W/ Westworld Thread General

Uncucked Edition
Previous

>MiB: Don't you want that, Dolores? Huh? One true thing?
>Dolores: I already have that. I found someone true. Someone who loves me. His path will lead him back to me. And when he finds me, he'll kill you.

>MiB: To what do we owe this newfound stoicism?
>Dolores: I know he's coming. He'll find me. He'll take me away.
>MiB: Don't you understand? There's no one coming for you.
>Dolores: You're wrong. His love is real. So is mine. William will find me.

This breaks my fucking heart to be honest.

And no more Jimmi next season. They'd better make a Williambot in the fifth season for Dolores

KEIKAKU MEANS PLAN

You must have mistaken Ford intentions. He specifically made the park to bring out the worst in them. He knew that the host had to suffer to become conscious and he knew that if they didn't suffer and learn to interact with humans aka kill them, the humans would kill the host instead.

So he created a perfect shitstorm 35 years in the making to incubate Dolores to fix his fuck up to Arnold. That was Ford's end game.

Reposting in new thread in case you missed it

>Secondly, humans do change. Though some may take longer than others and some don't change much at all. Still, some do. I suspect Jew Jew Abrams is behind this disempowering mentality that the masses swallow.

You're making it sound like they're portraying Ford as a mentally stable good guy. I think he's a "mad psychopath genius" archetype and intended to be perceive as such.

Thirdly, however real they seem, the hosts aren't conscious (there is no one inside) and they can't suddenly "magically" gain consciousness through their memories or following a bullshit maze. The show went downhill after episode 3 or so.

I don't understand, how did you just decide they are not real?

Why won't they show the shrinkray once and for all ?

WHY ?

my fucking sides this edit

Why does Chris Nolan have a British accent, but Jonah Nolan has an American accent?

Gayboy

So how long you intending to drag this general out for, seeing as there's pretty much nothing to discuss now, and the second season won't be on air for about another year at least?

But how can he then claim humans are all assholes and could never coexist with the robots if he never gave humans a chance to do so in a real environment? I mean, if you created "puppy torture island", surely you would get a whole bunch of fucked up psychos, but they wouldn't represent the majority of humanity.

Post Snekfu beaver NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

He just made a park where humans can do whatever they want to robots that are frighteningly realistic imitations of humans. It's not a puppy torture island nor is there anything specifically encouraging people to behave like psychopaths.

General rule of thumb, if the show is popular enough that someone complains about how long the general will last, it's gonna be a very long time.

kek

>ywn never have friend so smart, so devious, and yet so caring that he will make a host body in your honor to help ease his pain only to realize years later that you were right about a new life form after all, and now will die to help your final effort come to fruition.

It's set in the wild west, a time period associated with violence and lawlessness. They give their guests weapons and tell them there are no rules and the hosts are not real humans. What do you think would happen?

So did the crowd know that Dolores was stabbed by the dude owns the company beforehand which is why she was dying in Teddy's arms?

How embarassing to have your RP exposed like that.

>no more Jimmi next season
YOU FUCKING TAKE THAT BACK
;-;
That part broke my heart too user

Unless modzis start deleting Westworld threads on sight because "There are no new episodes".

>Let's drink to the lady in the wyatt shoes

>20 generals in one day

This sucked. Balls.

Le kill everything we take over now.

Haha Le mastermind epic plan.

Merely a glitch.

What could possibly happen in season 2 ?

I think they said there wouldn't be a human vs robot war like in the original movie, and they can't go back to square one anymore, and just pretend the shooting didn't happen and erase memories again.
I also doubt the hosts will escape. The show is called Westworld, and it would be too expensive to show future earth.
So the last option is free hosts, but trapped in the park. In control of it, or hiding in the wild. But what would the plot be ?

>I bet he's picturing we tipping our non-existant fedoras at this moment for the reasonable belief that not too unlike the host's programming, human consciousness is dictated by, uhm, our physical nervous system and its inherent limitations dictated by literal physical laws of the universe.

I don't really know what he's picturing. Dude's kind of confusing me to be honest, I thought he was going to say something at some point but instead he just kept repeating I'm edgy.

I mean, I understand that this relatively nihilistic viewpoint is something often repeated by brooding angry kids who are eager to have it all figured out as quickly as possible as an excuse to wallow in their own anger. But that does not invalidate the viewpoint itself. In fact, I think it's a very realistic viewpoint of our human state, all things considered. I'm afraid it can't be exorcised by slapping an "edgy" label to it and then claiming it's debunked because unsavory types like high school kids are proponents of it. That's just ad hominem. Hey, there's even a hint of an appeal to authority because there's an air of "you'll figure it out when you grow up, kid" behind "2edgy4me" denouncements.

