Is there any other example of an ex-athlete who became successful in another field?

Is there any other example of an ex-athlete who became successful in another field?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathieu_Flamini#Business_career
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Brendan Schaub

yes

This

Scott Steiner owns a restaurant

The Rock was a football player, I think he even spent a season in the NFL before going into wrestling and then movies

It was the Canadian Football League, my mistake, still counts as a pro football player I guess.

>mfw Big Poppa Pump is actually a shrewd and savvy businessman outside his bonkers mandrama persona

he said athlete

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathieu_Flamini#Business_career

/thread

Leauge 2 vs premiere leauge mane

Gary Lineker is a pretty good crisp salesman

Magic Johnson made more in business than basketball

Brock Lesnar won the prestigious WWE Undisputed heavyweight championship and then took to "Ultimate Fighting" for a laugh and won the heavyweight title in his 3rd match

underrated kek

His name is now synonymous with cheap crappy coffee across the Great White North

noice

....but couldn't make an NFL roster on a shitty team.

OJ Simpson

OJ Simpson, murderer.

Verona van de Leur (born December 27, 1985) is one of the most decorated Dutch gymnasts in modern times. After her retirement from gymnastics, she turned into an adult performer.

truly a gifted athlete

Chiellini has a MBA degree, so i guess he is pretty successful for a football player. Also Ronaldo fat has a sports marketing business

Some have gone into politics:

Dave Bing: NBA, mayor
Bill Bradley, NBA, senator
Heath Schuler: NFL, congressman
Steve Largent: NFL, congressman
Arnold Terminator: body building, governor
Ken Dryden: NHL, parliament member
Jim Bunning: MLB, congressman & senator

El Hadji Diouf is a farmer now

Jesse Ventura: body building, actor, governor, media host

>body building

not being obese is an extreme sport in USA

Gravesen has supposedly won x10 more money as a bussinessman after he retired than what he earned as a football player.

Raimonds Bergmanis, WSM competitor and now Defence Minister of Latvia

Lener was too old by NFL standards by that point. His entire NFL career was a PR stunt for the vikings

Getting into politics is a joke because people are stupid so any athlete automatically has a decent chance at being elected despite having the political savy of a nut but people remember them from their other careers and elect them. Politics in general is a case of idiots voting for other idiots who just know how to promise the right things

Niall Quinn became a fairly successful businessman

fpbp

As a detroiter, Bing wasn't a very good mayor and he really only became mayor because of a special election since the previous mayor was a criminal

>In 2005, Fowler was listed as one of the 1,000 wealthiest Britons by the Sunday Times Rich List, with the paper estimating he has a property portfolio of more than 80, while his Robbie Fowler Sports Promotions company has been reported to have net assets of £1.58 million.[142] Other business interests including a large property portfolio have resulted in Fowler's net wealth totaling £28 million.

Hard mode: No Acting career

>Page first gained fame as a defensive tackle for the Minnesota Vikings in the 1970s, and embarked on a legal career after retiring from football. He served as an associate justice of the Minnesota Supreme Court from 1993 until he reached the court's mandatory retirement age of 70 in 2015. Page is a member of both the College Football Hall of Fame and the Pro Football Hall of Fame, and is considered one of the greatest defensive linemen ever to play the game.

Record holder lifter.
Latvia's president bodyguard.

kinda

Familicide World Champion 2007

Jack Lynch won the All-Ireland Championship in both Gaelic football and hurling, which is the Irish equivalent of winning both the World Series and the Super Bowl.

He went on to become Taoiseach (ie Prime Minister of Ireland)

kelly ripa was never an athlete

Eh, not really a surprise seeing as how back in the 70s most NFL players had to have an off season job since pro football paid shit. A lot of players were businessmen, tradesmen, or lawyers back then

>mfw it happened over a decade ago already

Gonna post some obvious ones that everyone seemed to forget

>Manny Pacquiao
>Shaquille O Neal
>Dave Bautista
>(Place sportscasters here)
>Rubin Carter
>Frank Thomas

Those are ones that come to mind right away

Gianni Rivera and Romario became fairly successful politicians
And Socrates was a doctor

Manny Pacquiao is a senator, Beckham has a succesful clothing line, I think.

Justice White played for the Steelers and was on the SCOTUS. Probably the most successful post-NFL career, but it was a long time ago.

Alex Rodriguez is a very successful real estate investor
very impressive since he spent

Some that I just remembered

>George Foreman
>Mike Tyson
I also think Mark Wahlberg was a college football player or something before attempting to be a rapper.

>Eating horse

French people are disgusting

George Weah

Vitali Klitschko

ronda rousey

great name

everyone laugh at this faggot

Oh, sorry, his name isn't Justice White. "Justice" is just what we call people who sit on our Supreme Court. It's actually Byron White.

>crappy coffee

confirmed indian

I knew who he was from grilling not boxing, i was too young to see him box

WTF HIS LEFT HAND

>>Dave Bautista

he went from acting to acting

he had a mma fight

if youre gonna count one strikeforce fight. then you might as well count college athletes too

Albert Camus and David Icke

H8rs in shambles

First Nigerian flag I've seen here since 2012 Olympics.

He probably broke it and it never healed properly. Mine kind of looks like a less-bad version of that.

Camus was goalie before becoming a writer

As much as no one on Sup Forums wants to believe it, WWE wrestlers ARE athletes.
They have to pull off incredible feats of power and acrobatics. The dangers are all still there.

YES THERE IS A PREDETERMINED WINNER, WE ALL FUCKING KNOW THAT
but wrestlers still have to be in incredible shape to do some of the things they do in the ring.
>inb4 someone posts a really fat wrestler like rikishi or something
They're literal purpose is to be a gimmick, not a headliner. And they are also incredibly strong.
But I already know the first (you) to this post is going to be so fuck it. I'm not saying I like wrestling, I just respect what they are capable of doing

THAT FAT SON OF A BITCH

speaking of acclaimed writers, wallace use to be tennis player

they are athletic but they are not athletes. the fact wrestling is predetermined means they are not competing and competing is what athletes do

you should amputate it

It still works fine to grip--it just kind of hangs at an awkward angle otherwise.

well, he's retired from his... sport career... since quite a long time now

Ramon Vega trades on the LSE

>footballer, actor, presenter, jazz singer

Is he, dare I say it, the most multi-talented man ever?

Italian people being disgusting is inherent

I bet her pussy grip is ridiculous.

>Canada's rugby team plays their home matches on "Tim Horton's Field"

My brother went to his variety show. Said it was one of the best shows he's been to in years.