What directors have never made a bad movie?

Name directors that have never made one bad movie yet.

I am not talking about box office, only quality.

Jean Vigo

David Fincher if you don't count Alien 3.

Paul Thomas Nolan

Stephen King

Shane Carruth

>if you don't count
That's not how it works.
All directors in the world have never made a bad movie if you "don't count" the bad ones.

what faggots have never made a good thread

kys

>David Fincher

Lol. He's never made a good movie either.

Don't take it so seriously brah

Ben Affleck

Wes Anderson.
Only made like 3 movies.

George Lucas

Xavier Dolan

>Asghar Farhadi
>Steve McQueen
>Justin Kurzel

To be fair, haven't yet seen Farhadi's new film, and there's a very likely chance that the script of AssCreed is going to drag the no doubt wonderful direction and gorgeous cinematography all the way to the fucking bottom.

Edgar Wright. All four of his films are top tier comedies.

unironically Quentin Tarantino

he's made nothing but shit

Steve McQueen

christopher nolan

You're still mad about that anal sex reference, are you?

Peter Weir

The weakest of the bunch is You Can Not Redo. I'll settle for someone thinking it's disappointing, though calling it bad is a little much.

This actually.

Tarantino might be overrated, but even his worst movies are still pretty decent.

Sam Mendes

Spectre was mediocre, but not bad

>Ant man

Ant-man doesnt count since he dropped out in the middle of filming because he didnt get enough creative control.

Depending on whether you count Piranha II as actually being directed by him, James Cameron should be up for consideration

Denis Villenueve
Paul Tomas Anderson
Jeff Nichols
Andrew Domink

Lynch (Dune does not count, as he did not have final cut)

malick is the only right answer ages like a fine wine

Coen Brothers

I literally stopped watching Shiki-Jitsu because it was too good.

he is out of his mind. First movie was cool and hyped because it was made with 2 bucks and was over complicated. He got money to make the second movie and it's Richard Kelly all over again. Dude is a fluke. One hit wonder if you think of Primer as a hit.

Upstream Color was made with like 50 grand and it seemed like an interesting concept. Why the hate?

Yep. Even though some of his movies missed the mark you can't say he didn't deliver something of value that was unique. He has no bad movies, just ones that don't appeal to a lot of people.

It's also funny how your tastes change as you get older and re watch things.

10 years ago Pulp Fiction was my favorite by a long way.

A few years ago it was Reservoir Dogs, I thought Pulp Fiction was too hip by then.

Now that I'm older I think Jackie Brown is his undisputed best due to the character focus.

When I spiral into a mid life crisis I'll probably relapse and go to thinking Kill Bill is the best, will probably appeal to a middle aged man that's got it out for a few people xD

Wes Anderson if you don't count those shitty short films.

Charlie Kaufman.

There I said it, you can't prove me wrong and you know it.

>Denis Villenueve

Prisoners were awful.

Sofia Coppola
Neill Blomkamp

>Neill Blomkamp
Not with Elysium and Chappie on his resume.

They're not great, but you can't call them BAD