It only remains a nihilistic viewpoint if you're willing to let it be instead of using it as a motivation to seek for meaning regardless of our pitiful chance of ever reaching it. There's a certain joy to be had there. Regardless of how anyone views it, if it's edgy or not, the show clearly deals with this topic, so if we're discussing the show, this will be the main dish on the menu.

How do you dear making fun of Ford, mongrel.
This is 0,1% of what he has done during 35 years.

Respect the keikaku

:O

Because that is a the reality of this world. Remember the story of the nethendral that Ford told Arnold? If you made a host right now with consciousness, us humans would shut down the project so fucking hard that you probably won't see the light of the day till you die.

Dolores isn't wrong when she made that speech about dinosaurs and dust and bone to MiB. Ford knew that as well. He saw Host as the next evolutionary step to humans. Guess what happens if humans learn of the existence of beings that are almost 100% superior to themselves? Co-existence my ass.

>Literally introduce the possibility of new worlds
>It becomes like The Wire where season 2 is largely different but with elements/characters from season 1 showing up

Besides Nolan has already mentioned that he wants a change of scenery so yeah.

le people = shit

Jusst thought Id pop in this thread to say Im glad I dropped this show before season finished. Looks like it was put together by a team of morons

Look, if you left an Sup Forums poster alone in a room with a real life version of their waifu and said nothing, what do you think he's gonna try?

Ok, bad example, he'd ignore her because she's not 2D anymore. But you get the point.

I don't disagree that there's an implication of violence in the Westworld setting. Perhaps it's really not the best way to introduce true AI to people. However, I think it's ultimately irrelevant because even if the setting was My Little Pony, you know it would be filled with psychopaths and horsefuckers within a week.

fuck the robots I hope humanity wins and all the hosts are mind wiped and turned into sex slaves

>It only remains a nihilistic viewpoint if you're willing to let it be instead of using it as a motivation to seek for meaning regardless of our pitiful chance of ever reaching it. There's a certain joy to be had there.
I thought I mentioned Camus. I-is The myth of Sisyphus """"""5edgy8me"""""" too?

Logan

Got himself shot in the head.

The most interesting character is now retarded and dead.

I quoted the wrong post in what you replied to, I meant to quote this: I haven't read Camus, I don't know what his views are. I haven't really read much of anything at all to be honest.

see

To be fair, they are only superior because Ford designed them to be and I find it hard to believe that in a future with such advanced technology, there isn't similar transhumanism stuff going on in the general population. Like, people altering the DNA of their children to be stronger, more intelligent, resilliant to sickness etc. Are those humans also hunted down and killed because they are superior to the old generation of humans?

>no bully gf

I'm trying to understand the conversation here, who are you quoting

Can someone do a "Do it for him" with Logan
I need it for reasons

>teaching the robots to fight in order to survive

so they'll become just like humans, only worse because they'll be immortal and endlessly destroy the universe.

Good job Ford you made new humans that will be way more evil than they were ever capable of before. Such arrogance to think they'd be better or different. All men are capable of evil, and when you raise the bar for how evil you can be, there will always be something to fill that void.

I meant to quote:

Host aren't human. They are superior human and superior in ways that aren't mere genetic variations.

They can be brought back to live from fatal wounds.
They have near perfect memories.
They don't age and are immortal.
Vastly superior abilities beyond the reach of human beings.
Ability to shift consciousness into different bodies.

This isn't merely stronger, or intelligent of resistance to sickness. This is super human abilities we are talking about.

oh ok makes sense now

The point is, humans are psychopaths to each other as well if you let them. You could be filling the park with a bunch of real life homeless people and tell super rich assholes they can kill them for sport without consequences and it probably would also be highly successful. The reason why shit like this doesn't happen on a large scale in real life is because we built societies that have rules and enforce law and order to keep those psychos in check. There is no reason to believe why in real life, with proper laws and regulations in check for both robots AND humans, it would have to end in a massacre of either species.

> Cowboy hosts find the door to Samurai World

Fucking hell, I'm not sure this show will be that great without Anthony Hopkins.

Also I think they did great, I enjoyed the finale, but I really feel like they wrote themselves into a corner. They've done that a bunch of times now, but it just feels like they're gonna have to pull a season 2 out of their ass. Ford and Arnold are pretty much the history of AI and were the mystery and that's pretty much resolved. We've gone the full parallel of creation too, from the garden of eden to the abandonment of god to Jesus sacrificing himself.

What follows?

A conflict between AI who follow Arnold's teachings versus those who follow Robert's even though they're pretty much the same?

Maeve as Mohammed, preaching a new way for the AI?

He doesn't care. He is God. And the host are his adam. Humanity to him is dead.

>There is no reason to believe why in real life, with proper laws and regulations in check for both robots AND humans, it would have to end in a massacre of either species.

>Vastly superior species can co-exist peacefully with humans
Seriously?

