forum.wordreference.com/threads/urdu-hamza.1212997/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump for the interest

second for free kashmir and khalistan

सुप्रभात मित्रों |

'shaallah

When will you leave Bhutan?

The day you will leave Tibet.

Bhutan is so cucked that they use INR from time to time. Where is there self respect? At least unlike us they poo in loo. Even if they become a state of India their population would be the second smallest one in terms of population.

You are cucked.

Can someone redpill me on Bhutan? Until now I used to think they were never a part of the British Empire, but just now I read that in 1910 they became a protectorate of British India. Then when was the modern sovereign state of Bhutan established? Also given the amount of military and economic dependence they have had all these years on the Indian government, why haven't they got annexed like Sikkim?

Wtf. I thought that Bhutiya are peaceful people.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=6tSrz7gb9kU

>Implying
Indian open defecation rate (2015): 29.8 %
Bhutan open defecation rate(2015): 2.4%

You are cucked because you are taking side of chinese instead of Bhutan who are our best friend.

why are you guys always speaking about defecation? Is it some sort of national moto ?

Why do we refer to both Sikkimese Denzongpa people and actual Bhutanese people as Bhutias? They're not really the same things. Clearly the word Bhutia is derived from Bhutan and both are exonyms used by Nepalis and Bengalis...

He is a self-hating idiot who will kill himself soon.

Bhutanese are just weird. Literally the same as Northern Nepal and yet they dislike Nepalis for whatever reason. Only difference between them and us Nepalis is literally the language and some other minor shit.

Bhutan doesnt want us to leave so we wont.

Afghanistan is my favorite.

Or is it Nepal? Not sure.

>some other minor shit.
I wouldn't consider religion, nationality and culture "minor shit"

Why is this thread so slow? Today's Sunday. Where the hell is everyone? They have the time to post on bait threads made by foreigners but not /sag/. REEEEEE!

Bhutan is on mutually friendly terms with India.
You have been brainwash by Chinese media

The Jarawas and the Onges are cool, aren't they? Consider how small their populations are, they seem to be vibrant, still speaking their languages and all?

China please annex bhutan

Yeah. But sadly they will get bread out soon. Only Santinalese will stay protected for a long time.

Yeah, their populations are about of very small villages.

That's because the government makes sure they avoid contact with outsiders as much as possible. I think 1 or 2 percent of them can speak Hindi nowadays. But still virtually all of them are illiterate and continue trying to live their traditional lifestyles as much as possible. This is all because the government enforces this disconnect. Or else their identity and culture will die like in the case of the Great Andamanese/Aka Bea. Most remaining Great Andamanese do not speak their ancestral language and work in poultry farms and stuff and have a good amount of Indian heritage in their blood.

I visited Andaman & Nicobar islands back in 2003. Saw a few Jarawas too. I don't know how long their way of life will last t.bh. They live in their villages and have their own way of life, but it's not like they are totally isolated.

Who is this old man in that picture ?

Is it true that the Rục people in your country were unknown to outsiders until the civil war?

How does one stop Hindi alphabets from making the 'a' sound inside a word. Like if I am to right Rajkumar there is not a single vowel between Raj and Kumar so do I write them as separate words or is there some symbol to suppress the 'a' at the end of Ja?

You add the symbol ् to a consonant to supress it's 'a' sound like ज् , but if the consonant comes at the end of the word, it is assumed that it's 'a' sound is supressed and therefore there is no need to add another symnbol in that case.

Raj Kumar would be written as राज कुमार

Yes, in fact, they're a Vietic people too, so they and we share a common ancestors. Now they're classified as Kinhs (your averege Vietnamese) and Chuts, although we're thinking of making them a official recognized minority.

Okay thanks a lot

Why are there no vovels (except a) in Nastaliq.

>Why are there no vovels (except a) in Nastaliq.
What? There are no assumed vowels in the Perso-Arabic script unlike devanagari.

