ITT: We analyze album covers

What's this cover even supposed to convey? A rectangle facing a window... The rectangle looks like it fits in the door...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fqFdW7vFMac
youtube.com/watch?v=7FsIkLDP1Vk
ponksbakery.bandcamp.com/album/50-reasons-to-listen-to-ponks-bakery
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

200deep400u shit for OPN-listening poséurers

it's from an animated short
if you turn it upside down it reads 'r+7'

youtube.com/watch?v=fqFdW7vFMac

Don't worry, you're fitting right in!

ohhh, had to look at the back of the LP to see it.

Love me some Georges Schwizgebel. This one is really good too. youtube.com/watch?v=7FsIkLDP1Vk

its aesthetically pleasing

watch the animation it comes from

also it just looks cool. i would guess the primary reason for it is its simple but alien feeling aesthetic, which is sort of how R+7 sounds (though only the sound design choices could maybe be considered simple; the compositions are complex)

best i can do is say the animated short gives a similar feeling as the album does. kinda feels like an ascension of sorts, or at least a vague journey. also the feeling of momentum among stillness is consistent within both, whether the momentum is ultimately towards something is up for debate.

i kind of find the culmination of r+7 a digital death of a spiritual nature. it feels almost like AI realize humanity or humanity reached a new renaissance or enlightenment using technology, or both coming together at once. it's angelic but anxious and deteriorating but momentous.

hard to explain what i like about this album in sound terms, it's just an odd feeling that i kind of was drawn to.

I don't get this album art at all

It looks like a vinyl record that would match perfectly with an upper middle class modern living room from that time. Something you would see in a lifestyle magazine propped up next to the record player.

do you think that was the intent? Does that produce any kind of irony if it wasn't? What can be said of this?

I always thought No Now was a strange, but true, representation of a lot of the themes and aesthetic ideas involved in the album itself. Something about these hardly-disguised virtual settings that look like heavenly or divine suggests, to me, something about being distracted by limbo.

Haven't given the album a listen yet but the way you describe it makes me want to give it a try right now

>HD PICTURE
>HD SOUND

>if you turn it upside down it reads 'r+7'

I see the "r" and the "7", but i don't see the "+"

it is the space inside the frame of the door and the floor above it. It makes a plus.

You made it this far, I'm not going to hold your hand past the finish line.

But quite possibly where the fuck is the top of the +?

dude what the fuck

I said I wasn't going to help you.

the top of the + is when you unfold the image, its the other side of the doorway.

think of it like a deconstructed cube; you can unfold it into 6 2d panels

Maybe it's just "if mirrored" instead of flipped upside down then, since it is a 2d image and not 3d.

Yeah, that's what I initially though. I figured that was stretching it a bit but i guess it really is as arbitrary as that

moo

this and most of their other covers

the image clearly portrays 3 dimensional objects, a mirror would be an insult

please, ladies, respect the queue:

He's calling ur mom a cow lmao

moo

it's probably just some random muh salvador dali shit
perfectly reflects the album: hectic, digital, diluted, natural, and oddly framed

Look at her belly. She's clearly pregnant, and so a mother: has a heart for her kids. Is probably made of atoms, too.

Just realized there are more doors inside the door.

Who approved this?

Z-AXIS, SONIC DEPTH

oh im looking alright

Probably Hurley

the dog died

Never understood a single aspect of the cover

Fucking best album ive heard in a very long time though.

its arte with pretty shapes and colors. that's all there is to it

it's a sad white chocolate bar
it's a robot dipping his wiener in a cold pool in egypt
it's a box of water that was left out so plants grew on it and then some ancient roman gladiator stabbed it with his spear
her milk was part of alan's psychedelic breakfast
an owl decapitated a guy and a monster came out of his chest and a giant squid-man is humping a building
he was hurley on the show lost and he played a french butler who's catchphrase was "oui sir" but with a thick accent so it sounded like "wee zer"
the dog is a diety but he doesn't know how to spell so he calls himself "died" and he set that car on fire because it was an evil car and that's its licence plate
it's a guy with a really long wiener jacking off before he goes to a masquerade party

I wish I could be as intelligent and analytical as you

What did he mean by this?

That's really fucking pushing it

>hey guys won't it be funny if the the cover art was my dick

Pic related. I just saved you 43 minutes of your life.

see

andys excuse for fap material

I’ve always been enamored with this album cover. No idea why.

You absolutely should. It was one of the best albums of 2015. Or...14? I'm too lazy to look at when it came out.

To expound, it was one of the best of the DECADE. A significant release, to be sure.

what does it all mean????

It's all the seasons, mentioned in the track "God is in the seasons"

You've gotta be kidding me

Get this outta here

thats a dildo obviously

do you really not get it?

You're ruining the thread!

Ok it's a shitty random phone pic

Isn't that from the same artist as MBDTF?

Is this like Sup Forums's version of Loss?

And Benji, and Universal Themes.

turn of the century tech-paranioa a'la y2k
political protest of some sort, raping the land of its resources etc
its in the bands name ffs
middle finger to the music industry, its also an allusion to the steely dan greatest hits cover of whom was sampled on Graduation's song 'Champion'

this all I got

4deep3me

These seem correct.

>its in the bands name ffs
Actually this.

mildly unsettling deconstructed lara croft meets mona lisa looking 3d model shit. I see it as a simple portrayal of natural beauty in a very synthetic & unnatural way

Whats the meaning behind this album cov?

What album?

imagine actually thinking this is deep

he is gay (a bee) and wants to suck nectar (semen) from flowers (men's penises)

he a boy and he in a field of flowers
some would also call him a scum and says FUCk a lot!

also

I figured it was all the songs on the album. The River in the bottom left. Top left looks like something shooting off into space, so Infinite Rise. God is in the Rhythm is top right, dragon could be seen as a god in the middle of the pattern. Bottom right is a bi-plane flying among hot-air balloons so Lonely Steel Sheet Flyer.

It's written there: Ponk's Bakery - 50 Reasons to Listen to Ponk's Bakery

I haven't listened to it yet, but I have high hopes. The label's content is very niche though.

>if Yessie or ფიდელ see this, I will fly to Georgia and suck your horsefucking dicks.

>if Sadboy sees this, repost those album cover edits you did on Sup Forums. Desuarchive only has thumbnails.

Oh, I searched that and all I go was shirt designs, sorry.

>and all I go was shirt designs
It's the same group though.

Oh right, link.
ponksbakery.bandcamp.com/album/50-reasons-to-listen-to-ponks-bakery

Thank

Eh, just listening to it, isn't definitely not a good one (relatively speaking)