How come women and minorities never complain about the lack of diversity in other aspects of film and television...

How come women and minorities never complain about the lack of diversity in other aspects of film and television, such as cinematography, music, lighting, etc?

Is it because actors and directors are the higher paying jobs?

Actual skill and hard work are required for the other jobs with no visibility and fame.

>14% of the population wants to be represented as 50+%

they can fuck off

Because they think that 'normal' jobs are beneath them. To be one of the faceless many without whom these shows are made isn't enough. They have to be in front of the camera like the bleating harpies they are or nothing.

Because they only want to be seen to have achieved things.

black people are entitled

>Is it because actors and directors are the higher paying jobs?
that and seeing somebody who looks like them on a big screen is "motivating" for them

I mean theirs a big reason why companies pay celebrities big money to advertise their products....

It's worse in the UK. We're only 3% and everyone is clamouring for a black James Bond/Dr Who/PM.

Better question; how come the "diversity" issue is always "more black people"?

Black people have a good representation in media relative to their population size.

Hispanics are extremely underrepresented. Even Asians are underrepresented relative to population size. Native Americans have a case as well.

But none of this counts, because in the twisted world of PC politics diversity always means more black people or more women.

Stop being a racist sexist and watch this show.

Asians (and even Mexicans, relatively speaking) are too intelligent and peaceful: AKA too "white"

Because blacks are the loudest minority group and don't give a fuck about anyone but themselves. I'm not trying to be racist, but this is fact. Go back and watch any pre-election footage that deals with african americans. 100% of it is "what are they gonna do for me?" "what are they gonna do for the black community?" Not one of them asks what the next president will do for Americans as a whole.

I don't understand why they need a black or woman James Bond. They should just make a new character without all the historical baggage that fulfills roughly the same role and let it stand or fall on its own merits. Look at Kingsman, that shows there's more than enough room for a fresh take on the genre.

Tbqh 100% of London is composed of POC though.

it's called representation

holy fuck OP is a fucking retard thinking he's implying something clever

>Less than 50% white
>Muslim mayor
It's done for lads.

Except for when it is representation in anything offscreen? You're stupid, you completely ignored the question he asked.

Women and minorities do complain about the lack of diversity in these other areas, it's just that it's usually not actors complaining, it's musicians, cinematographers etc and they are granted far less of a platform so you don't hear them complain.

This argument is a lie. It's similar to the "why don't women want to become garbage people - oh it's because it's hard work" argument when, in fact, women around the world have pushed for their enfranchisement in the lucrative business.

>Women
>14% of the population

See my second point. But also there is extra importance to appearing in these visible positions as they symbolise to audiences that they can also achieve such a career and that gender/race will not stop them.

>how come the 'diversity' issue is always 'more black people'
It's not, they are just the most prolific/largest group agitating for change.
Hispanics, women of colour, the queer and trans community are all involved in this issue. As are native Americans.

>trans community
0.001% of the population should no be crying about representation. They have the Matrix faggots, that should be enough.

Eh, they are a small segment but make up a larger (but still small) portion of those in creative and creative technical industries.
Also, it's most often an issue for them when there are stories about/characters that are trans but the writer is not trans or they use actors that aren't trans.
In that case it is kind of an issue.

trannies literally do not exist outside of a vocal online contingent of male anime fans with autogynephelia

the way sick Hollywood kikes have been portraying it, everybody and their milkman is a tranny faggot, but that has no bearing in reality

the fact that this disgusting propaganda isn't penned by the trannies xirself shouldn't be so much of an issue. you should be glad there are plenty of hymies hard at work turning the rest of the country into faggots like you

>public representation > backstage representation

both are important but public eye and changing public opinion through exposure is more vital

you're still fucking retarded

That's because the left has pretty much taken over mass media. It's also why viewing figures are plummeting across the board.

>(((the left)))
it's not just politics as usual. Call it by its name

>i have never met one myself so they don't exist
and no wonder, i wouldn't want to meet you either

> It's also why viewing figures are plummeting across the board.
t. blatant ideology

*tips fedora*

God his wife is ugly

I don't live in a faggot country like America

If somebody here said "daddy Im a girl" nobody would take him seriously and they'd let him grow out of it. they certainly wouldn't pump him full of sterilizing hormones and call it "progress"

>writer is not trans
low iq identity politics shilling woman detected. please go back to facebook

writers aren't fucking dwarves or spidermen but why are they able to write those characters? why the fuck should we ever allow trans people to write or talk about straights since they possibly couldn't understand our intricate inner lives or sexual tendencies?

it's called empathy and imagination you worthless cretin, something white cis men have an abundance of since we've written every important piece of fiction for the latest parts of human history

Your country sounds based. More kids need to be told to quit their bullshit.

Yeah, you've absolutely never met one.
That is not how it works at all.
Trans people have to go through a lot of counselling and psychological evaluation first to make sure it's not something they'll just grow out of and make sure they are serious and understand the consequence of hormone therapy etc.

I'm the person you are responding to.
I certainly agree that people should be able to write about whoever - there was a recent article from an Australian women who suggested that a white person shouldn't have written from the perspective of a person of colour. I thought that was pretty dumb.

However, it is important that their portrayals are realistic and that's best done by someone with experience in that field.

Further, the argument goes that it's akin to white-washing - why is it that when straights write stories involving trans people they are successful but when trans write their own stories, they fail. I don't really agree with this argument because there are so many variables and correlation=/=causation.

>modern terms for made up bullshit
Literally these things have always existed, people have just lacked the courage to talk about it and the terms weren't defined.
You can't talk about x if you have no word for x.

