>6.8
why?

9.5/10 for me

plebs hate what they don't understand.
BvS is a plebfilter.

This is the featured review:

>Why laugh at one super hero when you can laugh at two?

Combine a muddled story, cheesy acting, gratuitous special effects, canned violence, and an inept script, and what you have is this movie. Unintended laughter abounds as the Bat and the Man of Steel square off for reasons that only a Hollywood script writer testing the limits of credulity could concoct. Replete with numerous defects, which, among its many flaws, includes a massive and transparent rip off of the conclusion of the King Kong story (albeit with unintended amusing results), the movie struggles to try to pass itself off as serious entertainment. Yet the story is so goofy that after a while it can't help but provoke laughter. That Ben Affleck is able to deliver his lines without breaking into laughter is alone worthy of accolades to his power of self-control. As the movie goes on, and it's a long movie, one soon wishes that Adam West would enter to inject at least a small modicum of class into this messy production. Jesse Eisenberg plays Lex Luthor in one of Hollywood's more egregious, albeit hilarious, examples of miscasting. Yet, the star of the show is Henry Cavil whose cheesy, leaden performance as Superman borders on the ridiculous. Whenever Superman enters the scene it is sure signal that something inane will soon follow. In the middle of the fight scene, for instance, both heroes discover that both of their mothers are named Martha. Why this bit of trite is important to the story will not be revealed here. However, this revelation marks the height of drama achieved by this movie. What makes this movie especially noteworthy, however, is how it succeeds in reducing not one but two American comic book icons from heroes to buffoons and achieves this with little effort. Now THAT is an accomplishment. Why laugh only at one super hero when you can laugh at two? Of the two, the one who is more inane is Batman.

Without Alfred, there can be no Batman. Superman at least has an excuse - he's not human, so we really can't expect that much from him. If you are expecting a serious drama involving two troubled super heroes, then you will be sorely disappointed. But if you like poorly made movies with quirky lines, stagy acting and cartoon-like special effects, then this production will prove immensely satisfying.

>plebs hate what they don't understand.
So, Fantastic four is an masterpiece too?

The 1994 one was corman kino

I hope Justice League will be a complete movie without a lot of sequel baiting. I want Snyder's trilogy to feel whole so if all else fails I'll always have it to rest my laurels on.

Thats not a very good argument. Im sure there are many people, unlike yourself, who don't hate the film but didn't care for it. If you need to hate it any film thats your business

Fantastic Four 2015 is very underrated though

>Dr Doom walking down the hallway in darkness and killing people
Good scene

>6.8

Damn. The general masses will never understand the genius of BvS. Like you need a certain level of intelligence to appreciate Snyder.

The first half kinda was.

That was a damn good scene. I hated Doom's design, though. I hated a lot of things going on in that movie.

As for BvS, I love everything about this movie. I'd be curious to hear what Frank Miller thought of it, as it uses a lot of the same things he did in DKR, just from a very different angle.

Yes, an extremely low one.

And this braindead pleb was actually paid to write this.

>canned violence
what did he mean by this?

Easily an 8/10
Anyone who disagrees can commit seppuku

Same reason why Ghostbusters is at 80+ on RT.

Feminists?

Great review.

Sony and Disney pay alot of money for viral marketing and fake reviews. Both for their own products and to shit on competing franchises.

>all those blatant shills voting a 10

Why did Jesse Eisenberg think he was playing the Joker?

Why did the use such a tight hairstyle to accentuate Superman's hair loss?

Why did Fat Affleck bash so many guy's fookin' 'eads in?

Why was Alfred played by a sexy grandpa?

Why did Mercy Graves have to go so early?

Why was Wondy a twig?

Why is Aquaman Roman Reigns?

The casting in this was fucked, what were they thinking?

Yeah that is why you can't trust general audience reviews. BvS had tons of 10's when the movie wasn't out yet or even screened.
This happened on imdb and rotten tomatoes.

> what were they thinking

They weren't

Because he's playing a Luthor that just got exposed to more information, more mind-shattering information, than any other person in human history. It happened to him because of his arrogance, impatience, and greed.

To make him look like Ross's Supes.

Because he's not a good guy in this plot, just like Superman wasn't a good guy in DKR.

Because Alfred has always been a gentleman's gentleman. Irons is the best Alfred we've yet had.

To illustrate how little Lex cares for anyone. Everyone's either a pawn or an obstacle to him.

No idea, though it was nice to see her portrayed as a foreigner.

Because Momoa is such a fantastic choice, I don't even care that he's not blonde.

