Why is music so fucking shit nowadays? I don't say it in a "music in the 80s was better *tips*" way...

why is music so fucking shit nowadays? I don't say it in a "music in the 80s was better *tips*" way, I don't care about that era, its just seems that music 5 or 10 years ago was better and no it's not nostalgia, I was old already in 2007

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9ysyZF-DZFY
youtube.com/watch?v=h55aRrL_4js
youtube.com/watch?v=0T21RsyFHkA
youtube.com/watch?v=NMVH_3EuFhw
youtube.com/watch?v=X4Q7d0CtYyk
youtube.com/watch?v=xJFT_hWei6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=lF2OjQbzdHI
youtube.com/watch?v=kC6tntgSRG4
youtube.com/watch?v=qOYdvqnFsR4
youtube.com/watch?v=RvD_84SaB4E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>muh wrong generation

Kys poptimist cuck

>tfw you're too lazy to go and search for good music

I blame it on Pitchfork shilling top 40 music and nu-males swallowing it.

This is how you turn into your dad, you keep listening to music from a certain time in your life and stop relating to new stuff and before you know it you’re yelling at kids to get off your lawn

>tfw you check out above 50 "best of the year" lists to spend those tokens in redacted
>tfw when there isn't a single album that goes beyond passable
>tfw some faggot tells you you're lazy

I'm watching this every birthday youtube.com/watch?v=9ysyZF-DZFY

>looking at top 50 lists

You are you lazy cunt. Your first mistake is looking at some "best of the year" list. The people that make those are only being payed by the artists. It's all one big commercial. Here are 5 good albums that came out this year to prove you wrong

oh yes, I should click on random bandcamps for about 6 hours just to find 2 good albums

Pretty sure all of these made at least 1 top 50 of the year list

>Here are 5 good albums that came out this year to prove you wrong
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Mainstream is filled with flavor of the year, as usual, right now it's Trap, and it's taking the mainstream over by storm much harder than EDM did last year. It's still mainly forgettable, just like it probably was 10 years or whenever ago you thought music was "good"
Meanwhile the most popular critics (P4K and Fanta mainly) are pushing a lot of R&B and Rap with some sprinkles of alternative indie; Pitchfork are doing it because they are slowly losing where the music begins and where politics end, and Fantano is clearly just enjoys this type of music much more. So if your taste doesn't align with the critic trends rn, sucks for you too I guess.
There are still a lot music being released though, a lot of bands that were active in mid-00's are still sticking today, some older ones even making reunions and releasing new material and finding new fans, consider checking out some of your older favorites, maybe they released something worthwhile.
If all of your bands suck now, maybe go for Spotify, a LOT of my friends recently discover stuff solely through Spotify and similar streaming services, although that would probably help only if you are a strict adherent of a single genre.

> "music fan" who doesn't enjoy digging to find good music

consider cyanide

once you get old you'll understand

>le wrong generation
>le spoonfeed me anons

>refuses to post good music because they know people with any amount of taste will hate it
>zero arguments

What arguments? Searching for new music isn't AI programming. You've discovered this website, you are perfectly capable of finding new music on other websites.

yet you STILL refuse to post """good""" music

funny.

Hip-Hop is the new thing grandpa. Go back to listening to The Antlers or some shit.

Who's you? The post above yours was my first in this thread. You are clearly not interesting in having a discussion, even if someone posts music they find interesting. That's because you've already convinced yourself that they're somehow wrong if they personally enjoy something you don't.

Hip hop is fucking annoying as hell lol and I'm sick of it

>thinks I'm having an argument instead of making fun of him

Thanks for confirming that you're just shitposting.

To be honest I thought 2017 was the best year for music in a good amount of years.
But to be fair I've made more of an effort to listen to as much as humanly possible.
There's been some insane metal and hardcore releases.

All you had to do is ask. I'm shitposting at a retarded Sup Forums tier shitposter trying to weakly bait people, what did you expect? Act like a retard, get treated like a retard.

>muh Sup Forums
>there's no politics on the thread
???

Same retarded ""arguments"" and DEBATE ME BRO shitposting.

>lol

Just get the fuck out, nigger.

I used to invest time in putting the work to find music I care about through the whole year and things were so great, but now when I spend 5 minutes getting spoonfed at the end of the year, it's just not the same. What happened to music?

>i'm too lazy to look for good music so i'll wait until time will do the job for me

Agree with this, but popular music has arguably been on the decline since the golden age of the 50s and 60s,

Songs like "wild thoughts" by dj khaled pretty much sum up what i expect to hear on the radio

Eeeexactly. You get the fuck put this board if you can't even put the slightest amount of work into getting your music, go back to fucking rebbid where you can circlejerk about Van Halen or some shit.

2000s music sucked way more than 2010s. At least we have death grips and Kendrick, now. I think your problem is the only interesting artists from the 2000s all suck, now. Eminem, Radiohead, Arcade Fire, and Animal Collective suck balls in comparison to what they were doing 10 years ago.

all the decades and expecially the 80s had their fair share of trash music

I don't know what kind of music you're into, but I have a few good and relatively unknown artists. Let me know if you enjoy any of them.

The Jungle Giants:
youtube.com/watch?v=h55aRrL_4js
youtube.com/watch?v=0T21RsyFHkA
youtube.com/watch?v=NMVH_3EuFhw

FKJ:
youtube.com/watch?v=X4Q7d0CtYyk
youtube.com/watch?v=xJFT_hWei6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=lF2OjQbzdHI

Jakey:
youtube.com/watch?v=kC6tntgSRG4
youtube.com/watch?v=qOYdvqnFsR4
youtube.com/watch?v=RvD_84SaB4E