It's me or this is crazy ? 28 years of prison just for words

It's me or this is crazy ? 28 years of prison just for words.
It's just incredible. Worse than North Korea this country

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_dependencies_by_number_of_police_officers
thesun.co.uk/news/2970772/white-couple-jailed-for-total-of-28-years-for-storming-black-childs-eighth-birthday-party-while-screaming-the-n-word-and-waving-confederate-flags/
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/30/chris-brown-in-police-standoff-after-he-pointed-gun-at-woman/
uscourts.gov/educational-resources/educational-activities/facts-and-case-summary-snyder-v-phelps
ouiinfrance.com/2015/07/20/why-are-the-french-afraid-of-air-conditioning/
telegraph.co.uk/comment/personal-view/3595114/Why-the-French-prefer-sweat-to-Yankee-air-conditioning.html
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climatisation#Directives_europ.C3.A9ennes
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>armed threats
That's not just words...

It's illegal to threaten to kill or harm someone.

And 28 years is justifiable ?

You can call anyone a nigger, spic, faggot, etc here thanks to freedom of speech. What crosses the line and will get you jail time is threatening violence/killing.
Depends on the judge I would guess and the history the ones being sent to jail have. You get an asshole judge, you can get thoroughly fucked.

It depends on what they said.

If they just threatened to say beat them up, which I doubt is what was said. Then hell no.

But if they threatened to kill them or their families then yes.

>"Torres, who had retrieved a shotgun from his vehicle, pointed his shotgun at the group of African American party-goers and stated he was going to kill them while his co-defendants stated that 'the little ones can get one too,' referring to the young children at the party," the statement said.
>Norton was accused of making similar threats. >The victims said some member of Torres' group was armed with a knife and a tire tool.

If someone aims a gun at your family and threatens to kill them because of their race while their friends start pulling out their knives and tire irons after shouting racial slurs at them while driving past their house, then yeah. A significant prison sentence is justified. The entire purpose is to deter others from doing shit like this, and it'll probably be pretty damn effective.

Have you ever had someone put a gun to your child's head and tell you that they're going to kill them? Trust me, if you had, you'd have a very different disposition about the issue.

They went into a child's birthday party, full of other children, and armed with guns started shouting that they were going to kill everyone.

If these were black people at a white child's birthday party you would have been calling for their execution

I'm surprised they only got 28 years if that's the story

They would probably have already been shot by the police if that was the case. They have killed people over a cigarette and a toy.

>Be American
>Don't shoot someone
>Get prison

You got it, but this French Sup Forumstard will never get it. I recommend him to post this thread in Sup Forums, there everyone will agree with him.

Most cops don't want to kill anyone, they are human after all. If they got a cop that was pissed, or was racist however that would be the case. But 90% of the cops in America will do anything to prevent having to shoot someone

Bingo.

I don't know you, bro. And I'm not a poltard. I'm just straight and right guy. 28 years for this is fucking too much.
Their life is now fucked forever.

So far every time a black guy has gotten shot it is due to retarded cops who don't know how to deal with the situation it seems more than racism.

kys go back to Sup Forums

I "never" went to pink board, sorry. Only blue board

>Their life is now fucked forever.
Yea pulling a gun on a party with kids and threatening to kill them all will get you that. Common fucking sense.

Yes desu because they pulled a gun on a group of kids

I'm all for muh freedoms but clearly they were nutjobs

>Do something retarded
>Life is fucked forever
Why are you surprised or upset at violent thugs being treated as such?

Don't know what to tell you. I don't exactly feel sorry for them either.

well, as there's approximatly 900 000 police officers in the US, that still makes around 90 000 trigger happy ones

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_dependencies_by_number_of_police_officers

In France murder is 20 yo generally. Ther is no murder here, no injuries.
Just some kids who will be shaken for few days, maybe weeks and that's it.

Nowhere in that article does it say 28 years. The guy got 20 years because he had threatened so many people with a gun. If he had used a melee weapon or threatened less people, he would have gotten less time. Further, he led the whole incident and screwed himself further because it was racially motivated. This shit is literally domestic terrorism, and the US is trying very hard to discourage terrorism right now. He also lied about why he had the shotgun initially, so he screwed himself. He lied and claimed the partygoers had thrown stuff at them initially and that he had pulled the gun in self defense, which was a lie. Those who plead guilty initially received significantly shorter sentences, which you would have known if you had read the article.

Here
thesun.co.uk/news/2970772/white-couple-jailed-for-total-of-28-years-for-storming-black-childs-eighth-birthday-party-while-screaming-the-n-word-and-waving-confederate-flags/

Yeah, no. He brandished weapons AND threatened them. I don't know if that's a felony, but that's guaranteed jail time.
Pointing a gun at someone is more than ``just words'', dear frog.