It's interesting how MCUcks make it out as though WB are the only ones you shill across the internet. The amount of disneyshills is un-fucking-paralleled by comparison, I'd wager there's at least one in this thread right now.

IMDB ratings are so worthless. Why does it go from 1-10 if every move ever is between 5 and 8?

Save...Martha...

Like someone explain this to me, why is there only a one point difference between Sword of Doom and Thor 2? Like who the fuck thinks that seems right?

It's user average, newer movies with hype get rated huiger than older ones.

FFS Age of Ultron is a 7.5

why didn't Superman hear her mother being kidnapped?

What a worthless fucking metric. It's almost as if IMDB cares more about getting user clicks than actually giving applicable ratings.

But that's what general audience thinks. AoU is good action flick for them. 7,5 is corret audience score for that garbage. It's opinion of ALL people. Not just people with good taste, you know.

Goddammit get over it DCucks.
BvS is pure shit. There's nothing good about it.

So what you're saying is that it's worthless.

Yes. But almost any movie higher than 8 is solid good. IMDb and other sites is good to the beginners, so they formed their taste.
And, as I said, general audience DECIDE which movie is shit and witch is not. Personal opinions doesn't matter.

>6.8
>even with literally tens of thousands of MCUcks and paid shills voting 1s

At least people see

He was in the Andes, for starters. She also didn't make enough noise to distinguish herself from literally millions of other people making noise within earshot.

Given that he wasn't close enough to prevent her from being shot if she'd disobeyed her captors, it was probably a smart move on her part.

>its a dcuck justifies their shit movie episode

just like the us election most of the world is stupid. that's how society works, built on the backs of stupid tax paying citizens and their future generations who will also be stupid.

>mousecuck is a hillcuck too

Figures

It's pretty funny you making that comparison,considering one of the underlying themes is looking past xenophobia instead of continuing to swallow the bullshit getting spewed by the people that profit from keeping people divided and hating one another.

Lol, 6.8? Way too high, I gave it a 2.

Feel free to ask me how I rate other movies.

how

Too high.

I'm going to that site to rate it 1 right now.

It sucked, managed to be both boring and silly. I just waited for it to end.

Amy Adams in the bath was hot, though

I'll just patiently wait for the window where rational discussion of the pros and cons of this film to be discussed. It happens in the dead of the night and in the hours between 8 and 4 EST.

Do the math.

>against all those ((((((((((millions)))))))) of completely non-bots nor south asian shills who watch the cringe teaser of GotG absolutely by their own free will and not to rack up views

Fucking impressive if you ask me

Haha :D

>Jonathan Kent: It's somethin', innit? One minute in Kansas livin' on a pancake so we come to the mountains. All downhill from here; down to the floodplain, arm at the bottom of the world. I remember one season the water came bad. I couldn't've been twelve. Dad had out the shovels and we went at it all night. We worked 'til I think I fainted, but we managed to stop the water. We saved the farm. Your grandma baked me a cake, said I was a hero. Later that day we found out we blocked the water alright - we sent it upstream. A whole Lange farm washed away. While I ate my hero cake, their horses were drowning. I used to hear them wailing in my sleep.
>Clark Kent: Did the nightmares ever stop?
>Jonathan Kent: Yeah. When I met your mother. She gave me faith that there's good in this world. She was my world.
>I miss you, Son.
>Clark Kent: I miss you too, Dad.

The reason BvS tanked is because people are used to super-easy to understand capeshit movies. They aren't used to a movie with nuance.

They liked Civil War because everything was clearly defined, there was no undertones. It was team cap vs team iron man.

BvS was a darker tone and closer to its source materials.

BvS is by far the superior movie, but it's like people with iPhones, they just love that flavour of dick no matter how limited its range or purpose may be.

OK, I must have replied to everyone ITT who liked BvS.

Coming from someone whose favourite heroes as a kid were these two, and who lliked Reeve's Superman and loved Nolan's Batman and also loved MoS:

Please make me like this movie. Please. I only liked Ben Affleck's performance (not his role) and the music.

Please tell me what you liked about the movie, what excited you, what you liked about the action etc.

I really wanted to like this movie but it feels like Attack of the Clones 2: Dawn of Justice.

>I really wanted to like this movie but it feels like Attack of the Clones 2: Dawn of Justice.
Why?
In order to convince you we need to know why you dislike this film. Please do not use overt generalizations, cite examples if you can.

It's one of the only movies about comic books that embraces allegory, like the Elseworlds stories and other one-shots do.

