Have any of you seen Hamilton? What is this bullshit all about? Is it really blackwashing the founding fathers?

Have any of you seen Hamilton? What is this bullshit all about? Is it really blackwashing the founding fathers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fdxLohjwhoQ
youtu.be/6FPEwPpSyVE
youtu.be/IWdBOsk8D7A
youtube.com/watch?v=C2ODfuMMyss
m.youtube.com/watch?v=VrRk5YNAh00
youtube.com/watch?v=bruTOQoNtO4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Haven't seen it but I've listened to the soundtrack a fair few times. From what I understand it plays a little like an opera, in that dialogue scenes aren't really there.

It's a real neat little history lesson. Only a few passing mentions of slavery, the rest is great wordplay, fun characters, and catchy as FUCK music. Brought to life a couple of historical figures I wouldn't give a flying fuck about otherwise.

The fact that they're all non-white was an artistic choice, and the music doesn't reflect it at all.

>Is it really blackwashing the founding fathers?
yes

>hip-hop musical
>doesn't reflect the non-white cast

so why exactly is it when one character, one with no fucking race no less, gets a white actor people boycott the shit out of the movie

but you can cast several of you and your black friends to play the founding fuckin fathers and WIN AWARDS

>Niggers are actually happy to portray slave owners
Kek.

Isn't the lead an HIV-positive fag?

Though I suppose "HIV positive" and "fag" is a bit redundant these days

I can't wait until Leo DiCaprio plays Nelson Mandela with no blacklash

Chief user's favorite: South Pacific

>The fact that they're all non-white was an artistic choice
Don't kid yourself, it was a political choice.

>Actors pretend to be things they are not for monetary compensation

Wow. Very hilarious.

The race thing is 100% a gimmick, period. If this was a bunch of white people rapping these lyrics and whatnot, no one would have gone to this. It's for effect only.

That nigger was on Drunk History. He was great.

Is it one of those "in this specific instance the Founding Fathers were actually pretty cool, and not just slave-owning commoner-hating dead white males" things that liberals love?

>I make up imaginary scenarios in my head to get upset about so that I can feel persecuted. The joke is that I think Leo could in fact not play Mandela with no backlash. Are I not funny and subversive my friends

ok kid you might have better luck with reddit

Seems like they are doing it for more than the money though.

I enjoy musicals for the beautiful singing. If I wanted to hear actors speaking lines I would see a play.

Yes but they are singing. Quite well imo.

youtu.be/fdxLohjwhoQ
youtu.be/6FPEwPpSyVE
youtu.be/IWdBOsk8D7A

it's all about how Alexander Hamilton was an avid supporter of the electoral college and was the primary reason why it exists in America today and about how great the electoral college is and how it's the best way to decide elections

this coming in actors may also work for recognition in the industry more on this story at 11

No. He's a straight, married man with a kid.

Sooo just like they were in real life?

the point of hamilton isn't to show you a scenario it's to make you listen the cast doesn't matter because they are there to make sounds leo dicaprio as some black guy in a broadway play only works if he's singing about them just like these guys

Yes but rap isn't music.
Enjoy your tribal ululations all you like but imo it's just not comparable to say, Queen of Night youtube.com/watch?v=C2ODfuMMyss

It's not like people are all of sudden going to think the founding fathers were quirky dark skinned men. The founding fathers will always be white and nothing will change that. Who really gives a shit?

White people cant because they are in the majority.
Minority races can do it because they are seen as being less powerful, so their inclusion in something where they weren't originally is itself seen as something of note, even though it isn't really.
That's just how society works. It's kind of right in a way (a very small way) but not necessarily in a society where everyone is "equal." Then it's some kind of strange backward response to assumed racism, empowering minorities in one view, while widening a racial divide in another, depending on opinion.
Nothing inherently wrong with black people playing white people or white people playing black people. But there is something wrong with acting like its a big deal.
Hamilton may be a bit of an exception because of the racial connotations of the story. I don't know. We're all just people, man.
>inb4 something about niggers

>comparing Opera to a musical
Opera is on a different level, as I'm sure you know, my dude. It's an unfair comparison to make.
Also Damrau is GOAT, good taste

Jesus, sometimes I forget how conservative like 90% of this website it.

Like, holy fuck guys. It's not complicated.

>blackwashing
>washing something to turn it black

Really? That's the term you're going with? Mudding? Filthying? Shitting? Browning? BLACKED?

