When and why did Sup Forums die?

This thread is not for debate on the question of whether or not Sup Forums is dead.
Post when Sup Forums died and why you think it died.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WymgZtZPFlo
youtube.com/watch?v=tmozGmGoJuw
youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4
youtube.com/watch?v=Gs069dndIYk
rbt.asia/mu/thread/40781467/
rbt.asia/mu/thread/27921979/
rbt.asia/mu/thread/30302640/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the day p4k gave MBDTF a 10 is the day Sup Forums died

Sup Forums was already dying if not dead in 2016, but the election ruined the internet.

Sup Forums was never alive in the first place

andrew wk

kpopshitters
grimeshitters
polfags
rapfags
waifufags
p4kdrones
indieheads

but the most important thing of all
this board became weirdly anti-elitist
if you to most other boards like Sup Forums, Sup Forums or /lit/ the people there pride themselves into being into obscure shit to an autismal extent, and they would never spoonfeed newfriends

It died because it won't listen to this amazing song.

youtube.com/watch?v=WymgZtZPFlo

2011 is when it started going downhill. The slow descent of memerap being taken seriously.

Around 2013 but then again I didn't post before then, all I know is they started doing that whole poptimist shit. Waifu posting and poor attempts at humor/shit posting is beyond rampant at this point. Im starting to believe Sup Forums is just one unfunny faggot with pedestrian taste at this point, gahbage. Plus you dorks allow losers like Montie and that other fucking tripchode Brandon post here...

OH MY GOD I'M BRANDON AND MY LIFE SUCKS
I HAVE TO KEEP MENTIONING THIS ON EVERY SINGLE POST I MAKE
MY LIFE SUCKS BROOO

Around 2015, I noticed an ostensible shift in the tone of the shitposting that took place around here. It became less for humor and fun and more for the sake of combative hostility and actively subverting the quality of posting.

somewhere between NLDW and Yeezus

This

this

it was hobbling along until 2013, and dead for good by then

2013 was the chemo year, it died somewhere near the end of that year. I blame poptimism more than waifu posting or tripfagging.

No one wants to talk about indie anymore

MGMT dropped a hot new track and it gets 0 threads
youtube.com/watch?v=tmozGmGoJuw

>this board became weirdly anti-elitist
This.

Poptimists ruined this board, making shit like Taylor Swift & Ke$ha suddenly have threads in a place that's known for popularizing Death Grips.

And if you weren't a poptimist, you're a p4k drone hipster or some shit.

This too.

One of the few reasons why I came here was for sharethreads. I left by 2014 because posters kept shitting up sharethreads. I just recently came back to check out Sup Forums and wow it's a ghost town here. At least the share thread doesn't look like absolute shit. Yay?

ive been on mu since 2011-12 but this is the oldest pic i have saved. dump yours

Sup Forums as a whole became worse once post-fappening/election fags came and shifted the whole culture to be anti-lurkmoar and anti-OC

Sup Forums's dead because there's nothing interesting to discuss and everyone treats it like /soc/ with album covers anyways

I'm probably partly responsible for why this board is so shit because all I do is post blatant off-topic threads (not necessarily bait, but just absurd shit) and they all reach page 10 because the culture here is so post-ironic that the mods probably think they're missing out on some obscure reference if they even care at all. At least I'm not a newfag.

>oasis
>top 10 Sup Forumscore

this is why Sup Forums died

indie isnt trendy anymore

Everything is different.
Don't know if I'm just tired of internet again... feels like it's done

youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4

2011 killed Sup Forums without a doubt
the only good things since then have been sharethreads, bleep/bloop/related threads, asian music threads, and production/audio threads

This, the death of Sup Forums and the death of pitchfork are inextricably linked.

GamerGate killed the internet, but the election just straight up shat on its grave.

It's only temporary
don't worry

youtube.com/watch?v=Gs069dndIYk

>gamergate killed the Internet

No smartphones and social media did

I really really hope that faggot kills himself sometime soon

Yes sir, indeed.

no, gamergate was the start of “hurr fucking le feminists are ruining le internet durr sjws” and it all snowballed from there

this

shit got really uncool and not fun super fast from that point onward.

You can thank Sup Forums for that.

When did that bullshit happen? It really did open up the septic floodgates.

I don’t even remember, probably some time around when I still browsed Sup Forums like three years ago

Sup Forums die each time you came to search only music you like instead of searching for new music.

I think it's more multi-faceted than that. Race bait hadn't really taken off until much after the Ferguson riots and a media response began to coalesce around Black Lives Matter.
Shitposting became out of control once people accepted that there was nothing left to salvage and it was already dead, like and pointed out.

I stopped browsing around that time I guess cause the shitposting got so bad, somehow it got worse, tell you wut.

why would anybody come here to find new music

I find better music from spotify than I do from here

'member Jazzthreadguy/Swedespammer?

that’s almost impressive

that’s why I stopped going to sharethreads

You guys meme the same fucking albums, you ask for a recc you get MPP and Pet Sounds every goddamn time.

i lived for both

Zombie Sup Forums really is the worst board on this fucking website by far.
I especially pity the oldfags that have spent the last five or six years talking about the exact same albums day in and day out.
This board should just be deleted.

yeah but every other board is just like this

Well, oldfags of Sup Forums, where do we go from here?

