Why are americans addicted to air conditioning?

Why are americans addicted to air conditioning?

Other urls found in this thread:

theconversation.com/trees-are-a-citys-air-conditioners-so-why-are-we-pulling-them-out-21890
theconversation.com/can-trees-really-cool-our-cities-down-44099
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because it gets hot here, unlike where you live.

It's hot in the south nigga. It was 97 degrees in ga the other day.

Because it's hot as shit outside you fucking snownigger

>get air con in the UK
>it bleeds my electric bill
>have to resort to a fan instead

FUCKING SHITTY ISLAND WITH STUPID HUMIDITY LEVELS

Really makes you think...

It was 90 in the mid-atlantic yesterday. It's hot all over the east coast.

faggot. I use a table-fan when it gets hot. We also have air conditioning units, but for the opposite. Heating pumps we call them.

You're clearly not Magnus Carlsen.

>not being able to afford utility bill

Get a better job.

If it gets too hot all a fan does it blow hot air around.

Heating is the British meme. Don't know why people here obsess over it so much.

hahahaha how the fuck is being cold real nigga like just put on a jumper nigga hahahaha just get in your duvet nigga

americans have a good work ethic and you work less time and less efficiently if you're hot, sweaty, and bothered

°C or °F ?

I don't think you realise just how expensive the living costs of living near Londonistan is

this must be bait

Fahrenheit, obviously. It's not unbearably hot, but the summer just started.

Because we don't live on a glorified iceberg.

Convert then, paying the jizya is crippling.

Because the need something they can take to court in case they get hurt

You really think we're gonna use Celsius?

We got ac first and never looked back

I thought air conditioning was for pussies until I went to the tropics.

It's easy to be dismissive until that real nigger weather hits you.

What kind of barbarian subhuman doesn't have A/C?

I use this shit.

your "hot", is maybe 25c (and even that is a long shot)

try 45c without AC

>tfw have solar panels on my roof
>tfw any time it's hot enough to warrant air conditioning, I pay basically nothing
>tfw my house is always at 65° (18°C)
>tfw last monthly power bill was $15

da fuck that mean?

>ID
>G4y

humidity you fucking retard

>I(TP)m A G4y

You can´t never be sure about ideas of Americans^^

less surprisingly it's in the 110's in Arizona

Why are Norwegians addicted to heaters?

climate change

Its very cheap to run air conditioners in america compared to many countries, despite them complaining of electric bills.

Pretty much almost everyone when I grew up there ran a clothes dryer every day and AC 75% of the 24 hour period. They also have central heating/cooling that is superior to the wall mounted AC's of EU/Australia/Asia further bringing their costs down. Every house is actually built around the AC ducts.

>that ID
>that ID color

kek

Confirmed for full of shit. Highest recorded temperature was 58.

It gets humid is fuck down here in the middle of nowhere Mississippi. I usually just sit on the porch with a cold beer or sweet tea, but A/C is a vital need in the South.

confirmed for 12 y/o

Had 30-35C heat and high humidity back in summer of 2014. It was fucking torture to my non-nigger skin. All fans were sold out in the store and all rooms have heating ovens, not air conditioners.

Their is no fucking Moisture in the fucking Air!! Fans Make it worst You fucking Euroscum!.....I'm sorry but Summers in Southern California are fucking brutal. You can feel the Heat penetrating your shoes. Your shoe start to feel like soles are melting. Fuck me I remember I would go to school around 7:45 A.m and it would be hot as hell. 12:00pm is hell 1:00pm even worst 2:00pm kill me. By 3:00pm your dead from heat stroke and smog especially when their is a high pressure Area and in wont leave, oh go your fucked

being obese gives them serious problems with termoregulation so they need it

why can't yuros afford modern luxuries?

You don't live in southern Spain...

Humidity probably

Why are you addicted to central heating and wood fires?

Because where I live it will get up to 95 degrees with high humidity in the summer and will snow 2 feet in the winter.

White people leave their natural land because they dislike cold. Sad

Because it actually gets hot in parts of America.

i know we give shit to americans about the imperial system but when someone says it was sort of hot followed by 97 degrees you know it's fahrenheit

We got hot because we are moving and working all the time. Not that you'd know anything about that Greece.

from all the coal burning

I've lived in Florida for many years and the climate really doesn't bother me. That being said, the people that come here and start profusely sweating and have labored breathing only moment after stepping outside seriously need to leave. You don't belong here, you're only torturing yourself.

bitch 77F is hot as hell

We have both AC and heating because it will go from below 0 to 90 degrees in the same year, at least in Illinois, which isn't even close to the hottest or coldest place in America

> Why are Americans addicted to air conditioning

Because the George sun is a cruel and unwavering evil. That and I like to get comfy.

Not even close. That is an amazing day in my neck of the woods.

>faggot

calm down Norway, I know all people can't afford air conditioning, but no reason to be angry becauze you are poor.

You use heat pumps? That shit is so inefficient, we only use them in warmer climates here.

>90
>celcius

Do you think America has a colony on Mars?

