Were they actually good or typical early 2000s Nu-Metal

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WymgZtZPFlo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Actually good. Best vocals in a nu-metal group if nothing else.

They were good

They weren't nu metal in the slightest.

SOAD is not nu-metal, they are alternative metal.

>calling System of a Down nu-metal
Every time

Overall pretty good although their last two albums were trash. They aren't nu-metal either.

Why do YOU feel like making such vague, sweeping generalizations when you've heard so little music?

Two million Americans are incarcerated in the prison systeprison system of the US.

First album was by far their best
>I WANT TO FUCK MY WAY TO THE GARDEN, CAUSE EVERYONE NEEDS A MOTHERFUCKER
>WHY THE FUCK DID YOU TAKE HIM AWAY FROM US YOU MOTHERFUCKER
>the entirety of Mind

THEY'RE TRYNA BUILD A PRISON

Their last two albums are actually great though.

THEY'RE TRYING TO BUILD A PRISON

>Drug money is used to rig elections and train brutal corporate sponsored dictators around the world
What a redpill in middle school.

Is there a more quotable abnd than SOAD?

they're a band with good musicianship and high mainstream appeal playing a non-mainstream genre and that makes them extremely valuable

I can now think of dozens of bands that are better but I only know this because SOAD set me down that path

I would put them up there with bands like The Clash, Nirvana

(for you and me to live in)

>their last two albums were trash
Metal purist.

>We can't afford to be neutral on a moving traiiiiin~

Yes. They're just easy to hate because of their mainstream success. I've thoroughly enjoyed all of their albums including the last two. However, they need to not come back. Serj is an old man and he sounds like one. Hearing him perform live deeply saddens me because he just doesn't have what it takes to do some of their older material properly anymore.

>serj is 50 years old
what the fuck
what the fuck

50 isn't that old, dude. He's like dad aged

That's old my dudes. His live voice sounds fucking horrible these days.

they were good. serj sounds terrible nowadays

they're also out of their prime
any new material they make will always be compared to the "good old days"
in other words, it may be good stuff, but there's a 99% chance it will be disappointing

why don't they drop the tuning to drop B or drop A? if it means serj can sing in key again
I don't mean this to make it sound heavier; lowering tuning happens quite a lot to accommodate an aging singer's declining range

That is inevitable after all this time. That's probably one of the many reasons why they haven't put out a new record.

While he'd be in key, I still think he sounds bad. He reminds me of late career Lemmy and Mikael Akerfeldts current heavy vocals.

ANOTHER PRISON SYSTEM
ANOTHER PRISON SYSTEM
ANOTHER PRISON SYSTEM

I think he's good. I don't like his singing style like his solo stuff when hes with SOAD, but sometimes live he can sound like it's the late 90's again. Probably only for a short time though. Their next album will probably be like their last two, ie more singing.

>solo serj>scars on broadway
>daron writes all the soad songs
?

>there are people on this board RIGHT NOW who don't like mezmorize/hypnotize

>Mezmerize
>Just another nu-metal band

they are literally nu metal the riffs are taken straight from every single shitty korn knock off ever and the songs follow a simple verse chorus verse chorus pattern and there's the blending of unrelated genres with metal and some electronic bits

>dude blending genres lmao

yes
did you have anything to add to the present conversation

nah, cunt

SOAD would still be decent even without the good songwriting

I agree
Weren't they supposed to release a new album soon? Whatever happened to that?

there's weezer.

>some electronic bits
Now, you're an idiot. System of a Down has NEVER had any electronic sounds or influences inside their music. They don't even have the lingering hip-hop rhythms one would associate with Nu Metal. They're just straightforward Alternative Metal/Rock.

hip hop isn't integral to nu metal just because limp bizkit and linkin park rapped over their music and if you can't hear the synths in some SOAD tracks you are literally deaf or using earbuds

I always thought SOAD was MSI for normies.

Saw them live last year and even though I agree Serj can't sing, still one of the most intense shows Iv ever been too.

What songs do they use synth in?

>hip hop isn't integral to nu metal just because limp bizkit and linkin park rapped over their music
Notice how I said hip hop "rhythms" and didn't mention rapping whatsoever. Nu Metal is a fusion genre of Alternative Metal that places emphasis on its versatility, combining many elements of other genres with Alt. Rock/Metal. Besides Tankian's idiosyncratic lyricism and singing, SOAD instrumentally have little to no diversity in their music. They're just vanilla Alternative Metal.

And where in the mother of fuck could you hear any electronic sounds in their songs? What song were you listening too? Give me a link.

>calling SOAD nu metal triggers Sup Forums

SOAD fucking sucks. They're good for a song at a time, beyond that they're obnoxious as fuck.

SOAD are very good. Not a bad album.

WIRED WERE THE EYES OF THE HORSE OF THE JET PILOT ONE THAT SMILED WHEN HE FLEW OVER THE BAY WIRED WERE THE EYHES OF THE SHYORS

>SOAD would still be decent even without the good songwriting
THE MOST LONELIEST DAY OF MY LIIIFFEE AIYYAA AII AHHH AIII AHHH

Serj is credited for keyboards on hypnotize/mezmerize

youtube.com/watch?v=WymgZtZPFlo

This is so much better. It can actually save the world

CRUEL REGULATORS SMOKING CIGARO CIGARO CIGARO

Musically, I feel like Mezmerize/Hypnotize are masterpieces. Not necessarly complex or groundbreaking, but just so damn good. The lyrics can be hit or miss, but the vocal performances are nothing short of stellar.

The riffs on Mezmerize are insane

Personally I prefer Hypnotize, but both albums are 8.5/10 at the bare minimum

I really liked everything they made up until Hypnotize/Mesmerize which were just meh. Their self-titled especially is probably my favorite.

veggie tales is actually a good show.

I've always liked them. Can't think of one bad album, and Mesmerize is one of my all-time favorite albums.

old school hollywood

Pretty sure that song was made as a joke.

>hip hop isn't integral to nu metal
it kind of is. even korn, slipknot and deftones had rapping in their songs.

SOAD is one of the bands I was scared I was going to have to pretend t not like when I grew up

Thankfully I never grew up

MY COCK IS MUCH BIGGER THAN YOURS

Mr. Bungle for nu metal kids

No, they were actually good. They weren't typical nu-metal either, although I have no objection to nu metal really.