+June of 44

Tatsuro Yamashita - For You
Lampchop - I Hope You're Sitting Down

Woods - How to Survive in / In the Woods

Eric's Trip - Love Tara

Cactus - s/t
Captain Beefheart - Safe as Milk
Lilium - Transmission of all the Good-Byes

It was about time I saw Quelle Chris in a chart at one point. I like that album.

You're welcome

Set Fire to Flames - Sings Reign Rebuilder

rectal hygienics - even the flies wont touch you

If you have entry-level and/or Sup Forumscore taste: don't ask for recs.
Instead, listen to albums you don't recognize from other people's charts (the less familiar you are with the chart, the better).
That's the best recommendation anyone can give you.

>tfw working on my FLAC collection
Collecting is nice, I'm already on my 300th FLAC album perfectly cataloged.

the buena vista man looks out of place
savage Young taterbug - shadow of Marlboro man
slug bug - truck month

Why the Lemon of pink stood out to you?I think that they used a bit too much sample.

it's my ray of sunshine in the cold dead night of my musical library

>Why the Lemon of pink stood out to you?
I think that they used a bit too much sample

No, but seriously, the samples are awesome. It's a complete disoriented mess of mostly energetic and happy samples and that gives me an overwhelming feeling of excitement. The sad tracks are great too though, mostly because of the way they use their string instrument samples, it's just so on point, it's like those strings slash your soul or something.

Got any favorites from the album or the band so far?

meant to reply to

I liked that they sampled Allahuakbar.that pretty intresting and the female country voice was pretty neat

>I liked that they sampled Allahuakbar
When? Can't recall that.
>the female country voice was pretty neat
I think that happens more than once lol
My favorite voice sample is probably the african girl sample and the subsequent flute or whatever that instrument was.

>the shittiest contribution to a thread one could give
How come? It's a genuinely great recommendation.

>How come? It's a genuinely great recommendation.

Crap, I meant to respond to the lazyposter Sorry

Its on the track lemon of pink on the 1:45 seconds.Also the combination of folk and electronic is pretty nice

damn, nice lol
I never heard the akbar part until now
awesome

>the combination of folk and electronic is pretty nice
True, but there isn't as much electronic as people make it out to be, it's mostly just samples

Made one with one album per artist/band because I'm not gonna make a chart bombarded with every fucking album from every single individual.

you might as well make one chart with the word "dad rock" on it and it would be the same

Had a healthy relationship with your dad
Huge introvert, you'll lock yourself in your room for days
Heart of your friend group
You want to be a dad

how does it feel to be a 60 year old guy at Sup Forums?

yeah 60 year old guys just love lyrics like "getting fucked by the devil in the back of his car" just as much as you do but more physically

Well, Lou Reed certainly did when he was 60

or one called "where rock got interesting and when avant-garde music arrived"

well probably

but wait? if dads now a days are born in the 80's, doesn't that mean that their parents are born in the 60's and if u see people who are born in da 60's as parents than ur father must be born in the 60's and u in the 80's than doesn't that mean that ur?? a dad?

what i've been enjoying lately. first time getting into vu&n and the beach boys this last week.
+ steely dan
+sparklehorse
new to Sup Forums

Stoic type with a heart of gold and an urge to save the world. For some reason people call you a hot head despite you not acting like that at all. Doesn't like to drink in front of people, only drinks alone. Get's really goofy for a few minutes every once in a while, doing things like making weird voices to yourself alone and getting into weird stances. Has watched one or two anime shows, thought they were alright, but wouldn't call himself an anime fan.

Fun loving guy who acts a bit weird. Scares people off, kind of on purpose, by acting particularly strange. Likes making creepy faces at his friends. Has friends, but not a best friend, and isn't always invited. Is a legitimize good person but sees himself as bad and never good enough. Has never told anyone that he isn't the biggest fan of himself, though has made subtle jokes about it. Looking for someone to go on adventures with, but believes that this will likely never happen.

really likes smoking weed, but is cool about it and doesn't flaunt it. fun to hang around, but sometimes goes off into depressive tangents.

Recs please

Juana Molina - Wed 21

Moody Blues- Days of Future Passed

Recently listened to Heaven of Animals by The Goslings + Warmth

The first track is one of the best things I've heard in a long time, but the rest of it was kinda underwhelming

youtube.com/watch?v=SRl_kuLYbx8

I'm familiar with a band if it's on the chart and if I haven't already checked out their other stuff, I plan on doing so

I'm having a hard time finding things I like lately. Only thing I added to the list in a while was Flying Saucer Attack, which someone recommended within the past 2 months or so

Recs greatly appreciated. I like stuff with shoegaze and drone elements, but haven't really been able to get into the "core" bands of those genres

You might be interested in Mort Garson's Black Mass, which he released under the name "Lucifer"

Other moog stuff I'd recommend is anything by Wendy Carlos, especially Sonic Seasonings

I've only heard Aguirre, Hunky Dory, Are We Not Men, Millions Living Now Will Never Die, and Songs About Leaving

Flying Saucer Attack has a couple tracks on its self-titled album that are a tribute to the Popul Vuh album. It's like shoegaze and ambient

I've been meaning to listen to Songs: Ohia, and more of YMO as well. Akiko Yano has some cool solo stuff, including her album Japanese Girl which she released when she was only like 19. You may like it

Not super sure what to recommend due to not having heard much of the stuff in your charts. Sorry

Great taste. I forgot how much I like KDJE. Gonna check out what I haven't in your chart. You might like some of what's in mine?