Well I have just started to learn this script. There was no vowel in pic. I need to learn how to get vowels correctly.

forgot the pic.

The short vowels are depicted with optional diacritics: zabar (a), zer (i) and pesh (u). By default, a consonant letter doesn't carry any vowel, you need to add a respective diacritic to make a syllable
E.g., ب is b, بَ is ba (b + zabar), بِ is be (b + zer), بُ is bu (b + pesh). In practice, though, these diacritics are almost never written and you should memorize the pronunciation. The long vowels are written using certain consonant letters, but you had better study it with your book.

Thank you.

We use the vowels in pic related but we call them Zabr, pesh and Zer (top to bottom). They were introduced to Arabic by Hajjaj Bin Yusuf (The Butcher of Mecca) in the early 8th Century.

We don't use these much as most native speakers know which word uses which vowel to make sense however you will almost always find them in Arabic as a word like Qul can be read as Qil meaning say and eat, respectively.

I'm glad the thread is going the way it is meant to in a friendly and civilized manner.

Do anyone knows anything of the Dravidian languages that aren't in the "big Four"? Also Malayalam is 80% Sanskrit loanwords, that's impressive. Vietnamese has 60% Chinese words and it's already overload.

Poor Ivan he has to explain the same thing every thread.
That was the whole point of the thread.
>ತುಳು+براہوئی edition
Tulu+Brahui that is.
I had two classmates who spoke Tulu at home, but there is no school in Karnataka that teaches the language. All newspapers in Tulu are written in the Kannada script. There used to be a Tulu script before but it's pretty no longer in use.

I don't get it, how did they avoid contact for so long although they are do closely related linguistically to the Vietnamese. Apparently they were still hunter gatherers when the North Vietnamese army made contact with them. Is the Vietic branch that old that it existed in pre-agricultural times? Also it seems strange that a group of isolated people can exist in the mainland rather than on an island.

Basically it went like this: the Proto Vietic people lived along the nowaday Laos-Vietnam border, they were hunter-gatherners, then they moved up north to the Red River delta, here they adopted agriculture from the Tai-Kadai peoples and became the Proto-Viet-Muongs. This could tell you why Kinhs and Muongs are rice farmers, but the other Vietic peoples are not. And Vietic languages, while grammatically all the same, has very different vocabulary from each other. The Tho-Chut languages are probably the most conservative, while Muong is influenced by Tai languages and Vietnamese by both Tai and Chinese.

There are a lot of Dravidian languages spread all over the subcontinent. Aside the big four (Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam), the important ones with over a million speakers are Brahui (Balochistan), Tulu (coastal parts of southern Karnataka and northern Kerala), Beary Bashe (Muslims along Karnataka-Kerala border), Gondi and Kurukh (villages across north and central India). There is a dialect of Kurukh spoken in Nepal called Dhangar.
Muria (Chhattisgarh), a part of the Gondi dialect continuum if treated as a separate language has about a million speakers as well.

How do you pronounce the hamza in Urdu? Is it just the glottal stop like in Arabic?

Note that NONE of these languages have official status although they have over a million speakers. Besides Brahui and Tulu I don't think any of these have properly established written forms. Brahui is written in Arabic like all the other Pakistani languages. There have been recent publications using the Latin script to write Brahui. Tulu used to be written in a script called Tigalari but nowadays all publications use the Kannada script. Very little written material exists in Gondi and Kurukh since these are adivasi (tribal) languages, similar to the case of Munda and Santali. Although millions of speakers exist there is no or little culture of writing these languages. When possible Gondi is either written in Telugu (in Andhra Pradesh) or in Devanagari (in Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, etc). Kurukh is written in Devanagari wherever possible, and apparently there are a few government schools in Jharkhand that teach the language as a subject.
Gondi and Kurukh are seen as poor people's languages while this is not so for Tulu. Hence a large amount of media exists in the language although it is never taught in schools. The Tulu film industry is known as "Coastalwood".
In my state Karnataka, the three main sub-regional Dravidian languages are Tulu and Beary (Dakshin Kannada and Udupi districts), and Kodava or Coorgi spoken in the Kodagu district (also known as Coorg).
Only one-third of the entire population of Kodagu actually speaks Kodava. Most Kodavas are actually upper class and usually Kshatriyas. Written material in Beary and Kodava exist both in the Kannada and the Malayalam script.