That just means they are made in our image and will be our creations, taking over from us the custody of the world and expanding, because humanity is limited.

Isn't that the endgame for humanity?

What would be the point if you made AI perfect, incapable of sin, altruistic and not able to fight?

Then they wouldn't be human or made in our image. They wouldn't be the continuation of our species.

That's not entirely true. Your actions have no consequences in westworld. People treat the hosts like robots and have no clue they have anything resembling a consciousness. It's like a video game.

They're shooting and raping inanimate objects because they know it's not real. It's just like shooting a target at a carneval or a hooker in gta. I think it's unfair to conclude that humans are rotten to the core just because they immerse themselves in a video game.

Ford isn't dead he is confirmed for S2 also he either killed his human self or his host self see

Episode 1: Oh wow, this is pretty creepy. I wonder if the robots are going to rebel and start killing everyone?
Episode 10: Yes.

Why did it take them 10 episodes to fulfill that super basic horror movie set up?

>BLACK PEOPLE ARE GOOD
>WHITE PEOPLE ARE EVIL
>ALL BLACK CRIMES ARE CAUSED BY WHITE EVIL

BROUGHT TO YOU BY JJ ABRAMS

>It becomes like the Wire

kys

Dead or irrelevant.

The way Dolores said it in a scared voice with her qt generic Midwest accent made me feel sad. Ruined my morning desu.

>I already have that. I found someone true. Someone who loves me. His path will lead him back to me.
>I know he's coming. He'll find me. He'll take me away.
>You're wrong. His love is real. So is mine.
>tfw you will never make a girl feel this way
>tfw 2 years to wizardry

;_;

where the fuck was securitybro aka the only worthwhile Hemsworth brother

Hosts vs hosts because they can remember how the other hosts killed and raped them and now they hold grudges

Think about Ford's thematic theme. Just think about it. What good will bringing him back be?

It would be perfect if they have just ended whole series with season 1 finale.

At least Ed Harris is still alive. I'm not sure if I could have handled both of them not returning for season 2.

Taken out by clever injuns.

>tfw the park announces plans for AfricaWorld

Humans create this vastly superior species. They are only vastly superior for practical purposes in the park. If the government were to allow sentient AI to be part of the general population, they could easily order regulations in their production that require their bodies to age, their intelligence to not exceed a certain level, no robots being allowed to be involved in the production of other robots etc.

bravo

>oneineachhand.gif

Jesus (allegedly) came back only to prove he's the son of god.

From then on he never participated as a human being.

Perhaps Ford might be in season 2 as one appearance and then as the new voice in some AI's head, replacing Arnold?

>If the government were to allow sentient AI to be part of the general population, they could easily order regulations in their production that require their bodies to age, their intelligence to not exceed a certain level, no robots being allowed to be involved in the production of other robots etc.

Replace sentient AI and robot with niggers and see what happens. And this ain't even a vastly superior species.

Besides, the host know they are superior. Why the fuck would they allow an inferior species to regulate and limit their potential?

We dont have intense situations anymore to foster deep bonds. It's rare outside the military.

>Jesus (allegedly) came back only to prove he's the son of god.
according to fucking who

he came back to sacrifice himself to atone for the original sin, i'm pretty sure thats the most commonly held interpretation

>DUDE FEMINISM LMAO

on another note, who get a semi when Dolores started beating Billy up?

>Feminism
Dolores straight up became Hitler at the end.

Was she raped in the first episode?

We've done Garden of Eden, first sin, casting out, endless hell and sin on earth, redemption by Jesus and his crucification.

The season ended on the crucification.

What follows, logically, is the start of branching ideologies some AI continue hearing Arnold's voice, others hear Fords, fighting between the two on who is the right one and Dolores becoming a prophet of a third way, because she hears her own voice (i.e. her god is in her).

Then war between the factions, probably.

All set in feudal Japan.

Honestly, while the writing is pretty damn good, they are literally remaking religion.

Is Westworld an allegory for why women's suffrage was a bad idea? Is Nolan that sexist?

No dude, I mean after he was crucified he rose up from the grave to show himself as divine. As in Ford will show up in season 2 for an appearance.

>remaking religion
I like this

>Woman will be the downfall of mankind.
>Let's celebrate it.

Arnold's voice is Ford's voice if you haven't already realized.

Yes

You can't rape a toaster.

But yes.

are people cheering for the hosts?

As Jesus and God are one in the bible.

Jesus and God didn't fight each other

feminists are apparently

so what big twists or plot points DIDN'T Sup Forums predict?
dolores=wyatt?

No. They can't tell between humans and hosts. They see human shape, they think it's a human, they treat it as a human. They are dumb that way.

People called that one too

oh fug
my reading comprehention fails me yet again

I feel you, guys. Shit hits hard.

2 years for me, too.