It's also showing a world where Donner's films could still fit tonally, but it takes a sacrifice to get it there. Think of it as a critique of where comics went over the past twenty years, and how that led to Superman's earth arc.

I also legitimately enjoyed seeing Luthor reinterpreted as iCorp America.

I also thought it was sort of brilliant for the to have Lex constantly alluding to his dad. It makes him both the son of the Luthor we know, the corporate fatcat of the 80s, the powerbroker businessman of the 90s, and his spiritual heir - the "new money" in the corporate world, the guys who pull on a faux anti-establishment, non-conformist facade, while beneath being the same old conscienceless psychopaths.

I happen to think of pic related as an homage to all his incarnations - the lab coat-wearing mad scientist, the gaudy corporate conman, and his latest incarnation. He's even sporting Lex's red hair.

The fact that it has no quips, and that it says what it wants to without restraint. It proudly upholds the fact that Superman and Batman are not ideal individuals even at their best, adn this is the conflict that drives the story forward. No matter what they do, unless they give up their identities, things will continue to be shit. And that's going to amplify in JL and other films. There is a fuckton about this film, but you're goning to have to specify.

First scene? BTFOing muslims.

Okay, a couple common criticisms that I have no problem with: Jesse Eisenberg's performance and the JL email cameo

What I disliked. Every paragraph is a single complaint.
The main one is the title. It was very promising to be true, and turned out not to be. To be engaged in the action in a film, I have to be invested in the characters first. The characters here were both basic as fuck. Batman has had a rough life starting with his parents death and fighting crime leading up to losing Robin. He thinks Superman is potentially dangerous. Superman is the MoS we know, he saves people left and right but is misunderstood because people fear someone different or better. OK cool. Why are they fighting again? Superman could overpower batman easily and tell him Luthor has framed them against each other. If he wanted yo fight, he could again overpower him and incapacitate or kill him instantly. And if he were to pull his punches, batman should have shot him between the eyes with a kryptonite bullet. Not a spear or a kryptonite smoke grenade. Which means that batman was "pulling his punches" too. When both heroes have half assed motivation and half assed resolve/execution, how can I be invested in the fight?
The movie has way too fast pacing with very low plot density. Example: Bruce running in the destroyed Metropolis (for no reason) and calls his employees, ordering them to exit the building. As if they weren't going to. All these bs scenes add up to an hour and a half of exposition and nothing happening and then to 5 minutes of fight.
Martha.
Henry Cavill's casting. I know I said I loved MoS, he wasn't the reason.
The plot struggles to make Lois relevant just to have her around.
The entire Doomsday sequence, the only thing I liked was Lex's God complex motivation. Sort of.
Superman dying this early in the DCEU.
Oh wait he didn't even die.
Too dark (literally no light and color)

I have more problems with the movie, but let's say they are nitpicking.

6.8 for capeshit is like a 4.0 for every other movie

me and a couple niggas were smoking blunts the other day. we got off to having a civilized conversation about which film is better: BvS or Civil war. after a length discussion we came to the conclusion that the extended cut of bvs is indeed a better film.

You're right. Superman is pulling his punches. The fact that he is is where Lex's plan starts to crumble.

Bruce isn't using a k-bullet for either one of two reasons: kryptonite is too difficult to machine into such a weapon, or he's unconsciously pulling his punches, too. Bruce talks big about his legacy and the potential threat Clark poses to the world, but beneath it all, his motivation is far more basic and far less noble - simple revenge. His obsession with vengeance is what his nightmare with the Man-Bat is all about - his subconscious warning him that by refusing to see the "angelic" in Superman, he's allowing his obsession to consume him.

Even at his most obsessed, though, Bruce balks when it comes down to the cold-blooded murder of a helpless opponent. Looking Clark in the face and seeing him prepared to go to his death with a plea not for his own life, but a plea for his mother's, Bruce realizes that Clark's actually closer to the sort of man Bruce's father was than Bruce has let himself become.

It's a reversal of the roles they played in DKR, with a traumatized, morally compromised Batman being inspired back to heroism by the moral integrity and character of a neophyte Superman.

I'm starting to believe that even Bruce's brand is a clue to past trauma. He brands people he sees as beyond redemption, but he bears scars of his own in that same area of his body. That could mean that he sees himself as beyond redemption, too. If that's true, it adds even more significance to his choice not to brand Lex at the end - he sees no one as beyond redemption now, because he himself has found true hope and stopped chasing his "beautiful lie," that vengeance could ever bring him peace.

