youtube.com/watch?v=Arw5tJY0QDk
youtube.com/watch?v=meF4ANsg4K8
youtube.com/watch?v=PzKZJW0-Axs
youtube.com/watch?v=3jcigFg9Klk
youtube.com/watch?v=s2hrNjYHbK0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

> tfw no wall of sound gf

im listening this right fuggin now lad

this album is really special to me. idk how much other people would like it but its def in my top 5.
ghost is my favorite track, i relate with the lyrics too much

First shoegaze I ever listened to. Didn't even know what shoegaze was.

goddamn why you keep posting this

having a shoegaze gf would suck

Because someone once posted this in my thread and I liked it for some reason.
Why would it suck? Imagine listening to Loveless at night with your lovely gf.

>constantly looking for drugs to abuse
>will dump you at any moment for a better looking musician
>probably depressed
>probably only interested in entry level stuff for the aesthetic
>interested in eastern mind bullshit like chakras and crystals and also astrology
>muh sexually abusive past

>>muh sexually abusive past
this made something click in my head, i know the type of person you are talking about

not the other user but yeah you are right this would suck, would still take it over my current state though

I like the EP but Ghost is so goddamn catchy and somber. Definitely the best track. I always sing along to the chorus

what album are we talking about here

i don't get it

>EVEN IF IT'S JUST MAKE-BELIEVE
i listen to it every time im sad and feeling lonely. i need more stuff like this

whirr - distressor

I understand who you're talking about, but those girls are usually into much edgier and darker stuff (for aesthetics, yeah) and barely can appreciate something like Loveless.
Anyway I'd always prefer a shoegaze gf over a swans top listener gf or a brockhampton gf.

thank

does anyone else share love for this as much as I do?

>the fucking riffage throughout the album
>the post-hardcore influence
>hooks and melodies unrivaled by most rock music in general
>that part of wispy part of tomato bazooka at 2:10
>that polyrhythmic riff in puddle at 1:54
>the spaciousness in the songwriting and production of loop

fucking love this album lads, can't get enough of leave

>barely can appreciate something like Loveless
wtf are you talking about, a lot of normies love loveless and it's one of 3 most entry level albums in the genre

a legit shoegaze gf would know that mbv's discog expands much further than loveless and that it isn't their best release

do they have a better tune than sometimes though

Thanks for making another one. I went to sleep earlier and the one I made died. /shugazi/ best general

personally I think so, but it's a completely subjective matter

I don't know, man. Pretty much everyone I met was into Whirr, Slowdive, A Place to Bury Strangers, Ringo Deathstarr or something like this, but never were really into MBV, it's like they're considered basic and essential amongst fans, but are in reality much less accessible than it seems.
> that it isn't their best release
I love their other releases, but it definitely is.

mbv earlier than loveless is far more 'straight' in terms of alt rock and also far more accessible in terms of influencing later shoegaze acts (although not as accessible to general audience). In that regard I consider it more relevant and important than loveless. Loveless gave mbv their large breakthrough due to it's accessibility and has since garnished a legacy status that easily biases certain listeners. Loveless is more important than earlier mbv only in that it gave more exposure to the band as a result of its critical success. It has more simplistic song structure, had the ability to move forward lush sounds developing in 80's pop and pushed away the grittier, noisier and more aggressive sound they contained in the past. It is by far more accessible than something like You Made Me Realise which literally has a noise section referred to as the 'holocaust section.'

Also, they have sold out huge arena shows around the world and headlined festivals. How could you possibly say they aren't an accessible band. Personally I haven't met many besides diehard shoegaze fans who loved other shoegaze acts more than mbv. I've met plenty of people who just like mbv, or just like slowdive. Loveless is entirely a novel album, and while it may seem to go against the norm in many regards it also doesn't in many others. It's still pop music at the end of the day structurally and often melodically, with a new approach to production that easily will capture the attention of someone even though they may not willingly be doing so

what are your guys' fav slowdive songs? here are mine
youtube.com/watch?v=5uUoaq_X8oc
youtube.com/watch?v=qdBbRHxkHMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=baFbK49FG4g
youtube.com/watch?v=N8_c9BjZEtM
youtube.com/watch?v=CMSAELTTgrk
youtube.com/watch?v=3AjsdpVZp38

I Saw The Sun is so good

Don't Know Why is my favorite

Sleep

Anyone got some recc's for some shoegaze with lots of synth use? Doesn't need to be entirely synth based, just wanna hear some lush synths in the mix as well.

i think Swirlies - they spent their wild youthful days in the glittering world of salons has some tracks with synthesizers on it. thats all that comes to mind rn

youtube.com/watch?v=S1rTKIsDS8o&t=280s

in no particular order
>Alison
>Souvlaki Space Station
>Waves
>Catch the Breeze
>Everyone Knows
>Shine
Pygmalion works better as a whole unit rather than separating out songs so I can't really say any song from there is a favorite

is /shugazi/ twee-pop friendly?