Could a Tulu state be established? Although it's small, I think it will still bigger than Goa.

If it were established, a sizeable minority of Kannadigas, Konkanis, Malayalis and Beary people would remain in them.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulu_Nadu_state_movement

It will be a good way to promote the Tulu language and Tulu identity.

moshi moshi desu

dare?

Pajeet kaeiku hanu no desu na ke?

nani? imi wakaranai.
omae wa 2hu shitteiru?

Baka yero hai kumaure desu

how long has this general been around for?

More than 2 months i guess

nice. haven't posted on Sup Forums in forever

btw what's the board for games? it's one of the newer ones but I can't remember what it's called

>what's the board for games
You mean /bant/??

aye. just saw it on the top of the page
thanks m9
btw I went to school with one of the princes of Bhutan m8. does that make me an honorary Bhutanese

nani sore?

>that make me an honorary Bhutanese
>Bhutanese

Koi kiosthe madue sumari

is that not the right demonym? "Bhutani" sounds right but spell check makes it show up as a seplling error
it's "Nepalese" btw

learn proper japanese neet nepali moron

Gagaga daske maniasthe??

Omae ni nihongo wa unko desu.

No Bhutanese is correct.And use Nepali not Nepalese even.It's a correct way.I don't know who started calling us Nepalese .

nani o itte iru n da kuso bagero

just memeing about Nepalese. "Nepalese" sounds retarded

kotoshi mo yoroshiku onegai shimasu

omae no desu omae ni ja nai

NANNNNNIIIIIIII???

omae wa ore iu na

Yeah it does.
>Nepalese
>Please

sokka

tsugi ni omae wa to iu

Cute thread.
Posting more 'hus.

Nii sama tate kure hai?

Everytime I read japanese I hear it in a cute anime girl's voice.

Pajeet are you following this season anime?

No. I will watch the new season of new game sometime though. I dont even like most shows now. I mostly like comedy cute girls shows with no yuri undertones or just playful (not serious) yuri like in Yuru Yuri. I also dont like loli shit, haremshit of any kind, self insert shit , and all of these are prevalent in anime. Guess I just dont like the medium besides touhou and cute girls shows and manly men shows like Initial D, Samurai Champloo, Jojo, etc.
The last airing anime I actively enjoyed very much were Active Raid and Ange Vierge.

forum.wordreference.com/threads/urdu-hamza.1212997/
Hard to say unambiguously but generally it's either skipped in pronunciation or lengthens the preceding vowel.

I don't get it

nvm. just looked up "hannah baker"
t. haven't watched the show

It's not used much and doesn't affect the pronunciation.

bhai I went to a bollywood night thing at our local club. It was filled with brown fob software engineers who wear no deodorant, sweating all over the place. Motherfuckers are so aggressive and just think any girl is gonna grind up on them, no sense of style or swagger.

Whyyyyyyyyyyy?

american women are whores who would sleep with anyone. brown employed engineers > beta white chads

>Using the word swagger

Also, White 'womyn' will go after any non white

Such shit taste.Anyway watch kakegurui.It's airing right now. Pretty much AOTY contender.

you two motherfuckers clearly never left the homeland, America isn't an all you can fuck fest bro, there's still statuses and confidence, being fit, the way you carry yourself, everything.

Y'all sound like the creepy ass dudes on facebook who message white girls to send nudes.

They're joshing around, bud. I can't believe people take that stuff unironically. I swear it's becoming more and more common for people to get baited by this garbage.

What do you hate about your countries most?