Blackwashing... never.

it is a play on 'whitewashing' fool

going to flag you user, the other user got his point across and you understood him, stop being a sissy bitch.

IMMIGRANTS

WE GET THE JOB DONE

>white people are the majority

This meme needs to end soon.

Globalists shills want to push their one world agenda, but i'll be damned if they admit that whites are a minority, globally.

I've been listening to the soundtrack nonstop since March. It's an incredible artistic achievement. I'm actually finally going to see it in person tomorrow.

>french mercenary
>guy from a neighbouring british colony
>''''immigrants''''

>tfw the creator was on an episode of the Sopranos for 5 seconds as a bellhop
m.youtube.com/watch?v=VrRk5YNAh00

I don't like his SJW shit but he did make some pretty great songs in Moana

>rap musical

If you count slavs as white, we really aren't a minority. We're one of four majorities along with Indians, East-Asians and Blacks.

No one gonna mention how they refused to cast whites?

It's one thing to only seek a certain race, but denying casting based on race is going too far.

It's 2016 user

God damn it, I'm a white man & I'm not going to take it anymore.

Who wants to tryout for my new musical Tubman.

I've only listened to the album but I never found it all that preachy. There are a few parts but it's almost 2.5 hours long and those parts are few and far between. I liked it a lot.

This is the one that makes me cringe every time.

You're thinking of Rent, user.

Everybody has AIDS.

Why does Hamilton feel like a psy-op that tries too hard to pander to race issues?

This. especially when most anime characters just look like westerners with autism hair.

>I've only listened to the album but I never found it all that preachy. There are a few parts but it's almost 2.5 hours long and those parts are few and far between. I liked it a lot.

apparently there was originally a song about slavery and fighting for abolition, but it was cut early on. Honestly, I'm curious how it went.

I checked out the soundtrack fully expecting to be triggered and pissed off, but it's so damn likeable and inoffensive.

They don't even really give anyone any shit for owning slaves in the finished product.

>catchy as FUCK music.

its substandard for a musical

this shit is rent tier

>I'm actually finally going to see it in person tomorrow.

How you doing that, user? I thought tickets were $1000+ and sold out for the next decade.

what kind of retarded shilling is this?

kek

Gaga too

>Why does Hamilton feel like a psy-op that tries too hard to pander to race issues?

You tell me. Have you checked it out at all? What race issues does it pander to?

>rent tier

likewise had catchy as FUCK music, you dinglehopper

i'm sure that's why tickets are sold out till 2020

Why are blacks so obsessed with being pharaohs and founding fathers and kings and shit? Why not obsess over becoming a small business owner, a world class chef, or a CEO?

Can you please stop using as FUCK to describe things? It makes everyone here think less of you. Hope you have a great day.

well, it's a rap musical, and white people can't rap

Eminem as Hamilton
Vanilla Ice as Arron Burr
Snow as Jefferson

who else?

LMM has a PGET
>Pulitzer
>Grammy
>Emmy
>Tony

>same age as me
>done fuckall with my life

don't know about the blackwashing but its crap musical with shitty songs. can't believe how overrated it has become

t-thanks

>white people can't rap
goes on to name the white guy whos is arguable the best rapper in the world

but not enough to fill the whole cast

I should have added that I guess I threw away my shot.

With Moana he's going to get an Oscar too.

>Rapping
I'm Thomas Jefferson
And I'm here to say
I fuck my slaves
Everyday

so how does In the Heights compare?

I dig Hamilton, so I'm curious to download the In the Heights soundtrack

>unironically liking musicals
>listening to musicals without watching the play itself

pls kys

some musicals are very nice, just not this one.

Whitewashing is taking something and recreating it in a watered down format. This is still whitewashing the founding fathers, not "blackwashing".

fuck that made me laugh

Rap is American and it is black. Therefore, the story of America's foundation must be set to rap music and with an all-colored cast.

Sounds like someone needs to listen to the original Jesus Christ Superstar album.

WHEN YOU'RE GONE

I'LL GO MAD

WE ARE OUTGUNNED!
OUTMANNED!
OUTNUMBERED!
OUTPLANNED!

Washington is the coolest.

I was talking about the US, not the world in general.

This is the only thing I know about Hamilton and I honestly don't know how to feel about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=bruTOQoNtO4

That was dumb, but I enjoyed it

Same with Rent. Ticket sales don't improve a weak score.

If you don't like Assassins, Company or any other Sondheim-musical you should kill yourself

>this is so tuneless and prosaic, it must be art!