youtube.com/watch?v=6DDA4lG1LE0&t=103s

youtube.com/watch?v=4y7x0MbC6IA

youtube.com/watch?v=ZvfML6SabTU

youtube.com/watch?v=1O83DiH3F8I

The KVB

link?? sounds good to me

this,

also bloody knives

also moscow olympics has nice synths and i dont normally like them

youtube.com/watch?v=XogqlL3s3j8

you got a download link senpai, dont see it on rutracker or soul seek

Fuck man, people treat viper like a meme, but the guy's stuff is strangely good. The music/beats are just plain insanely good. I guess he actually plays the piano and took lessons as a kid.

Such chill music.

I got it on jpopsuki, I recommend getting on there if possible. And sorry, I don't give invites out to strangers.

mega.nz/#F!C5EGxDZD!E9DaZiZPidyUdSErn5rnWQ
let me know if that doesn't work, I never really used this site before and I just wanted to be nice and at least try to share this nice ep

thanks dude

probably in my top 5 or at least ten. goat tier ep

anyone got similar recs to pic? I love the darker side to shoegaze like this and have a nice life, but not necessarily blackgaze like deafheaven

an autumn for crippled children
jesu
the angelic process
cold body radiation
amesoeurs

idk i tried sorry

I 2nd the Jesu recommendation, especially his S/T album, as well as Heart Ache EP & Silver EP. There are a lot of influences going on here and they are not strictly shoegaze, but these are the best starting point. The 2nd LP, Conqueror, will have the most shoegaze influence but not exactly dark in tone.

I also highly recommend Nadja. Best place to start would be with Queller as its most accessible, and from there you can branch out. Nadja is a lot noisier in a good way and stays true to the wall of sound aspect. Be sure to also check out Touched & Radiance of Shadows.

youtube.com/watch?v=pwQMI5jEa60
This is my default when I don't know what to listen to

I always liked their dense-sounding stuff more than their clean dream pop.
Catch The Breeze, Souvlaki Space Station, Sleep. Their new album has some great ones too, Star Roving, Everyone Knows, Go Get It.
Something I never understood- Who's the singer on this one (and I think Pipe Dreams), and what happened to her? She has one of my favorite voices in shoegaze. I also always see Kristina Esfandiari (from King Woman) listed as a vocalist for them but it doesn't sound anything like her
If you want some slow /gloom/, check out Pallow. Codeine is also where PfB seems to get a lot of his sound from, they're not strictly shoegaze but they have a dense and slow sound you'll probably like.

sounds cool i'll check it

ah good call, KVB is great an I need to catch up on some more their more recent stuff

will check these 2, thanks

Here's a cool band with that dense American gaze sound, they also did a split with Whirr
youtube.com/watch?v=XxGQOh4HTyU&t=1642s
KE sang on their Around EP then left to suck off the Flenser guy to get her shit solo albums pushed

Anyone got any recs for shoegaze that incorporates elements of spoken word? I've already heard Delaware and Texas-Jerusalem Crossroads. ty ty
Blue Skied An' Clear is their best song desu

got a link my dude?

It's on slsk

I haven't listened to all of it yet but you might be interested in The Coral Sea which is entirely spoken word by Patti Smith and guitar drones by the wizard himself, Kevin Shields
youtube.com/watch?v=3SXn-mEN90U

Do you guys agree with this list? What would you change?

pitchfork.com/features/lists.../9966-the-50-best-shoegaze-albums-of-all-time/

Also I need more shoegaze from this year, pic related is literally the only shoegaze album I've heard

No mention of Sweet Trip = Invalid list

Hundreth - Rare
youtube.com/watch?v=KWDre0UQOB0

Try this out. Less sleigh bells and more synths

blankenberge.bandcamp.com/album/radiogaze-lp-2017
greetdeath.bandcamp.com/album/dixieland
dozzz.bandcamp.com/album/poem-of-love-poem-of-sadness
midsummermadness.bandcamp.com/album/these-sunny-days
chiheihatakeyama.bandcamp.com/album/waiting-for-mint-shower
spceco.bandcamp.com/album/calm
weed.bandcamp.com/album/born-wrong-love
piafraus.bandcamp.com/album/field-ceremony

There are definitely some good albums on there, but my list would look fairly different from theirs. There are some very popular arstist on the list that I would remove and a bunch of random lesser known ones that would add on there.

some of the lists worst highlights
>no sweet trip
>no in her gentle jaws
>mbv, ride and slowdive are top 3 meme
>in the presence of nothing and not eccsame the photon band
>not a single japanese artist besides xinlisupreme of all things
>bias towards 90s
>bjm

and let us not forget no jefre cantu-ledesma?
wtf?