Exactly.
And it's not just blacks, I remember a case in 2015 where some white kid got shot because he was holding a fucking WII remote

Where do you get the 90,000 number from?

America and France have different laws. Who knew?

10% of 900,000 is...

>an armed threat to kill should cost you half your life

Seems excessive. I just looked up the penalty for criminal threats in my state, and it's up to four years for a felony conviction.

Is this a case of "muh keeyids", or am I missing something?

see

Typical frogs, having pity for law breakers, that is why we used them against the british.

Care to explain why Chris Brown did not have the same treatment ?

telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/30/chris-brown-in-police-standoff-after-he-pointed-gun-at-woman/

$$$

I was just using 90% as a figure of speech, idiots.

If police have a reason to suspect that someone is guilty of doing something illegal, or see something illegal taking place they do not need a search warrant. He frankly got off lucky. They had full authority to break down his door and arrest him roughly in that situation.

And in that case it looks like he was actually innocent. The lawyer stated the police had not found any evidence that supported the woman's claim that he had done that.

>Jose Ismael Torres, 26, was slapped with a 13-year sentence, while his partner Kayla Rae Norton, 25, will spend six years behind bars for the hate crime.

I'm not sure how that's 28 years, but whatever.

He didn't pretend it was self-defense in court and only threatened one person in what if I remember correctly was not a racially-motivated act.

This, most people don't realize it but we actually have hate-speech laws. They're just rarely used, except in murder investigations or aggravated assault.

Technically me saying "I'm going to kill a nigger" is completely against U.S. law

> The constitutional guarantees of free speech and free press do not permit a state to forbid or proscribe advocacy of the use of force, or of law violation except where such advocacy is directed to inciting imminent lawless action and is likely to incite or produce such action.

>imminent lawless action

That's from Brandenburg v. Ohio, and seems to protect your example in a vacuum. If you say that while wielding a gun in the same room as a black person, it wouldn't be protected.

Hey, at least they can threaten people with a gun. In France, you would have to get fucked in the ass twenty times before they even let you touch a gun.

I've lived in France. I think it is kind of ironic that anyone from France thinks they are freer than anyone else in the USA. In France, the government intervenes in everything (EVERYTHING). Can't even install an AC unit in your own home. The government FORCES you to recycle. Really, all you french cucks have to walk the municipal recycling center and put your plastic bottles one by one in the fucking bin (every time you do that, just remember whose bitch you are. You are the french government's bitch. They get to fuck your wife before you do).

French people can't even keep the money they earn. Taxes are so high. And you get nothing for your taxes. Nothing. Not even good public transport (unless you live in Paris or Lyon, the only two cities France has).

It's fairly complicated law.
But it also forbids something that promotes violence against the targeted individual. I'm not that good at law, but I assume that would mean if I said something like, "Melania Trump deserves to be shot, because she's a filthy Slav." That's illegal?

uscourts.gov/educational-resources/educational-activities/facts-and-case-summary-snyder-v-phelps

No you did not live in France

It's honestly shocking, OP. Can't imagine what it must like to live in a country without true free speech.

>Have you ever had someone put a gun to your child's head and tell you that they're going to kill them? Trust me, if you had, you'd have a very different disposition about the issue.
This is a regular thing in America?

Please, nigga. You're embarrassing yourself.

You've never been in the USA because if you had, you would hate France.

None of what I said is a lie. It's hard to get guns. I have never seen an apartment with Air Conditioning.You are forced to recycle, like bitches.

Just read this and get an image:

ouiinfrance.com/2015/07/20/why-are-the-french-afraid-of-air-conditioning/

I remember going to restaurants in Rhone-Alpes and Bretagne; the restaurants were full of flies.... No Air Conditioning.... There were also stables around the restaurant..... which means that we probably ate horse shit at one point.....

1 Air condioning in continental Europe is low, not only France. And AC is shit for the environment.

2 Yes, recycle is mandatory but also in Germany and other european countries I guess. It's better to recycle anyway. Earth is not a trash can.

>Their life is now fucked forever.
Human garbage like that are better off taken to the end of a cliff and given a bullet before being kicked off.

Ok, so shut up? You are a slave.

Minority Report

It's called education.
Glasses with glasses
Plastics and cardboard with Plastics and cardboard
Rest with Rest

Better for the economy, better for the planet, cleaner

Ok, here's an idea:

You're the most heavily taxed people on earth. Why doesn't the government pay someone to sort all that shit out?

Man, you are a slave to the french political class and the pseudo-intellectual Gauche Caviar.

Do you think Macron or Hollande do their own recycling? Do you think Hollande or Macron don't have Air Conditioning?

You are their slave. You pay taxes, they live like kings. You go work every day, the fuck your wife in the ass.