I think you'd like Natural Snow Buildings, and Women

You seem more well versed than I am. You might enjoy the band It's a Beautiful Day. They're like, Psychedelic Folksy Prog

Same as the last person but you also might like MC5 if you haven't already checked them out. I didn't see them on the chart but maybe I just didn't notice

all these mean something to me personally
the seven greatest albums ever made

i find charli extremely overrated
the other three albums are great tho

great chart, love everything on it

them suicide, talking head and galaxie albums are great

laughing stock and usa are masterpieces

need some recs bls
protomartyr - agent intellect
kitchens of distinction - strange free world
my dad is dead - the taller you are, the shorter you get
true widow - avvolgere
shellac - 1000 hurts
unwound - leaves turn inside you
duster - contemporary movement
bluetile lounge - lowercase
aerial m - s/t
foxes in fiction - ontario gothic
Deru - 1979
afterlives - a ticking clock i couldnt stop
ambersmoke - wear your love like heaven
xinlisupreme - tomorrow never comes
peach pit - sweet fa
lantlos - neon
fuck buttons - tarot sport
cloud nothings - attack on memory
KG - come closer, we're cool
oleander - february son
cut copy - bright like neon love
chastity belt - i used to spend so much time alone
com truise - galactic melt
washed out - paracosm
should - a folding sieve
lsd and the search for god - s/t
tamaryn - the waves
gleemer - moving away
the dead texan - s/t
cozmic corridors - s/t
malajube - trompe loeil
deru - 1979
closedown - nearfield
all natural lemon & lime flavors - turning into small or s/t

bump

cocaine

:(

Ayyyy drop some recent bangers of any genre; I need that to balance out the more sad shit. Doesn't even have to be albums.

My personality guess is that you guys are lazy.
Rec: Goodie Mob - Soul Food
Actually probably prescribed Xanax for that anxiety.
Rec: Cornelius - Point
Goddamn, either you are on the older end and been through shit or you are close to your parents who went through shit when they were young.
Rec: MX-80 Sound - Out Of The Tunnel

lazyposter standing by
but honestly couldn't think of many recs. haven't been able to discover much music with all the overtime at work

Dude you could at least guess personalities if you can't rec or make any other kind of comment about any one else's chart/taste.

Just added plantasia, actually. Been listening to it for a while, but I've come to appreciate it a lot more lately.

More plantasia.
Also, good shit. You ever listen to anything by Pat the Bunny, or all his other bands, like Johnny Hobo, or Ramshackle Glory?

Tweez honestly doesn't get enough love. Neither does SoaD, come to think of it.

Salvia Palth - Melanchole
And of course, Big Black - Atomizer, just in case you haven't heard it.

This is a cool chart. Some really neat shit in here, man. You ever try Peste Noire?

I feel bad, because I hate lazyposting, but I never feel really qualified to actually be giving out recommendations. They're 9/10 times from my chart, and usually surface level stuff most people have heard. The best thing I can suggest for you is Melvins, for example.

yeah probably could

Fuck me, I forgot my chart.

Gets emotional fast

Camel - Mirage

Of course I have listened to Peste Noire. I even like their weirder shit, too when in the mood. Thanks for reccing though I appreciate it!
Warhorse - As Heaven Turns To Ash
Skepticism - Stormcrowfleet

im hungry
Dopplereffekt - Gesamtkunstwerk

>You ever listen to anything by Pat the Bunny, or all his other bands, like Johnny Hobo, or Ramshackle Glory?

yeah I quite like Ramshackle Glory

have you listened to Blackbird Raum? You might like them. The album False Weavers is pretty cool

As you can see, I really need some helping getting past mu-core

Great tastes. I rec Lydia Lunch and DNA on DNA

One album per band.

If you've never listened to the Mantits side of the Johnny Hobo split, you really should.

need recs guys

recs pls

See

Genuinely one of the worst charts I've ever seen. For someone with so much punk, I'm surprised that almost none of it is good.
Quit while you're behind.

we would maybe be friends

good taste

pretty hate machine is up there for me too

love that live talking heads album

tweez is severely underrated

Favorite album is Vanilla-Sweetalk, have emotional attachment to the album from fond memories of getting high to it.

ayy blank banshee
try sweetvalley, it's like a fucked version of blank banshee

i rec vanilla-origins. or any vanilla album

i forget which chart i clicked but there was an user who put igorr on his and I haven't seen anyone who mentioned igorr in a long time.

Yup
I'm ready for it
I'd rec some Kool Keith and motion Man.
Maybe some Aesop rock

dude music's so great man
:\/
nice dubs james :)
yeah me too

youtube.com/watch?v=JAF9J66osvo
sometimes i feel so tired...:'(

Uh oh, trouble

I can give any explanations or recs from this, Im a huge hiphop head, the text is kinda small so its not as easy to read.

>all top albums are Sup Forums memes
Get some taste, pleb.