I'd say we make our own subreddit, but I fucking hate reddit.

Fuck it, nothing can be done. Go outside nigga, enjoy nature.

we talk about leaving and then just forget all about it and stay here until the next Sup Forums is dead thread

try to change this shitty ship for the better, reddit is worse than outright giving up fuck no

gamergate killed most of Sup Forums

If it is dead, why do we still browse it?

nowhere else to go, i like film and animation but both Sup Forums and Sup Forums are even worse than this shithole, and i'm not as passionate about other shit to go to other boards

Occasionally can find decent reccs and to call that Brandon tripchode a faggot, oh my god i hate that dude.

Because you yourself are dead

Leave Neverland.
If you spent any significant amount of time here when it was still a functioning board, then you already have the means to cultivate a unique catalog of music that you like; you don't need recommendations. The level of discourse around here was always pretty secondary anyhow.
Nothing left for any of us to do but seek out the social infrastructure that contextualizes our interests, be it starting a band or involving yourself in your local scene.
Ship's sunk, son.
Nothing any of us can do about it.

I don’t have anything better to do

also everybody here gets so fucking mad about the dumbest shit

mid-2013 when we drove out all the tripfags and ditched the elitist facade that made us so great.

brandon should just kill himself, fucking faggot i hate him so much

Agreed. Good post.

>tfw by the time you’re an oldfag the entire board is into pleb shit and you can’t be a cunt anymore

Blame the Melon and social media for popularizing this place. Now it's filled with
niggers and plebbit faggots.

Where do you go when you're tired of Sup Forums?

None of those albums are actually good

Other boards
Reddit

Rap music killed this board just as capeshit killed Sup Forums.

fpbp.
fucking dumbshit drones

Niggers

White knight soyboys spotted

>have old Sup Forums threads saved in bookmarks
>enter the thread numbers into rbt archive
>threads from 2012-13 about shoegaze that have 200+ replies, a bunch of random feel threads were people just blogpost and rec songs that get 300+ replies

Seems like this place had so much more traffic that even the off topic threads would hit bump limit and indie was a lot bigger.

sometimes I read old threads I made when I was in high school to look back on it. it's easy to find them if you have the original memes still saved on your pc.

like look at these
Sup Forums had no fucking moderation
they're threads about king crimson being mentioned on a psat question and asking Sup Forums what high school club i should join and they got 100 replies

rbt.asia/mu/thread/40781467/
rbt.asia/mu/thread/27921979/

or a literal "post your tumblr" thread
rbt.asia/mu/thread/30302640/

OFWGKTA/MBDTF era

meme rap is cancer

What club did you join?

Debate team

>most deleted
>mines not deleted
i guess tumblrs were a fad for most people

>tfw you have autistic memory and can remember random exact posts you made years ago, search them
>found old feel threads from 4 years ago where you would greentext things you did with a girl who liked you in hs
>all of the posts were asking "does she like me? should i do this? did i fuck up?" because i was 15
>everyone told me it was obvious she did, turns out she did but I fucked up
>since then a lot happened, she started dating someone else
>you still talk to the same girl to this day

That archive is fucking crazy to read man. There's like a greentext chronicle of my entire relationship with that girl during that time period and easily found in the searches of the Sup Forums archives. I can find old threads and memes from high school, it kind of takes me back.

The board was a lot different then. Those feel threads were active as hell, off topic but it created a greater sense of community in a way. Now everyone hates each other and is hostile to one another. It's weird to think that would be happening on Sup Forums today. You could make threads about some random record and get 30-40 replies when today the same thread would get 10 max. I guess feel threads were replaced by Sup Forums threads.

Sup Forums was like that too

Sup Forums had the best memes on Sup Forums at one point
now it's nothing

The moment underage reddit retards started feeling comfortable enough to start threads about FUCKING YOUTUBERS DRAMA.

>niggers

Yall do know that these are 12 year old white boys pushing all that memerap, right?

it faded and lost its taste the same way music does.

This

fandingo talking about Sup Forums on normietube really sealed the deal

what's wrong with spoonfeeding newfags?

When all the trips left after the mods started deleting everything fun.

I see more and more post about growing out of music as of recently, where are you other oldfags still into it as much as before?
I just want a decent place to discuss, maybe it's just me being a retard that finds plenty of joy talking people that share common interests, dunno

right about when i arrived last week

rip lil peep

>ITT: everything i don't like ruined Sup Forums

They're still niggers, black niggers, white niggers, all niggers to me.

Not racist btw.

You wanna talk about music? lol too bad this thread is now about the Muslim population in Sweden for no clear reason.

What's the best album this past month? This seems like a good launching off point to talk about how rap is a Jooish conspiracy. I have a lot of weird complaints for a guy that never leaves the house. Also you're a sensitive soy boy.

this. i left Sup Forums in 2015 and just came back. At first i couldnt tell if people were being ironic, but this is almost a pop board now. I said borckhampton were bad and got bombarded with (You)s about being a hipster

jesus christ oasis are so fucking shit