>^^

Oh right you're a shit for brained German.

>poor
I can afford this shit

because i live in the mojave desert where modern day homo sapiens should not be living - but hey fuck right?

their per capita income is actually higher than yours tho

>I am living in a suburb with the tallest plant might be a sunflower.
>I wonder why it is so hot
Kek. Point at them and laugh

theconversation.com/trees-are-a-citys-air-conditioners-so-why-are-we-pulling-them-out-21890

theconversation.com/can-trees-really-cool-our-cities-down-44099

>tfw it was 104f last week
>now its 60 and raining

G-global warming..

Yep, poor.

I have central air and heating in my 2500 sq ft house and so does every house in my neighborhood.

How many fucking flags you need, unega?

Why would I sweat my ass off all day and all night when we have the technology to be comfy?

I think you need a 1/16 sized flag, user.

But I make more money than most Norwegians?

Seriously why dont europoors have basic things that poor people in America have?
>AC
>automatic ice from freezer
>room in their fucking home
>anything at all

77F is considered comfortable here. That's what I set my AC to

AC can kill you. germ and other shit. fuck that shit.

a real man can take the heat. it's just a few months. fucking AC pussies

Because the kikes didn't make us dependent on that shit you obese fucking beta.

>calling people betas on a japanese anime board

you must be very secure.

We need it you fucking retard. Not everyone has nice cool weather. Europe can't even fucking afford AC so stfu really.

Those dang jews giving us conveniences

because we are a first world country, and can afford to have the commodity of a sustainable living unit

kind of like africans who live in mud huts, they simply don't know there is a better way to live out there, europeans are cucked and still subjected to the weather

where I live temperatures rise above 100F

full disclaimer, I own an hvac company so naturally I am disgusted at the lesser beings who reject all the progress we've made at being a higher class in the world

>95 F here yesterday
>90+ F again today
>ancient ac that could go at any moment

scary as fuck senpai

77 is a bit hot but it's not unpleasantly hot, at least not if you're just out for a stroll and assuming you have some sort of breeze and shade
it can hit 100 in the summer and -10 in the winter here in MA
IMO perfect weather is 65 and ~55%
absolute worst part is the humidity though, right now it's pretty goddamn humid with pollen everywhere
goddamn cocktail of misery, I'd want to kill myself if I didn't have sophisticated climate control

>implying you Hungarians know anything about the heat

>all of America is the same
There are huge ass trees everywhere in the east, midwest, northeast and south, including neighborhoods. My house is surrounded by mature red and white oaks, also a honey locust that I fucking despise because it shits out seed pods all over my roof.

Why are euros so dumb?

In less you want mold growing in your house you NEED AC in south Florida. The heat isn't so bad, but the humidity will drive you insane.

>-10
-31F was coldest time last winter here, that's when I start using sweaters
77F is purest form of hell for me

Are you daft or just shitposting? Norwegian summers are nothing compared to the humidity of summers in parts of America.

Well technically I am in North Carolina so I could use it, but I live in Cherokee rez so I use this

Was at 97 degrees in VA. Today is 90+ again.

Lel, I live in West Virginia where the summers are 90+ degrees and the winters are -15. I have an air conditioner running literally all day in the summer and a furnace running all day in the winter.

The mountains are a crazy place man, it's difficult to live here without controlled heating.

dunno, i have all those things and basically everyone i know have them, but it isnt so very crucial, and before you ask, yes summer is hot here

I dont use AC. My house is well insulated and the floor is concrete at the base, I insulated the outer edges of the pad with thick foam underground. It keeps the pad insulated to the grounds temperature. On a 90 degree day it peaks at 75 indoors.

must be nice

I live in the desert and Americans are a bunch of pussies who can't stand some American "heat"

You ever sit in a house when it's 90 degrees with humidity at 90% ?

Here's a fact most of you won't think about as you don't own homes.

If you don't run AC in the summer, or a dehumidifier(which costs as much as an ac to run), mold will have a fucking party in your house and you'll have a way bigger problem than paying a small utility bill.

I've learned this by being a cheap ass and trying to not run ac for a summer. Mold started growing on my kitchen cabinets, bathroom ceiling, wood trim, cloth furniture, etc.

So I bleached all that shit and used since expensive ass chemical on the furniture and bought a dehumidifier but that thing raped my electric bill and it's a pita to empty it. AC is the cheapest and best solution.

ha, wv fag here. A few winters ago it hit -27, I got off work at 5 am and no ones car would start but mine.

>tfw working in a AC and general cooling company in germany
>tfw demand for AC is constantly on the rise

too much wörk

Most modern air conditioners have a dehumidifier setting that consumes less electricity.

OP why don't you go without heating in the middle of winter?

God never intended us to dwell on shitty desert islands.

>live in a desert
>get rekt

Dirty plains folk don't understand the mountains.

It's a whole 'nother world up here.

I live in Chicago (reeee be upon it) it went from 60-70 degrees to 95+ in the course of about a week and a half
These kinds of spikes make it hard to adjust

your mom has nice tastes in paintings