Hope can, though. So can justice.

>Okay, a couple common criticisms that I have no problem with: Jesse Eisenberg's performance and the JL email cameo

Jesse Eisenberg plays a psychopath and does things to appear quirky and in the light, and to let others know that he could do as he wishes and there is not a damn thing they can do to stop him. (You, and your hearing, galloping through the streets, warning us)

>What I disliked. Every paragraph is a single complaint.
>The main one is the title. It was very promising to be true, and turned out not to be.

The title is Batman V Superman and not Batman vs Superman. It was always meant to be an ideological battle. Batman and Superman do fight, twice, but there is a deep meaning as to why and it isn't just because they hate each other superficially or something like that. it has a proper motive behind it. Blame the fuckign execs for removing all the nightmare scenes and then cutting it to hell. And it was fucking intense, and wasn't in a fucking airport.

>To be engaged in the action in a film, I have to be invested in the characters first. The characters here were both basic as fuck.

How are thye "basic"? What constitutes basic?
Why do you want unecessary details shoved into the story? In BvS, every dialogue plays a role in the story. There is hardly any line that you could edit and not affect the next couple of lines or scenes. I think he did a gret job of keeping the motivations of the characters focused and not going the franchise route where you would have had batman name-dropping his villans in the "we can not trust anyone after 20 years" speech and things like that.

> Batman has had a rough life starting with his parents death and fighting crime leading up to losing Robin. He thinks Superman is potentially dangerous. Superman is the MoS we know, he saves people left and right but is misunderstood because people fear someone different or better. OK cool.

okay.

>Why are they fighting again? Superman could overpower batman easily and tell him Luthor has framed them against each other. If he wanted yo fight, he could again overpower him and incapacitate or kill him instantly. And if he were to pull his punches, batman should have shot him between the eyes with a kryptonite bullet. Not a spear or a kryptonite smoke grenade. Which means that batman was "pulling his punches" too. When both heroes have half assed motivation and half assed resolve/execution, how can I be invested in the fight?

You're taking their own personal philosophies out of the equation and then asking why they aren't blood thirsty for each other. That's not how it works. Superman WILL NOT kill batman under any circumstances, because he has already killed one person with great regret, and only when it was the last resort (zod); he does not think a vigilante branding criminals is a greater threat than Zod and hence, he will not kill him or harm him a lot. This also depends on the frame of the movie. you have to remember that Clark is a competent reporter and thinks that sieprman shoudl not get involved int he issue as long as clark kent can do the job, because superman is a one-shot bullet. He could stop batman permanently, but whta good would that do? would it make people think that the branding was wrong? Would it convince batman? No. All it would do is paint him as an undue aggressor and that goes against everythig that superman stands for.

Batman is a sadist. he knows that superman is not evil right now, but he does not believe that will be the case for long. He first wants to know how powerful he is , and then intimidate him and make superman scared of him, because that is the only way bruce will ever know that superman will not just fly and nuke the planet (not that that would have happened).

They don't have half-assed motivations or resolve, because the context matters. The fights and their actions are properly in context. Superman only threatens bruce first, telling him that the batman was a cause for trouble in gotham and not its savior. Then he escalates and damages the batmobile, telling batmna that he is not match for him while averting him from stealing the kryptonite. Batman was always on superman's tail but he has to take it slow because superman could trash his entire plan if he came to know what it was.

>The movie has way too fast pacing with very low plot density.

You just didn't pay attention, you are way too used to shitty movies. Tell me what extra detail they could have added or removedwithout impacting the tone or the plot of the film. There is very little.

> Example: Bruce running in the destroyed Metropolis (for no reason) and calls his employees, ordering them to exit the building. As if they weren't going to. All these bs scenes add up to an hour and a half of exposition and nothing happening and then to 5 minutes of fight.

There is alot of meaing to that scene, because Lex uses it as leverage and the ENTIRE FUCKING COURT CASE IS BASED ON BRUCE SAVING HIS EMPLOYEES (guy in the wheelchair, remember?). This scene was also to show that bruce is not helpless without batman, and is not afraid to show off his skills if someone can be saved without the batman (the news about him saving his employees was on the front page of newspapers)

>Martha.

It's an emotional breaking point for both of them. To bruce, because "no one stays good", his ideals about saving the world because of his parents' death are moot. had he followed his old ideals, he would not have attacked superman, because he is not a threat. But he does so, and when he understands and remembers that he had become the monster he was fighting, he stops.

>Henry Cavill's casting. I know I said I loved MoS, he wasn't the reason.

