Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WymgZtZPFlo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

me

joanna

fugazi

lol

>dude god lmao

Anybody else get a little chuckle everytime they see a picture of Fred?

holy shit where'd that picture come from

What a hack

if you mean consistently mediocre then I cannot

yeah, pretty consistently boring
i feel like they were kinda off the mark after repeater, honestly. the only really good album for me after that was end hits.

Seriously, not a bad album yet.

I disagree man, IOTKT and Red Medicine both came after Repeater and I like those albums more. End Hits is definitely their most slept on record for sure though.

>"I'm new!"

If we're counting dead artists then she takes the cake instantly.

Grimes?

holy shit that's Joanna? Wow she looks so young.

>greentext AND quotation marks

my dude you could have just told me where the picture's from, no need to make a fool of yourself

autechre

me on the left

Is this a joke? Leads me to believe you don't actually know Simone's albums.

She became terribly mentally ill towards the end of her career. She went from releasing 15 studio albums from from 1960-1969 to releasing only 4 studio albums from 1970-1979. With the exception of the Baltimore album her music became one massive flop after the other. This was the beginning of her diagnosis with severe bipolar disorder. She grew to believe the music industry was boycotting her, and that all her fans had turned on her. She fled the country and moved to Barbados, and when she returned to America they tried to capture her due to tax evasion so she fled back to Barbados and then later France where she lived out the last of her days. It's pretty widely accepted that she went insane from 1980 onward.

Her early career was great don't get me wrong, but she doesn't come close to most consistent artist. She had a decade and a half of great stuff and then released mad nonsense for the rest of her life until she died.

Scott Walker.

Unwound

death grips

me too

Los Campesinos

I was talking about her 50s/60s work primarily yes. And Baltimore was one of my favorite albums of hers.

I wouldn’t have known about the critical hatred of her albums if you didn’t tell me, though. Only one I personally hated was To Love Somebody.

Tom Waits

PJ Harvey, Portishead, Steely Dan

The Sufjan Stevens

youtu.be/WymgZtZPFlo

This song just blew your mind and I just won this thread.

Consistently bad yes I'm grimes

eminem, he's been consistently mediocre since he started

they weren't around long enough to get bad.
we can see that morrissey didn't have much left in the tank judging by his solo work being wildly inconsistent, and johnny is and always will be just a studio musician. so they were around for the perfect amount of time, and their music benefitted for it.

jamiroquai

All his songs sound like tada ta da da
The only correct answer

Unironically this

The weeknd

he's consistently hot

god, I'm not gay but I would totally fuck him in the ass no homo

ironically this

>*sees you stealing my style
*>ruins your career*
Ah now I know why Nick Cave hates rhcp