songs are in those new albums as well as their 90s stuff...

They're very loud, and they know that J's vocals suck, so all the instruments are louder than him usually. On volume they're probably a bit under mbv

My favorite band. They're amazing musicians

Even if I like them, can't help... I gotta post this

Blasting Raisans full volume in the gym never gets old

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID TO ME
I KNOW WHAT YOU DID WAS WRONG
YOU'RE ALLOWED TO TORTURE ME
WAIT A MOMENT UNTIL I'M GONE