Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GtHe4bc4q70
youtube.com/watch?v=ed4AIADTwBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=5pXTSCh2dl0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>implying space cavemen have emotions
lol

More like Devohonest.

What do you mean with "emotionally dishonest"? Sarcasm?

Any political album after

just really insincere. they try to be like "look how geek we are! we are just like you!", but they are not. they are in a band, have had millions of hit singles and have girlfriends. they are not like us, not at all, and i hate that they pretend that they are.

Ever* not after

You sound like an absolutely unlikable cunt.

I don't think Devo ever tried to fit a "geek" stereotype. Also, remember, "geek" was a cool thing until the 00s, maybe late 90s at most.

do does mark!

Girl U Want actually gives me the feels, I know it's pathetic and shallow but it still does.

wasn't*

have you ever actually seen any of their faces because they are the dorkiest mother fuckers ever

i know it wasnt, thats my point! they want to pretend that they are neets and like us, but really theyre just a bunch of pretty boys and jocks!

This was their first actual album and afaik Devo had zero hits before that so I'm 95% sure this is bait.

Devo isn't doing that, they're offering their unsettling vision of postmodernism that they saw firsthand at Kent State (they were around for the shooting) in Students for a Democratic Society. This is an incredibly intelligent and honest album

Are you on the spectrum or something?

the first song is the theme song for a very popular tv show...

$5 says he's just an angst forever alone who blames his own problems on everyone else.

Look at this chad, he was rolling in pussy, what a complete fraud.

Like the MTV show that came out 30 years after the album came out? My point is that Devo weren't big rock stars when this album was released, so you calling the album "emotionally dishonest" because they're "insincere" about being geeks is nonsensical.

yes I am, that's the problem. Devo likes to pretend theyre so geeky and aspie, but theyre not.

>they're offering their unsettling vision of postmodernism
I feel like that's why there's almost been a resurgence in Devo's popularity over the past couple of years. Their sound really resonates with our time.

I think you're projecting modern ideas about "nerd culture" shit onto a band from the 70s/80s

Absolutely, if only they would put out a new album that wasn't shit. Their commentary would be incredibly refreshing IMO

In the meantime apparently Devo-core lo-fi punk is a thing now. I hope that scene grows more.

Haven't heard any, post recs

That's not shallow, user.

youtube.com/watch?v=GtHe4bc4q70
youtube.com/watch?v=ed4AIADTwBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=5pXTSCh2dl0

Devo is the stupidest band I've ever heard. If you like them you've probably never been laid and think the greatest threat to civilization is "normies".

i agree with your first part, but normies are bad and devo are normies. thats what makes them dishonest.

Shame that the success of Whip-It literally killed the band. They hated the new fanbase they got from that song, the first song of their next album was "Through Being Cool" which was a response to the mainstream fans that didn't understand the band.

It's some meme started a while ago by this one guy who really hates GYBE.

its no meme

>manga lord he was a manga lord
>happier than you and me

were devo weebs bros?

Devo first album is one of the most important albums ever you stupid fuck

fuckin kek

Devo's first album is their only true masterpiece.
Don't get me wrong I love Devo.
You could get away with listening to that album and their greatest hits and misses if you really want to and you'd be fine

you fuckers are worse than Sup Forumstards

>"CRACK THAT WHIP!"

This is projection if I've heard one. Also:

Pretty boys? Uh, what?

Hardcore Devo feels pretty essential to me.

I'm pretty sure Whip It was made just to give kids a fetish

Seriously

>14 Year Old High School PC-Fascist Hype Lords Rip Off Devo for the Sake of Extorting $$$ From Helpless Impressionable Midwestern Internet Peoplepunks L.P.
Jesus christ

Why is DEVO becoming popular with hipsters all of a sudden?