The 2000's will never come back

>the 2000's will never come back

I can't wait for the 2020s, when 00's nostalgia parties will become popular.

ye boi, frosted tips and lightwash jeans

Thank fuck for that.

I'm 28, and musically the 00s were overall pretty fucking lame.

The Strokes were a mediocre revivalist nostalgia band. That was one of the bothersome things about the decade - there was this "end of history" sense, in that it felt like nothing new was happening - everything seemed retrospective. For mainstream movements, there were some really good garage rock revival bands, like The Libertines and Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

The whole scene kid thing was unbearable, with all those shitty scene emo-pop and metalcore groups. It was pure shit.

It also felt pretty gross overall with hip hop. OutKast were an amazing group, but there were all these terrible, rich bragging crunk groups.

Looking back, retrospectively, it becomes obvious there was a lot of amazing stuff happening in the underground. There were some great post-hardcore and noise rock groups, it was a good time for experimental metal genres, particularly sludge and drone metal, and there were some GOAT rappers in the underground. But those underground groups were not what was defining popular culture. Again, it was shitty dumb rich guy rappers, retro 70s-worship bands, and Hot Topic scene/emo kids.

From my perspective, the 2010s were a breath of fresh air because there was so much new stuff happening. Everything stopped feeling retrospective. It was also a good time to be in my early 20s, because suddenly all the pop artists were heavily influenced by EDM/house/breakbeat stuff, so going out was fun.

2000s gave us Myspace, Reddit, Facebook, AIM, Halo, and Sup Forums.

Best decade

Too bad if you didn't catch what was going in the underground. Also, indie rock parties were fun as fuck, too bad they've become extinct where I live.

I'm 27 and I thought the 00s (particularly the early 00s and very late 00s) were great.

The whole alternative rock thing was awesome. So many great singles from bands like The Strokes, Hives, Vines, Sounds, White Stripes, Interpol, Kaiser Chiefs, Arctic Monkeys, Fountains of Wayne, Coldplay, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Shiny Toy Guns, Metric, Franz Ferdinand, etc.

Not to mention the non-music stuff like Tom Green and Jackass introducing me and a lot of people to older punk and alternative rock. The 00s really ended up being a lot cooler than the late 90s (which I remember loathing even then).

the indie scene of the early to mid 2000s felt very forward-thinking and innovative. i'd argue there's way more nostalgic-sounding stuff coming out today than ever. every other new indie band is either a generic dream pop group, 80s synthrock/pop revival, or post-punk inspired.

Culturally relevant indie bands of the 2000s: Arcade Fire, Broken Social Scene, Animal Collective, The Unicorns. the whole "freak folk" scene in general

Culturally relevant 2010s indie bands: Ariel Pink, Vampire Weekend, Mac Demarco, The War on Drugs/Kurt Vile

The former seems much more diverse and original than the latter imo

USED TO GET IT IN YOUR FISHNETS

>there will never be another Jackass movie

This

Indie between 2002-2007 was the best. So much incredible music.

Probably true, except Vampire Weekend is p great and Ariel Pink's discography >>>>> anything in 2000s when it comes to originality

This thread is a perfect example of why rockists are the worst

>using the term rockist at all
there's soy dripping from your post

Ariel Pink comes from the 2000s. His first official release as Haunted Grafitti was like 2002.

Please, rockist are the second most soy group of "music" fans, next to poptimists a la p4k. Seriously, beig a rock fan in 2017 implies you're oozing soy all over. Not a single band with testosterone has been namedropped in this thread
>The Strokes, Hives, Vines, Sounds, White Stripes, Interpol, Kaiser Chiefs, Arctic Monkeys, Fountains of Wayne, Coldplay, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Shiny Toy Guns, Metric, Franz Ferdinand

WHERE IS PETE DOHERTY, HE WAS WAY BETTER THAN THESE CUNTS

So you're more of a fan of Disturbed, System of a Down, Slipknot, Korn, Staid, Saliva, Switchfoot, Shinedown, Avenged Sevenfold, Sevendust, and Mudvayne?

or

Queens of the Stone Age, Stone Temple Pilots, Velvet Revolver, Acid Mothers Temple, Muse, Mars Volta, and At The Drive In?

All 00s shit, different scenes.

That was the late 90s ya dunce

Think cleanshaven hipsters with either sweaters or trucker hats again and really low rise waists

>visits /r/hiphopheads once

AnCo, Kanye, Arcade Fire the classics.

>The War on Drugs/Kurt Vile
not relevant in the slightest sorry bro, thats just wishful thinking

00's nostalgia is already popular. Fucking 2010-2020 is a nightmare.

I would never want to live through them again but I can't help but feel nostalgic for it's retarded and gay culture

This is so stupid; if your impressed of music now is washed up jangle-pop project, you need to listen to more music.

Thank god, shit like nu metal and pussified pop rap needs to stay dead and buried.

It must upset you that those genres are the primary influence on all the popular music now-a-days.

>nu metal
>influencing 2010s pop

>what is Death Grips?
>what is Trap?

>death grips
>pop
Don't think Sup Forums is an accurate representation of what is popular music.

You must be over 18 then? My younger brother is 16 and he knew about Death Grips without ever having even heard of Sup Forums. This is what kids actually listen to these days.

>missing this crap

>Myspace, Reddit, Facebook, AIM,
Explain to me how ANY of those things are good

AIM was awesome back in the day. You're likely too young to remember.

I'm 28.