What are some of the best films focused on transhumanism? I really can't think of many

What are some of the best films focused on transhumanism? I really can't think of many.

That robin Williams one with the monk joke

No real good ones, but there is that one with johnny depp.

Deus Ex video game series.

I'm replaying them and that's actually what prompted this thread.

The transhumanism aspect in all of them are relatively minor and doesn't really go in depth with the concept sadly.

Her.

Not a film, but check out the Swedish series Äkta Människor (Real Humans). Pretty well done. Haven't seen the US remake, Humans.

bicentennial man

It's a UK remake m8, only saw the first season but it was a little melodramatic, bordering on soap opera territory, hope the swedish version isn't like that.

Guess I should get around to watching Her.

Assuming you've heard of Ex Machina.

Pretty frustrating that 99% of transhumanism movies and shows are about sentient robots and AI.

Ghost in the Shell (1995).
No memeing.

Correct.

Does SAC get into transhumanism more? I'm watching it right now but from the way it's headed it doesn't seem to be a huge part of it.

You'll have to wait until it's a thing in real life.

Black Mirror deals with a lot of transhumanist themes.

Robocop
Welt Am Draht?

It's a slow burner, for sure but don't give up. It doesn't ride straight down the rails. It explores the theme in a nice way I think.

Yeah it's very interesting either way.

World on a wire looks good

mr. nobody.

and then there was that animated movie where the actress goes into virtual reality, god damnit someone help me out here.

sry I just found it, it's called the congress.

Anyway, in answer to your earlier question SAC does feature more on trans-humanism at times, it's a pretty central theme. Arise less so.

Had no idea arise was a TV show too, thought it was just a film retelling of GitS, is it anywhere near as good as SAC or the original GitS?

I didn't like it at first but it grew on me. I love the setting and characters so I'm a little biased.

It's a series that was cut into a film evangelion style.

It's really shit
Awful visuals, abysmal writing, and the music ... Oh dear God, the music ...

Hello? Westworld? What the eff Sup Forums?!

It's shit.

>films

Automata

I like the movie idea of how AI's intelligence won't just peaked at human level intelligence but will eventually progressed even further. Copying the best or worst aspects of humans is too cliche, moving on to a higher evolution is the way to go.

Also bonus points for practical special effects.