Masterpiece. Absolutely the best hip-hop album of the decade

Masterpiece. Absolutely the best hip-hop album of the decade.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WymgZtZPFlo
youtube.com/watch?v=j-1zG-r7f6Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

*blocks your path*

Asap has always been a trend hopping dull idiot. Listen to SpaceGhostPurp instead

I genuinely believe LUM is one of the most talented and prescient artists working. Mainstream hip-hop will one day sound like Mista Thug Isolation. The man is playing chess while everyone else plays checkers

Do any of his other albums even compare to this?

Oblivion Access tries way too hard, I heard a few cuts from Third Side which were pretty good though.

This worth checking out?

The album would've been better if he had liberally used the word nigga. Don't get me wrong I love the album and have most of it memorized but him not using nigga really hurts it when it comes to authenticity. Memphis rap hits harder when you hear nigga every other word.

It's like 11 minutes, so yes.
Also it's an amazing track, so there's that.

a challenger approaches

t. started listening to rap in the past 5 yars

hardly a hip-hop album

I think Oblivion Access is better for exactly the reason you think is worse

You forgot to post your kanye west album of choice

Third side of tape is a really fun listen, it reminds me of a compilation I made of all the music I made over the course of 3 years in school during lunch breaks: you really get into his mindset as a composer/artist because its 3-4 hours of random shit which hits or misses wonderfully

you literally posted the wrong half of the powers that b.
Jenny Death is an overcompressed, overblown, noisy clusterfuck.

it already sort of does honestly
suicideboys lil peep etc etc the list goes on forever
even xxxtentacion was on the xxl cover this year and this style of music is huge on the internet
not saying its the dominant genre in hip hop but it has a pretty strong foothold in music right now and I dont see it going anywhere soon

>releases an album of old miscellaneous tracks, mostly instrumentals
>still the true best hip-hop album of the decade

>Oblivion Access tries way too hard
Yikes.

you are all underaged
it's a fucking great album but lol at being better than anything Kendrick has put out

lol at Lil Pee and XXXFantasia sounding like 90s memphis rap

you missed my point famalam
sure its not memphis hip hop but its also not young thug or kendrick

>famalam
oofffffffffff

please tell me how they sound similar to MTI, an album strictly paying homage to old school Memphis rap

On a scale of 1 to Detroit

What percentage of the people in this thread are niggers and how many are wiggers?

I'm inclined to believe it's mostly the latter

thats not what im saying
Im saying LUM definitely has an influence over these "darker" styles of hip hop like original user said

I hate this board

he didnt imply any of that dark shit on his post
just admit youre a white suburban kid that just started listening to rap on Soundcloud, i bet you havent even listened to Underground Vol 1

Not that user but if you can't see the obvious memphis influences in the modern soundcloud-rap landscape you don't have ears. However I will say its getting to the point where there are rappers inspired by rappers inspired by memphis, which is where garbage like peep and xxx come in.

way to completely disregard raider klan which was the true catalyst

MY APARTMENT GOT MORE BURNERS THAN THERE FURNISHINS

third side of tape is worth the listen, it can be brutal but it's ended up being one of my favourite mixes.

yes, makes you feel like your in someone's torture dungeon

Lil Ugly Mane is way better than Kendrick Lamar.

LUM has best flow and the production isn't even comparable near Kendrick.
Kendrick has better lyrics tho.

>muh TPAB
Most overrated album of this decade. That algum isn't even 3 years old and already sounds dated. MTI is a homage to memphis rap and still sounds new.

oblivion access is bad. you're all underage plebs

Just imagine lacking so many functional brain cells.

SEND EM TO THA ESSENCE GAWD
SEND EM TO THA ESSENCE

Just imagine being so caught up in the cultural zeitgeist you get upset when someone dares to say that Kendrick is overrated. It's the same shit every fucking time
>But it's so DEEP bro, he's really SAYING SOMETHING about race and America. You just don't get it.

