What am i in for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fs_Qhmiz40E
variety.com/2016/film/news/apostle-dan-stevens-gareth-evans-1201907469/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

great camera angles

Fightkino

Watch the movie and find out you autistic moron

Kicking and punching, a bit of shooting and stabbing.

this

cute jap husbando

A non-stop rollercoaster of chills, thrills, spills and kills.

You'll learn that Disney hired the wrong Gareth.

Overrated wacky DBZ style gookfighting. Skip it and watch Dredd.

The Dark Knight of action movies.

pleb flickary

A glib facsimile.

subtitles or a questionable dub

Best sequel since ESB.

actually better than the original

this.

it's the original + actually a plot

Cover lied, he don't wear tactical gear like in 1st Raid.
More bloodier Hand-to-Hand fights compared to 1st Raid, this time included nasty chick with dual-wield hammers, main dragon dual-wield wicked kerambits. Story wise is just meh.

What about quips? Has it quips?

What's ESB?

The action scenes are amazing

its The Raid + Anime I prefer the 1st

A movie that tries too hard to be epic and fails miserably. Some cool fight scenes, though.

It doesn't have enough fighting scenes to keep capeshitters happy compared to the first movie so they don't like it

But it's Kino

I'm just gonna say it: Rama vs Knife Assassin Guy > Rama and Andi vs Mad Dog in terms of technique

Both were good brawls, but the latter was like an actual boss fight for how much damage it took to bring Mad Dog down

How was Mad Dog such a fucking tank?

He was literally half their already diminutive indog size and probably weighed much less.

Action kino

He maxed out STR and END, equipped Havel's ring and multiclassed as a barbarian/warblade. Rama's mistake was bringing a DEX/AGI build to a slugfest. Andi's was being a monk.

Iron Heart Surge is some next level bullshit.

>tfw they ended up cheesing him with bleed

fucking pinoys

Has great fights, memorable enemies, and slick kinotography. But the story is boring and overblown, those fight scenes can't come soon enough. The final series of fights are great, the rest is forgettable and boring. No way did this need to be 3 hours long.

Honestly, it was almost cathartic watching Asshole Mob Heir I'm Supposed To Feel Sorry For and Dickass Jew get their shit pushed in so easily.

Except not quite, because having to put up with half an hour of their petty fightless bullshit.

But yeah, next movie should just open up with Rama fucking up the police and take it from there.

>But the story is boring and overblown
>No way did this need to be 3 hours long.
yeah, it's a bit mastabatory. Still great though.

> The final series of fights are great, the rest is forgettable and boring
m8 the prison fight is top tier

And he STILL kept going for ages because of server lag.

Bleed evidently got nerfed at some point in the sequel given how long Knife Guy took to die, but the meta was already there to stay, every competant fighter relies either on bleed or stunlocking.

Mad Dog cosplayer literally got tricked into invading a gank party, just to make the meta look even better

youtube.com/watch?v=fs_Qhmiz40E
>this bloodbath will never be in the final edit

Pure gookkino

If anything the fights get better and better leading up to the end imo, kitchen brawl with cops was pretty ace.

Baseball Bat Man and Hammer Girl are kinda the redheaded stepchildren of the fight scenes, though. They'd have been screwed if their opponents actually knew how to fight even a fraction as well as Rama's usual mobs.

>people in this thread talking shit about the Raids

fucking plebs, go back to your capeshit threads you fucking losers christ

>Director has no interest anymore in making the Raid 3
god dammit

Live action weebshit with good fights.

I hope Gareth Evans never goes to Hollywood.
He'll end up directing some bland capeshit like the other Gareth does this year.

Really, I thought that was definitely happening?

user's wrong, IIRC Gareth just has some other shit he wants to do in the immediate future so Raid 3's gonna take a while to get done. 2018 at the earliest, I think.

actually recently Gareth said that if Raid 3 happens it'll be pretty far in the future, if at all. He wants to do other movies.

Aw, poop.

Eh, maybe it's for the best. Get all the plot out of his system so the Raid 3 begins and ends with people being smacked with furniture.

>actually recently Gareth said that if Raid 3 happens it'll be pretty far in the future, if at all. He wants to do other movies.

He only made the first Raid film as a glorified demo reel to get the funding for Berendal, which was the movie he wanted to make in the first place.

I wouldn't hold your breath for a Raid 3 anytime soon. I'm pretty sure he's only talking about the "possibility" of another to keep fans happy.

empire strikes back

At 150 mins is there enough action to keep me interested all the way through, or does it drag on at points?

Just shut up and take your ADHD meds before you start watching.

Both, really. There's a practically textbook crime drama you don't need to follow to enjoy the good parts. But the fights are top-tier, and hype enough to keep me going at least.

I was very disappointed that my favorite character from the first film is only in the first scene of the second. Seemed like a great relationship worth developing more and instead it's wasted- I know it gives a bit of motivation but it's never brought up again and could have been used so much better if he were a key player in the film.

variety.com/2016/film/news/apostle-dan-stevens-gareth-evans-1201907469/
Hype

Andi? Meh. He was meh as a fighter, and I rate pretty much every character by fighting ability anyway.

I am however disappointed Yayan's character was whittled down rather than allowed to go out in a blaze of glory since Yayan and Iko are the best fighters on set.

There is no raiding any places.

The last part of the movie is about the protagonist raiding the criminal base all by himself.

>movie begins with prisoners trying to raid Rama's toilet, and probably his asshole too
>later assassins RAID into building to kill some other assassin
>even later police RAID into restaurant to fight Rama; cue car chase
>crooks briefly RAID Rama's apartment to backstab him
There is way more raiding than in the first movie

>quips
This ain't no capeshit, son

i agree with you, the raids offer one of the most thrilling action experiences in cinema
BUT
>mistaking lou kang for his greatest enemy the sorcerer shang tsung
pleb