Sup Forums completely BTFO ITT

nice try baiting. you said words but you clearly read armed threats. so your rhetoric question is discarded.

you need to watch more youtube videos
that will convince you every single cop is a murderer

1 french gov pays people to do this but you don't even think that workers will open the trash bags and do the sorting ? It would be a monstrous waste of time and in addition The parts to be recycled would be dirty.

I don't know anyone who have AC in France and I know rich people. It's just cultural.

France is temperate climate, don't worry.

Here's another article for you:

telegraph.co.uk/comment/personal-view/3595114/Why-the-French-prefer-sweat-to-Yankee-air-conditioning.html

French people live like poor people live in America. You really don't know how much better life is in the USA.

the frog probably confused their age with the sentence. so he got about 28.

>AC is shit for the environment.
>muh environment
here we go again
why are you so brainwashed??

1 AC is not a thing in France
2 15 Aug 2003, it's 2017
2 all stores have AC, just not popular and useless for personal use in France

What a load of bullshit. Wrong on all accounts.

>worried about some trash's lives
>all the way from france
wtf am i reading

>I'm not a poltard
But you should become one.
they will love you there

If you read the article you would undestand that it was more than just "threats", but 28 years is still a tad too much 2bh

Seriously you deny that AC is bad for the environment and that's me who are brainwashed ?

France is a capitalist country like any western country, don't worry that if AC was good, brands would push to buy

Listen, bro. France is not temperate.

I lived in Rhone-Alpes (Gex, to be precise). Rhone-Alpes is not the hottest place in France and yet...... It gets pretty hot during the summer. It's also full of flies, if you open the fucking window to catch some "fresh air", you'll spend weeks trying to get rid of the damn flies.

And the Air Conditioning is just a small example of what life is like in France. It really gets much worse.

And I don't give a fuck who does the recycling. For me, it's about principle: I'm not a slave, I don't have to do the government's work for them. They force me to pay taxes, they should give something in return.

>90%
you are on Sup Forums
never give them exact numbers not even 99%
they are too dumb so they will understand that literally and try to spin it against your argument

of course i deny that because it is false
it was the case maybe 20 years ago but not anymore
educate yourself
you don't have ACs because you are afraid to get cold or something lmao

they were riding around with shotguns and threatened to shoot up a kid's birthday party while trying to "incite race war"

yeah they deserve it since it did fall under terrorism laws.

28 years for this is retarded. The faggot manlets in this thread who are supporting the verdict are even more retarded. Theyre the reason why America is dying.

Bro I like you but France is temperate. Summer, today in France, check the degrees. And wiki.

It's funny because I do recycling because principle. Recycle brings a lot of benefits and it's quick to do this.

Buy a fan next time in France

>Gex
Literally cuck central, no?

>It gets pretty hot during the summer
Yeah, it's hot 15 or 20 days every year, so no one bothers buying AC. But everybody uses electric heating in France because we're freezing like 60 or 70% of the year.

>a country that has life prison sentences for having weed
>a country that has mandatory sentencing laws, IE robbery automatically carries 2+ years and can carry 20+ years
>a country that has had decades long sentencing for stealing before

nah not at all. america has a very inconsistent and harsh justice system imo.

>21° today in Paris

'no'

It was around 30° yesterday and it will be 30° today

Source: my sweaty body

Listen, fuck the semantics.

Do temperatures in France exceed 30 degrees Celsius for extended periods of time? Yes, in many places. In fact, there are even periods when there are shit tons of old people who die as a result of the heat.

But it doesn't fucking matter anyway. Even 25 degrees celsius can be unbearable under certain circumstances.

By the way, using one data point to prove a point is absolutely retarded.

I understand your view. Still France is temperate.

HAHAH WHITE BOIS BTFO
SAY IT WITH ME AFRICAN CENTURY

What the fuck were they thinking? People that stupid shouldn't exist.

I don't know what it's like in France, but you can just go around threatening people with weapons and get away with it.

Community service + Fine + Obligation to go to the police station every week during the sanction

I already told you. I don't care about the semantics. Even though the map clearly shows how many parts of France actually aren't temperate.

Either way, the point is this. It gets hot in France and the government makes it hard for you to get and use Air Conditioning.

Here's the info:

fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climatisation#Directives_europ.C3.A9ennes

Ok, fine, the majority of France is technically temperate. The temperatures are not extreme, as in they don't reach 40 or -40. Agreed. Now, this is just semantics. The academic definition of extreme temperature is irrelevant. Just because someone says that 30 degrees is not extreme, it doesn't mean it is a comfortable temperature to endure.

Personally, I find 25 degrees hot. 10 degrees is cold. As far as I am concerned, temperate is any climate with an average temperature between 15-25.

I guess you got your priorities wrong.

What's crazy to me is the act of threatening a child's birthday party due to your racial insecurities.