Stylistically I love LUM and I enjoy listening to his music much more then Kendricks, however there is literally 0 argument that he is a better rapper then Kendrick. It's not even close. He may have better production, and a sound I prefer, but as a RAPPER Kendrick is lightyears ahead

this is the whitest thread ever

Kendrick is a better rapper but LUM is by far the better artist and debatably lyricist. mista thug not so much but Kendrick Lamar will never ever make a song as good as the three rap tracks on the bedwetter release

No, I can't say I agree with that at all. MTI is just Ugly Mane dicking around and having fun and there's serious bars on that album. As for lyricism, Oblivion Access and Uneven Compromise are both great. If we were having this conversation before DAMN I might agree with you but DAMN is shit that only retards that browse r/hiphopheads obsess over and I can now recognize that Kendrick is a one trick pony that can only repackage the same shit over and over again and his fans will keep eating it up.
>Section 80
Damn, he's REALLY saying something about black America! So woke!
>GKMC
>TPAB
>DAMN
DAMN, he's Really saying something about black America! So woke!

And no, I don't consider LUM repetitive (at the moment anyway) because while he may have many songs about depression at least he can make them funny or interesting If you seriously think Kendrick is the best rapper ATM then you've drunk one too many sips of the "conscience hip-hop" koolaid

I think you guys are missing my point. I'm not really talking about the entirety of him as an artist, rather just his rapping. And if you're trying to argue that he has better structure/wordplay/lyricism/cadence/flow then Kendrick then you are either blinded by bias or know very little about the art of rapping.

Nobody cares about what you have to say because you're so far up Kendrick's ass you can't see straight. Half of TPAB was just shitty spoken word with no real flow, he sounds more disinterested than fucking Jay-Z. and DAMN had some of the most cringe inducing lyrics I've ever heard but it's all masked in Kendrick's half baked vagueness so he can always go "you just don't get it bro lol". Retards like you are the exact reason Kendrick can reissue his album but backwards, because Kendrick stans will literally eat anything he shits out. You guys are like the male equivalent of Beyonce fangirls going YAAAAAS QUEEN SLAAAY. yes, I'm butthurt, fuck off retard.

yea no I totally agree with you, I prefer lum but actually rapping wise Kendrick is better. however I like lum's lyricism a lot more, as for me a good lyricist is someone who can say a lot with a little (for example, yeezus is one of my favorite albums because it does a lot with this concept), and lum achieves this regularly

>Mainstream hip-hop will one day sound like Mista Thug Isolation.

But MTI was already a glorification of and tribute to early 2000s trill and 90s devil shit. How young are you?

Lol I'm barely a Kendrick fan, and I like LUM way more. I'm not "up in Kendricks ass" at all. From a purely objective standpoint Kendrick is by FAR a better rapper. Its weird that you can't concieve this opinion without immeidately jumping to the conclusion that I'm some sort of dick rider lol. And the shit about Beyonce, what are you talking about lol, you're so far off in your own world you built this enitre image of me, simply because I said Kendricks a better rapper, which he is.

LUM did slaughter the human rap game, but at the same time his project was unique. it doesn't really make sense to compare it with mainstream, tryhard, or black rap. this "debate" about kendrick and LUM is like comparing apples and oranges

youtu.be/WymgZtZPFlo

> Best rap in the game

Absolutely agree with you, and I think your description of saying alot with a little is a fantastic view. LUMs rhymescheme, structure, and flow are all very very simple but they are executed perfectly, making it very smooth and easy to digest.

MTI was a throwback you retard.

Thats why I am not comparing them as artists, rather just as rappers. Which is something easily comparable

ugly mane is a poet

what the fuck is this?

I seriously don't understand how someone could claim a rap album is the best of the decade when flockaveli exists

Not even the best LUM album.

respeck the sauce yall SGP dropped the GOAT southern album of the past decade

try the weeping worm

not as good as blackland radio or bmw or intoxxxicated or blacland radio 2

MTI is early 2000s/90s Memphis shit. You act like it's a new sound, go do your research kid.

Patrician detected.

>rhymes mouth with mouth

Anyone have the LUM flowchart?

nah, MTI and the three sided tapes/third side of tape are the best shit he's done

then it's a matter of picking and choosing from random cuts like underwater tank, uneven compromise, hideous disfigurements etc.

I agree that oblivion access was a let down, aside from maybe leonard's lake

why early 2000s

cant believe no one even talkin bout this....

any of you guys ever read clowns and browns that he released with Oblivion access?

are you sure???

also nasa tape

hahahahaha yes

learn what a decade is you idiot

bump

duh it's a death grips album retard. that's what people like about death grips

wtf is this???
youtube.com/watch?v=j-1zG-r7f6Y

bump