Transformers: The Last Knight

So the embargo lifted on the set visits and all sorts of little nuggets and goodies with the press from the past year. Giving us a lot of new details about the movie. Sounds pretty promising desu. Maybe this will be the one? The trailer should be out later today as well.

COLLIDER

Expect More Grimlock, Dinobots in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'

collider.com/transformers-5-g...#mini-dinobots

Don't Expect Michael Bay to Direct a Marvel Sequel

collider.com/michael-bay-marvel-movie/

‘Transformers: The Last Knight’: 45 Things to Know about the Sequel

collider.com/transformers-5-what-we-know-so-far/

There’s an R-Rated, “Very Quentin” Idea for the 'Transformers’ Bumblebee Movie We’ll Never See

collider.com/transformers-bum...tin-tarantino/

SLASHFILM

Transformers The Last Knight Set Visit: Everything We Learned About The Story & Characters

slashfilm.com/transformer...-visit-part-1/

SCREENRANT

Transformers Writers Room Has Outlines For Parts 6 and 7

screenrant.com/transformers-6...B-P&view=lista

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jqp1ffEUEq0
youtube.com/watch?v=5SepcT0KtUM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Don't Expect Michael Bay to Direct a Marvel Sequel

FUCK YEAH!

RIP MARVEL

Bay was the last one left who could have saved them.

Also T5 is gonna be raw, unbridled, KINO.

these transformers promos are starting to look more and more like prog rock album covers.

so what is optimus now a wolf that fights space dragons with a sword? that's metal as fuck. there's no way in hell i'm going to watch it though

>he isn't gonna watch it

What are you, gay? Not trying to be rude, serious question.

>It’s not that Bay isn’t a fan, “I really liked Civil War. I like a lot of the Marvel movies,” he told the journalists on set. “When I saw Iron Man, it broke a lot of new ground for me, and it was a great character. Funny, witty, I liked that about it.” Though he does “wonder where [superhero movies] are going to go,” noting that Batman v Superman and Captain America: Civil War as having “almost the same setup.”

>The bigger problem is that Bay doesn’t want to come into a movie universe that’s already fully formed. He wants to create the world himself. And that pretty much rules out joining a shared universe. “I wouldn’t want to, it’s not my thing, it’s just not my gig,” Bay explained.

He should direct Invincible if they do a live action, but honestly, that'd be better as a cartoon.

Better not flop, Paramount can't handle another blunder.

China exists

Not gonna lie, Transformers one was summer blockbuster kino.
youtube.com/watch?v=jqp1ffEUEq0
>Peter Cullen will die in your lifetime

Im actually quite suprised he never tried to direct a MCU movie earlier in its infancy or nobody contacted him.

Im pretty sold he would be able to make the inhumans interesting desu

>Shia LeBouf as Black Bolt
>doesnt need to speak to act
>when he does its a giant DO IT everytime

make it happen

Are you guys ready for Robo-kino????

>no Nicola

I thought Optimus Prime flew into space to fight god in the last movie

Is it three hours long?

>we want the Suicide Squad audience

13 Hours was pure Baykino.

Is it better than Pain & Gain? That's the definitive BAYKINO for me 2bh

China killed TMNT 2, another Paramount film.

I like Pain & Gain but thought 13 Hours was better

In that regard, Transformers 4 makes the first look like utter, forgettable shit. I have never seen a more "summer blockbuster" movie than AoE. Just having Wahlberg instead of Lebouf makes it a million times better.

>Don't Expect Michael Bay to Direct a Marvel Sequel
No duh. You can shit on Bay all you want for advocating style over substance, but at the very least he has style. Marvel movies are "executive-approved formula" over both style and substance. Bay would get fired in a week for actually wanting the movie to look and sound unique and dynamic.

Seconded.

I think it's weird how audiences regard the Bayformers franchise, given the normal popularity trends. If you told any modern millennial that there was a movie coming to theaters that was about giant alien robots that Transform into vehicles and wage a civil war that spans eons and also involves Earth and the Arthurian Legend, I feel like it would be bigger with normies than that Guardians of the Galaxy shit.

