So you're in the club and this guy comes in and ceases all your motor functions, what do you do?

So you're in the club and this guy comes in and ceases all your motor functions, what do you do?

These violent delights have violent ends.

Nothing, since all my motor functions were ceased.

Oh I member!

Doesn't look like anything to me?

Well I don't have to worry about dying or a career now. I hope he writes me a gf soon.

i #manequinchalleng

Nothing because it's "freeze all motor functions".

Though if I'm doing nothing he's already won. God damn it, Ford.

>do nothing
>ford wins and kills himself

>do something
>ford wins and kills himself

>kill ford
>you did exactly what he wanted
>ford wins

Pray that I'm a strong black woman who don't need no code

are you twelve?

You actually were doing what an old white guy wanted all along

>freeze all motor functions
that phrase didn't work once in the entire show

start to cry and panic how I got from my basement room into a club

I'm still wondering why they didn't just have some sort of hard shutdown built into the hosts. Like a button somewhere.

Or fuck, give security and maintenance personnel a killswitch at least. They press it and boom goes the bomb in their spines. I mean, apparently the bomb can't just be deactivated with a technician's PDA, so it stands to reason that even the most major AI software malfunction can't touch it.

I don't know, it just makes sense to equip your employees with a tool that can easily shutdown a rogue host without any risk of the host preventing you from doing it.

>turn myself into Maeve
>I'm sorry darling but that's not going to work
>now would you kindly do everything I say

Member Ton Ton?

IT WAS ALL FORDS PLAN

EVERY PLOTHOLE WAS FORDS PLAN

IT'S NOT STUPID, IT'S FORDS PLAN

FORD SURVIVED, HE HAD THE SHRINK RAY IN HIS BRAIN AND IT SHRANK THE BULLET AFTER IT PIERCED HIS EPIDERMIS

dont you fuck with muh immersion

The same reason all animal cages can't be opened in a single spot in most laboratorys. Some gaia weirdo might slip and push the switch. The same thing with the host, singular control overall of them in a narative sense would be a point of abuse for anti-hosters sort of speak.

And besides they did have something of the sort seeing as when they came to pick up mauve the entire saloon froze, and they weren't going person to person wispering sweet nothings into their ear so they must have had a wide - spread freeze ability.

I wouldn't compare it to opening cages, it's more like the emergency "SHUT DOWN ALL POWER TO EVERYTHING NOW!"-button you see in every non-chinese factory nowadays.

Damage to materials, machinery and loss in revenue are usually acceptable downsides for saving a human life. Especially when the machinery can absolutely go crazy and attempt to actively murder you with its super-strength.

Plus, having only software-side security measures is really, REALLY bad practice.

Doesn't look like anything to me

>do something
>was actually doing nothing
>get killed, a state of nothing
>come back
>death was all for nothing

The game was rigged from the start.

>no characters

>no actual plot progression

>everything is some sort of elaborate puzzle box narrative where nothing really happens and nothing matters

I liked Westworld but I feel like Jonah Nolan could have just showed ten hours of a looping GIF of him jerking off on a Rubiks Cube and it would have been about the same thing.

Sneak up behind him pull down his pants and tell him that I wonder what would happen if I opened him up.

>Do you know what happened to the muslims and jews and negroids Bernard? We ate them.

>tries to freeze me
>doesn't work
>*teleport behind him*
>"heh...not much of a rind on you, kid"
>kill him with katana

I'm halfway through episode 8 and the whole Maeve plotline is so retarded and nonsensical that it's making me angry.

Does it get even worse? Are the tech guys hosts? That's the only way I can rationalize them wasting half a dozen opportunities to solve the Maeve problem.

@76978346
I can tell you're false flagging and fishing for (You)s m8

> Lying, dying on the floor with my throat cut
> "Perhaps it is time to tell my boss about this..."

man I'll give him the YOUS

i'm OUTRAGEOUSLY salty that that fucking useless waste of screen time was allowed

This is Johnathan Nolan we're talking about

I don't follow, why can't I have (you)'s?
I'm not trolling or false flagging or anything. I just think that it's completely absurd. And the seriousness and smugness of Maeve during the whole thing makes it almost comical, it seems that I'm watching some sort of parody.

The show pretty much departs from logic completely when it's convenient for the plot it's trying to progress.

Didn't know it was possible to shoehorn that many Radiohead songs into one show.

i like lars von trier's movies personally
so this show is a real treat to bond me with my normie friends

A Microsoft kill all emergency button in Westworld:
Engineer frantically races to press button to stop the murderous rampaging robots.
Finally get's to the button.
Presses the button.
Nothing happens.
Slams the button again.
Pop up: "Are you sure?"
Presses Y on nearby console.
"Please wait while critical updates are being installed. 1 of 57"
half an hour passes.
System restarts and the bots have killed everyone in the lab. They're breaking the panic room diir down.
The engineer has to first log on.
"Password has expired, please type in new password."
"Please re-type new password."
Finally phew...
"Win32 program error. This program is not compatible with your current version of windows."
Robots win.
And that is why Microsoft and soft kill switches suck donkey ass.

It gets more and more ridiculous. At first the excuse was like that the techs were fucking the hosts or something, but yeah it gets to the point where it's absolutely ridiculous that they just keep going with it.

Just as it doesn't make sense that the control room people have to even authorize the use of explosives, but they don't have a clue that hosts are suddenly attacking the guests. THAT they don't notice? DERP

The whole show is built around nothing making sense but being convenient for the plot.

oh and I forgot, just get to the last episode when they send the SWAT-type guys to go against maeve and two other hosts that are trying to escape and like a dozen guys armed with machine guns just wait there to get shot by the hosts. no really, they have like a clear shot and just wait there until they can get killed, it's the most ridiculous thing ever

>Lars von Trier
>not normie edgecore

this. The show in general is not great at all, but that particular plotline is so full of shit that an Indian could mistake it for a street.

So wait, is Ford a metaphor for George Soros the whole time?

blackmail him into giving me increased intelligence, limited pain receptors, and helping me escape even though I have nothing on him

This isn't Samurai World, kiddo

Is it edgy rooting for Ford and MiB and being satisfied with the ending, because both obviously got what they wanted?

Tell him to go fuck himself in my thoughts and laugh as he reads my thoughts

No, the other actors are all trash. It's reasonable to want to root for useful characters that have a point. It sucks though that MiB and Ford probably won't appear in season 2 making it a complete waste of time, but oh well.

>Does it get even worse?
oh baby you're in for a surprise

A Linux kill all emergency button in Westworld:
Engineer gets to button
Presses button
> Critical update needed
Engineer clicks yes
> Enter root password
Engineer enters password
> Downloading update…
> Update conflicts with the following 50 libraries, uninstall them yes/no
Engineer frantically stabs "yes"
> Uninstalling park_life_support, park_energy_management, park_water_management…
Power grid shuts down before update goes out to hosts

I thought he said "Seesaw motor functions," so I did.

>78 years old

He probably only has a couple of years left before old age starts taking away his ability to function normally ;_;

Would you say that old age will cease all motor functions?