Am I the only one who thinks this is lowkey a masterpiece?

Am I the only one who thinks this is lowkey a masterpiece?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G8yEe55gq2c
youtube.com/watch?v=XKHCNlIAnnE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yeah

contendor for worst, most cringe-inducing album art i've ever seen. looks like something i would've doodled in my middleschool notebook because i felt alienated from the cute girls in the class.

fucking juvenile

>watercolor

idk if op thinks the album art is the masterpiece

No, this is an unsung masterpiece. Never seen a single thread on Sup Forums about it.

This sounds like if sbtrkt sucked

Really, though, you guys should check this out. It's a concept album with some of the cleanest, greatest arrangements and production that I've heard in the past twenty years.

sounds good so far

will keep you updated

oh no, vocals pls no

post your drawings faggot

i know that isn't a defense of the album art but you're still a faggot

not enough notes

but then the beatles bore me and sound like plain graham crackers to me

vocals don't have enough inflection and sing the same note far too much

I think I would like it more if they weren't there

Listen to his first 3 EPs to know why this is his worst work to date. It has some good songs, though.

Just listened to it and it's not good. The vocals are okay, but too repetetive, background melody is dull shit.
I like the album cover though

The debut album was better

Yes you are the only one. You should listen to his new songs. They are way better

>lowkey
honestly just kill yourself

Agreed.
The voice, the sparse arrangements, the lyrics, the THICK, bass-heavy mix with minimalistic production...Truly a low-key masterpiece. It's weird that he lives in Toronto. How can such beautiful, delicate music from from someone who lives in a shithole?

This is a good album but has way too many tracks. Should've kept it short like his last album.
EPs > Debut > Overgrown > The Color

i need a forest fire is a master piece of a song, but also the only song i truly like on this album

classic banger

thanks user, beatiful album

youtube.com/watch?v=G8yEe55gq2c
this always reminds me of early to the party

best thing James Blake has ever done coming through
youtube.com/watch?v=XKHCNlIAnnE

incorrect song

correct ep

>not watercolour

it's quentin blake you fucking dullard

Yes bought the cd, listened to Points on the plane and I was obsessed plus it was the first James Blake song I had ever listened to.

Later on the flight I found it comfy as fuck and I Need A Forest Fire messed me up emotionally. From that flight experience I have a connection to the album.

>disrespecting quentin blake like that

I agree with everything about this post. Overgrown was good too, but the 1st album was magical

Easily a top 3 album of the year

LOL ok bro post your fucking watercolor you piece of shit

this isn't postpone

there was literally one feature on overgrown and it was rza who isn't even known for his verses as much as he is for producing rap

>it's quentin blake
damn i actually didn't know this. i still stand by what i said, although i definitely recognize quentin's talent. it's probably as bad as it is because james described what he wanted when he commissioned it. most of the stuff quentin does is in good taste.

also it could just be that quentin's roughly-hewn doodley style only works for light-hearted children's illustrations rather than what james was trying to make sombre and introspective

the whole EP is kino but Footnotes happens to be my favorite

should've cut about 60% of the tracks. toned down the woe-is-me lyricism a bit. he worked better when he was more ambiguous. would've been well reviewed, because what's good on there is very good, and the whole thing is incredibly produced.