But for some reason, it's everybody's whipping boy. Everyone seems to love shitting on Bayformers. I think it makes them feel smart, like no matter what other movies they indulge in, Bayformers are across the line. Worst thing ever committed to film. Is this just because it's based on a past franchise, yet isn't a 100% accurate, boring, pandering re-imagining of it?

Your taste is so shitty it's astounding. No wonder these awfiul films keep making money.

Hopefully it's different this time around, the age of dumb action is starting to die (ID4 2, BvS, TMNT 2, Hardcore Henry, etc)

The hell is wrong with dumb action? I'll bet you have a hard time enjoying any movie when your nose is turned up to the ceiling like that all the time.

Fuck you this movie is dogshit and Peter Cullen's worst performances are from these movies.

Yea those pesky marvel movies couldn't handle his toilet humor, he would try to make a fart or dick joke and it would be too much for those small minded executives. I don't respect someone for merely having a style if the style is retarded. If he was merely a cinematographer I would agree. "Unique and dynamic" your head is so far up your ass it's unreal. I haven't seen a more forgettable summer blockbuster than Armageddon, 13 Hours, and Pearl Harbor. Michael Bay is the fucking king, forgettable blockbusters are his domain and he has no equal. Sup Forums started sucking his dick after it became popular to recognize his artistry with the camera and unpopular to mindlessly hate him but he never stopped being a hack and you guys are just as much of a hivemind now as ever. Go jerk off to every frame a painting.

Its not like it's some inexplicable weird reason, the reason is the movies are shit. They are bad for the very reason that they do not focus on the grand aspects you described and instead have such engaging protagonists as Sam Witwicky and Cade Yeager. It's everyone's whipping boy because "Guardians of the Galaxy shit" has yet to stoop low enough to proudly front and center show a man's ass and a robot taking a piss on the same guy who shows his ass later. Keep in mind, i'm not saying this to sound smart, i'm saying this as an autist who actually likes Transformers and has consumed well written media with those talking robots. So from expeireince in this field I am telling you they are shit. If you want something actually epic in galactic civil war scale, the cartoons and comics wipe the floor to a hilarious extent with these awful movies.

Fuck HotRod.

Christ the 80s movie is fucking brutal. And Hasbro even stated it was to sell toys. They Killed almost the entire cast in brutal and humiliating ways to sell toys. Any one who thinks this is somehow better than the bayformer crap is just stupid and wearing nostalgia glasses.

It was fun as a kids movie, but try and watch it now and its garbage. the animation doesn't even hold up.

>well written media with those talking robots
such as?

>Fuck you this movie is dogshit and Peter Cullen's worst performances are from these movies.
Holy shit how much of a pleb can you be?

Your sole criticism is that they killed off characters to sell toys. If we do a body count Bay's movies killed off probably double but the difference is no one could even tell who they were supposed to be, they had either no character or one line of dialogue that most people missed, and some are so far in the background yet given a toy it's ludicrous. Bumblebee fucking killed Soundwave and you would be forgiven for thinking he was just another generic deception goon. I have seen it now and the animation is good. The backgrounds are very detailed, there's good action and a kick ass soundtrack/ost.
I would watch Megatron vs Optimus ten times before I watched the same fight in Bay's movie.

Beast Wars and the IDW comic series from 2007 onwards are the best in my opinion that I would recommend for actual good stories. Transformers Prime and Animated are pretty good but have a lot of bad episodes. Fall of Cybertron and Transformers Devastation are both fantastic.

My main criticism is the whole thing is based on the fact that its made to sell toys, all of it.

Bayformers or the jap shit, its all made to sell pieces of plastic.

Beast Wars was dope, Dinobot will always hold a place in my heart.

"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the good and let me be judged accordingly. The rest is silence."

How many kids shows drop Hamlet quotes.

Its hard to post how awesome Beast Wars is because of the animation, but this speaks for itself
youtube.com/watch?v=5SepcT0KtUM

The lore and history stuff they talk about sounds really fun honestly. This actually might be the one lads.

I remember watching this one Saturday morning on my local WB channel, ruined my whole weekend.

NO PRIME, NOOOOAGROGFJAROROERLR