Thanks user, could you recommend some japanese shoegaze as well?

No Radio Dept.?

>in the presence of nothing and not eccsame the photon band
my nigga thats fucking right

ppee

Is ovlov /shugazi/?

I just threw on Greatest Hits Vol. II and while technically it's not an album from 2017, just three previously released EPs that were vinyl only I believe, otherwise it'd be up there with my AOTY 2017 "contenders".

It's a great album if you liked their other work and it has some shugazi vibes to it, I feel at least. I don't know if it was ever discussed hear earlier whenever it came out this year but I figured I'd mention it.

Engineers

I hope no one forgets that pic related is AOTY hands down.

Thanks to whatever user showed me Weed. Deserve & the DC Hope EP are both great.
It really is amazing. One album I'll definitely continue to revisit.

give me the noisiest harshed shoegaze u got, something like 77 live or the goslings? needs to have _moments_

is this a thinking emoji meme?

tago mago scratches that itch if you havent revisted it in a while. those last couple moments of Halleluwa invented the genre.

basically all ive been listening to lately desu

I think they're great, AM is probably their most overtly /shugazi/ project though, it's not as prominent on the EPs

new release.

whitenoise superstar is the pinnacle of overt noisegaze

bump
the new dots ep is cool except there is an hour of noise at the end

Sunn is the track he's should be looking for. The synth in that has an amazing texture.

I still can't believe Sofia Coppola got Shields to compose tracks for this. City Girl is so fuckin' good.

Explain how this isn't shoegaze

youtu.be/j5vg8fZwAKE

mega pls

Never mind i found it on soulseek.
Was looking up the wrong thing.

>soulseek

have fun in crime prison

I'm already going to prison for being too comfy
:-)

Criminally underrated.

yeah yeah my fellow hood rat

here's a list of a few but not all great japanese bands off the top of my head
>luminous orange
>coaltar of the deepers
>bp.
>the earth earth
>shelling
>cryuff in the bedroom
>burrrn
>oeil
>cosmicdust
>dive
>ca-p
>lemon's chair
>my dead girlfriend
>lucy's drive
>plastic girl in closet
>supercar
>suichuzukan
>pastel blue
>yukino chaos
>purple bloom
>maikotobranco
>tokyo shoegazer
>clams
>broken little sister
>hartfield
>niz
>tatuki seksu - hana kanazawa
>white come come

I could use a mega link, thanks in advanced

I need that asian shoegaze

God damn these young fucks showing off their full heads of hair.

>luminous orange
why is it even shugazi, it's pure psychedelic rock with a little reverb
> supercar
literally japanese radiohead (a britpop-ish album, than mostly electronic stuff), again not shugazi
Lucky is GOAT though
>plastic girl in closet
Tiny Tambourines is brilliant, underrated
>broken little sister
best blend of electronics and pure shoegaze I've ever heard, criminally overlooked
man I LOVE colour (literally Soon, pt.2)
youtube.com/watch?v=UtjD7726nkg&t=85s
> tatuki seksu
> tokyo shoegazer
>lemon's chair
>my dead girlfriend
shugazi GOAT
> cosmicdust
just listen to his cover of To Here Knows When, it's magnificent
youtube.com/watch?v=Arw5tJY0QDk
> hartfield
great, I wonder what happened to them
> oeil
unironically best mbv ripoff i've ever heard

you forgot Mikgazer, Shojoskip (especially if you liked Lemon's Chair) and all Kinoko Teikoku's EPs (+musician)

The Novembers

youtube.com/watch?v=meF4ANsg4K8

>why is it even shugazi
It's billed as "Loveless but Japanese" on one of the flowcharts. It's great, but you are correct and that descriptor is not even close.

loving fun with ether
youtube.com/watch?v=PzKZJW0-Axs
and Savage sister as of late
youtube.com/watch?v=3jcigFg9Klk

what's up with japs and "girl" band names

sorry my internet down. i'll up later for others.

bump with the most obscure album i know

girls are cute, japs like cute things

more like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=s2hrNjYHbK0

Are there any christmas shoegaze albums?

candy claws warm forever

some boys are cute too c:

you haven't heard all of luminous orange's stuff I guess. luminousorangesuperplastic is absolutely shoegaze for example

mikgazer is okay (only certain good songs on the comp) and shojoskip will be found pretty quickly if you look up the other band here. Also if you like mikgazer, check out wintermute's youtube page. He has a bunch of tracks on there but they are kinda more just pop/alt rock stuff with vocaloid.

also, I forgot ether feels

check out that band

idk man

number girl is great, I wanted to put them on my list, but it's not shoegaze. I'd still rec it to anyone who likes indie rock and I believe number girl is probably one of the most underrated goats of indie rock.