He's literally perfect, fuck off.

>The plot struggles to make Lois relevant just to have her around.

She does a lot of things. She is the reason there is a hearing on superman in the first place and the she keeps the kryptonite spear away from batman and then gives clark a chance to rest after the fight. Had she never drowned, They woudl have never found the spear. Also, she lets clark know that the bombing was not his fault (lead case) and that he should continue being superman inspite of the entire world and clark's mother saying otherwise. She also submitted the files for the bullets and made Lex the primary suspect in everything. Also used as bait to lure superman to lex.

Main characters in most films don't have this much to do.

>The entire Doomsday sequence, the only thing I liked was Lex's God complex motivation. Sort of.

not an argument

>Superman dying this early in the DCEU.

He died because it was the end of the line for his morality, signified by Lex succeeding via a positive agent's help (batman).

>Oh wait he didn't even die.

Allegedly

>Too dark (literally no light and color)
Get a better monitor/TV/get your eyes checked

>Bruce balks when it comes down to the cold-blooded murder of a helpless opponent.

He literally could not stop killing people in this movie, you fedora wearing scrublord.

So you see literally no difference between shooting people who are shooting back and stabbing a helpless opponent in the face?

>stabbing a helpless opponent

When they're fucking Superman, and have all Supermans powers, and you just spent the last 15 minutes beating him into submission as he tried to bum you half to death, yeah, sure.

You're going to ignore everything I said about his dream too, huh? People tell you it's too deep for you and you call them memers, then you turn around oversimplify everything and we're supposed to, what, not think you simple-minded?

That wasn't me And it should be perfectly clear from the writing style.
Calm down.

>they will race behind us, they will stumble, they will fall... but in time they will join us in the sun

Bro if you didn't like it you didn't like it and nothing anyone says will change that. Stop forcing it.

Watch it a few times and if your opinions haven't changed let it pass. The movie has flaws but for me batman/ lex/ music/ set pieces made it great

If you haven't noticed some people here are already shilling their movie across the board.
>are you guys excited for x movie? i already bought my ticket teehee
they should seriously kill themselves.

Oh, I was pretty sue those weren't your posts. Their style was a noticeable departure.

Love every frame of this film except Doomsday fight

I watched it once in theatres and another two times at home (the extended cut).

Still attack of the clones. MoS, TDK and Civil war are so, so much better, each one for different reasons.

Not picking a fight or anything but why? The fight was fantastic and brutal and the shots during it were some of the best in the entire movie.

I didn't like doomsdays design or how he died but all in all it was a great fight

>I miss you, Son.
>Clark Kent: I miss you too, Dad.

No matter how stupid this scene was, this exchange hit me because I was watching this with my dad in the theater

BvS is not "nuanced" you troglodyte.

There's nothing wrong with that. Why didn't you like it?

My personal gripes - story was a little disjointed. The editing was atrocious and the justice league nonsense was forced and not needed at all

That heat vision showdown legit gave me chills.

Before this Doomsday shit movie was pretty good revenge-political-philosophical drama, but then lost all this seriousness
Acrion was good, but boring. And everything was brown
Smallville/Metropolis action scenes in MoS were godlike but this.. Eh

Don't reply to stupid posts.
Some faggot is defending the typo in the name as thematic stuff.

If you can read all the posts in this thread and still insist that, then you are the living, breathing personification of cognitive dissonance.

It's not a meme. You *have* been memed.

The theatrical cut was shit, hence the low rating. Has they just used the extended cut from the beginning, it would've had a better rating.

The movie was a lot better than most people give it credit for

>Don't reply to stupid posts.
Says the poster with the stupid post

>no u
Thanks for trying DCuck

reply to these posts then

>the title is batman v superman, not batman vs superman
This is the most autistically pathetic thing I've ever read in these threads, I'm not wasting my time with aspie subhumans.

plebs didn't get it.

wasted quads on a moron. what a shame

Respond to this
As in the complaints that neurotypical people (aka not comic book reading manchildren) have with the movie.

ITS JESUS CHRIST
GET IT?

Trips confirm, BvS is kino.

>Les Mis

*rich evans laugh intensifies*

Anyone can do this. At least tarantino doesn't pretend like he's the scecond coming of Christ just because he opied a scene from one of his favorite movie.

How about coming up with your own iconic shots?

>Snyderverse is so bad the DC fanbois has to meme it into greatness

maybe Marvel fanbois should get a new nemesis, it's barely a competition anymore

Wow. So deep. Kino, everyone.