ITT: critically acclaimed artists you just cannot get into

>pic related

Also:
>Slint
>Radiohead
>Kendrick Lamar
> Beach Boys
>The Beatles

listen to let love in, then the good son, then the tracks higgs boson blues and jubilee street live.

50 cent and David Bowie

>Kendrick Lamar
I don't have anything against rap, I just think that good kid, M.A.A.D. City and TPAB are... ok.

>The Smiths
>Tool
>Sonic Youth
>Alice in Chains

The only good band on that list is AIC

>AIC
>good
pick one

>Swans

Children of God and a couple of their Post-Punk albums were the only albums of theirs I could tolerate. They're just so dull, and Gira's writing is all that I can compliment.

Yeah, I like GKMC, not much else at all though. I cannot for the life of me understand how Kendrick is a superstar amd not Vince Staples, Anderson.Paak, Earl, etc, who are way more interesting imo.

Pixies

Same. I love dark ambient and noise, but SFTB was boring and entirely uninteresting. Then I went into PCIAGI expecting something cool because it was called "soo heeavy duUde" and still let down. Talentless hack core desu senpai

I will do this, thanks

me too.

opposites day

I can understand that it takes genious to make Beach Boys and Radiohead songs. However, they still sound mediocre to me

Animal Collective
Queens of the Stone Age
The Clash

me too, i like Ok Computer enough to have it on in the background, and can respect the bands because people I hold in very high esteem musically seem to see something in them. I find it meandering and pretentious for the most part

Jay Z

vampire weekend
lcd soundsystem(tho i love james murphy as a person)
vince staples
mount eerie
bon iver

I Fucking hate Jay Z. Pretentious as fuck, and extremely boring. I legitimately believe that he paid for critical acclaim and awards for his latest release

Any modern rapper. I've tried listening to MBDTF, Damn, and Sat.III and couldn't make it through.

>pretentious
i see the word doesn't mean anything anymore

JewZ fucking sucks.

Try listening to Malibu by Anderson.Paak. I've heard similar complaints from friends and showed them that album and they've loved it

It means self-important. He is a self absorbed cunt just like his wife

did it ever outside being applied written works in some cases

Beatles are the GOAT, plain and simple.

>Radiohead
Im usually good at pretending to like whatever makes me look cool but i cant connect with radiohead outside a couple of tracks

Bob Dylan

Just can't do it

Oasis
Blue
Pulp