Inaccessible albums that are accessible to you

You don't quite understand the perplexed reactions from the album because you are so used to it.

Other urls found in this thread:

images.genius.com/3e325d0b785402a841d32cc59978cfef.1000x1000x1.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'M PICKLE RICK!

shut up ellie

this was the shape of jazz to come for me

t. 19 year old nu male

It's such a normal album for me

MORTY GO BYE BYE! xD

Is it really inaccessible?

normies hated it

so did scaruffi

normies loved it, patricians hate it because its death grips for mongloids

probably not too extreme but i love it

Makes sense...

That one album with a Japanese-dragon masked man on the cover

>yeezus is death grips

>death grips isn't normie music

>yeezus is deaf grip

It is at this point...

I can't remember the name Sup Forums help

>inb4 hur durr this is accessible normie trash

Try playing this in front of any actual normie, they'll wonder if it can even be considered music.

I played some to my friends, they thought I was a weirdo for liking it.

Fucking Nirvana is more abrasive than this is, and I'm pretty sure that normies love Nirvana

Theory of a Deadman is more abrasive than that.

I can honestly not tell if this is considered inaccessible, I've listened to it too many times

Does this album even fucking exist lol?

Nevermind, spellt it wrong...

It's actually quite good!

Clicked from the first try.

Normies love Nirvana, but every single one that's heard this around me that isn't also incredibly into music considers it to be actual noise.

Nope not true.

Well then if it had been overexposed through MTV they would love it like they do Nirvana instead of considering it actual noise. The album just sounds like easy listening pop rock to me

do you mean inaccessible as in it cant be bought or streamed anymore or what
>inb4 how new can you get

to be fair....

That's cause you're a genius and above the rest of us in every way.

>shitty music
>inaccessible

Inaccessible as in not easily accessible to the ears.

inaccessible as in you're less likely to enjoy it unrironically unless you're into music
lurk more newfriend :)

every album these days honestly
i cant remember the last time i heard an album and thought it was "weird" or "out there"
kind of sad cause i always felt real cool for discovering the craziest shit i'd ever heard
there was a point where i thought itaots was weird as fuck

I'm a bit like that , that's why I started this thread, to see if I was at all alone on some opinions

one that really perplexes me is suicide's s/t
aside from franky teardrop its just some dark-feeling synthpop songs about superheros and shit, the production might be a bit minimal but its not really abrasive or anything
even franky teardrop is only really made "disturbing" by the lyrics and screams
>show the album to friends
>"user what the literal fuck is this.... turn it off RIGHT NOW or i'm kicking you out... it literally hurts to listen to"

>turn it off or i'm kicking you out.
Your friends are retards. And they tend to overreact a lot, I guess. What a fucking pack of idiots.

I agree with Get better friends

I'm sure it would sound like a weird joke to most people

Side 1 is actually my favorite.

most ae after amber desu

i don't expect much out of them as they are weeaboos who frequent r/me_irl
i would get new ones but i really dont care enough, i rarely socialize anyways

Nice argument

Koenji Hyakkei - Angherr Shisspa ?

>tfw you have stared deep enough into the musique concrète and noise abyss that even the most intense and abstract Autechre just sounds like hip hop or w/e other genre they are referencing in a track.

I wonder what the most inaccessible AE would even be. Maybe the 20+ min stuff off Elseq like elyc6 0nset, or the grinding hi freq harmonics found in the 14-15 live sets and gantz graf.

Heeeellllooooo operator, give me no man's land

The ending of Enter The Exterminator always makes me laugh

itt retards

The album isn't even that weird, but I played it out once and everyone just looked at me funny.

TERMINATE

That bit's so cheesy but I love it.

I'm not ever surprised by anyone's negative reactions to music I might be playing or listening to.

It's happened too often at this point, to the point that I don't ever go out of my way to show anyone new music. I've had people tell me that FlyLo's 1983 was too weird, and that was about the point I gave up showing people music I like, because if that album is "too weird" I've lost all touch with what is weird.

this shit rocks

I played Only Shallow at a hang-out and shit played just fine. Get better friends.

Everyone I know thinks it's the best thing ever, that's even worse

I played this for some friends while we played a game and they turned it down then eventually asked me to turn it off. Fucking seriously it's honestly pretty damn accessible to me..

Oolt Cloud

Its so chill to me i forget its japanese.

>Digits

Shit happened to me user. MHTRTC and Geogaddi (especially the latter) make people uncomfortable for the same reason we like it so much: it feels nostalgic and sad, but you can't quite put your finger as to why is that.

I tried one time and it wasnt off putting but i definitely didnt get it. Id probably like it with 3 or 4 listens though.

Wrong on both accounts. MBV's heavily layered textures of reverb and distortion are on par with Nirvana's chugging yet melodic riffs. And plus, most normies only use them as a fashion statement anyway. If you played Scentless Apprentice, Floyd the Barber, or Endless, Nameless, they would say "Hey, play some Nirvana, man. This is just garbage!"

I mean I would understand Geogaddi, since it's more on the dark side than MHTRTC, but I wasn't expecting such a reaction. I was really annoyed especially when they turned on trap right after to replace it. I never play music around my friends anymore unless it's very accessible pop or dance music.

That literally happened to me one time with Something in the Way. I still dont get it.

I literally just asked a friend what's the album I've showed that he hated the most, and he said Geogaddi.

I've shown him Faust's S/t, SPK's Leichensrei (industrial 2spooky shit) Throbbing Gristle, Last Days of Humanity, Merzbow's Pulse Demon, and he still chose Geogaddi.

Normies hate BoC for some reason.

Tree of Tongues is better

I usually hate to perpetuate the whole normie thing but holy shit so many people have no respect for anything that goes even slightly beyond their close-minded ""taste""

any other Foetus/Thirwell recs?

really liked this and thaw need some more

His sideprojects Steroid Maximus and Manorexia

images.genius.com/3e325d0b785402a841d32cc59978cfef.1000x1000x1.jpg is really nice. give it a listen

I had no problems enjoying and "getting" TMR on my first listen but this still hasn't clicked for me at all after 5 listens. And I have an expensive amp setup and tried listening with 4 different $1000+ headphones, so I don't think it's a gear problem. I don't know what I'm missing.

Taste.

What you’re missing is taste.

It's only special to people who exclusively listen to indie or Sup Forumscore

Its so fun but everyone HATES any ween before C&C

I dunno, I listen to a lot of shit across almost every genre, including experimental and weird stuff. Loveless just sounds like boring simple rock melodies to me, with cool sound design and effects. But I'll keep trying because Sup Forums has such a hardon for it and I have an innate drive to succumb to peer pressure.

If you ask me, there's no album that combines hardcore punk and metal better than this album. It might even be one of the best metal albums of all time

yeezus is deb gribs normines btfo

it's the only good metalcore album, for sure

>cave in
>botch
>coalesce
>deadguy
>kiss it goodbye
Converge isn't even the best band out of that scene

People call this avant-garde. Maybe it was pretty out there for its time or something, but this album was so normal to me that it straight up bored me.

Oh, without a doubt. IHMMBID is less accessible though imo.