Quite funny how women feel proud of being slaves (as if it means they have any kind of power), while people at the top of the food chain are literally always men

Also why does it matter if someone identities as something other than their sex, if it makes them happy/comfortable?

Does it impact on you, personally?

Are you scared you might accidentally flirt with a trans woman and your fragile masculinity will crumble?

Women are the ideal useful idiots for (((them)))

How can they be so fucking clueless is hilarious

Look at how empowered they are

No one is genderfluid. There's plenty of men that dress up like women on the weekends for comfort and fun and they're called transvestites. It's messing around with an already established...activity? Fetish? Escape? and trying to make it seem more special and snowflakey

everytime

always a coincidence

>Are you scared you might accidentally flirt with a trans woman and your fragile masculinity will crumble?
>Lel fragile male meme

99% of the things happening in the world dont impact me, that doesnt mean I cant see that it's bullshit.

>Actor
Congratulations, you got cast as a female in a world were females exist. What an accomplishment.

>Go back watch any pre-election footage that deals with african americans. 100% of it is "what are they gonna do for me?" "what are they gonna do for the black community?"
Disingenuous as hell. EVERYONE votes their own self interest, or at least what they think is in their own interest. Most of the country has devolved into single-issue voting. The Trump victory was owed to pandering to white identity politics.

>90% of political offices are held by white men: 30% of the population
>White identity politics fool white voters into believing "muh power been taken away by the blacks and browns, not the white corporations"

>Transvestites
My, is it 1950 already?

>hurr i'm a strong male
Why are you so angry about the idea then?

when black actors or actors minority complain about lack of diversity of roles

they are really complaining about lack of roles for them

they don't give a shit about anyone but themselves

>accidentally flirt with a trans woman

>My, is it 1950 already?
What are you talking about? Eddie Izzard is a famous transvestite. It's not an outdated term, these people exist.

>Why are you so angry about the idea then?
Yes, I'm clearly fuming with anger and not just casually posting my opinion on a Mongolian basket weaving forum.

>portrayals are realistic and that's best done by someone with experience in that field.
the only "portrayal" that is possible in a work of fiction is the portrayal of the author's world view. I'm sure someone with down's syndrome knows what it feels like to be a mong but I'd rather ask someone who has actively reflected upon it for answers.

you might be surprised to hear that white cis men are just as complex and varied as trans people and there are maybe even more variety among white cis men since they seem to genocide each other so often. the reason that you don't think it's weird that white men have the gall to write about other white men's inner lives is because you're fucking brain dead

>but when trans write their own stories, they fail.
because they're 0.01% of the population and not selectively bred for exceeding, they're just people with body dysmorphia. there's no reason for there being and good trans writers, statistically speaking.

couple this with victimhood culture and building your entire identity around being trans and you end up with many emotionally and intellectually stunted individuals who couldn't write the backside text of a cereal box.

Questioning quotas is a very dangerous thing.

If there's not "enough" [woman, black, etc.], then what is there "too much" of?

I never once said I don't think they have the gall.
I think they can, just their writing will likely lack the richness that comes with lived experience.

>Green oval
What did they mean by this?

I'll never understand why a Muslim mayor. Srsly, wtf

A city that has stood for thousands of years will fall to Islam without a single shot being fired.

>I don't understand why they need a black or woman James Bond.
Every time they start looking for a new bond this happens. They were floating Sharon Stone as a possibility before they settled on brosnan. I think they do it to generate discussion about the property.

I'm trying to explain to you that the ONLY richness in writing is YOUR OWN LIVED EXPERIENCE. get it through your thick skull.
a stone written by james joyce is infinitely more fascinating than the most truthful depiction of a trans person as written by shanelle trulyawoman.

>likely lack the richness
and I think trans people haven't written anything of value. there's nothing of artistic merit from the "trans community" that compares to the greatest of what the "white cis male" community has to offer

I dont know user... I she gave me solid diamonds in my pants in nutty professor

The rage in your post is why you are never taken seriously outside of your own safe circle. Also, stop defending that degeneracy. There might be kids reading this

>Muh 1k years
That's a fallacy

I remember Will Smith being mention before Craig was picked. I wouldnt mind if Bond was black but Jesus please dont make him played by an American.

Was established by the Romans.

You should take a trip to Thailand or South America. They have a huge trannie population. In thailand, trannies are part of almost every movie/tv series they make. Not in a "pushing an agenda" way though, they're just part of the story because they exist in the real world and are treated equally as good or bad characters depending.

Well, mostly in Thailaid, because South American movies/tv shows are not that good (there are some exeptions).

>How come women and minorities never complain about the lack of diversity in other aspects of film and television, such as cinematography, music, lighting, etc?

they do you dumb piece of shit. this whole thread is another circlejerk build upon strawmew by angry "anti-pc" edgy redditors

Because nobody actually sees those people, and actors only think about the fame and the money they'll get.

South American here. Tranny population isn't huge at all, it is more common among very poor people (and, still, it's far from common, just more frequent) and they are marginalized as fuck.

Because the people who get shit done, get it done.
The people who don't, complain.
They made it a race and gender issue because that's all they've got.

They don't. It's either acting, directing or writing.

>South American here.
Nah.

>since we've written every important piece of fiction for the latest parts of human history

I doubt you've done dogshit in life other than appropiating others' achievements for an anime imageboard argument

>a stone written by james joyce is infinitely more fascinating than the most truthful depiction of a trans person
doubtful.png
But futhermore, I'll make an analogy.
If I were to write a story about kayaking. I've never been kayaking. I've had a cursory glance at the encyclopedia entries for kayaking, but done no real research. Should I then continue with my story about kayaking? Probably not.
My story may still be okay or even good but would likely have been far better had it been written by someone with the relevant knowledge and experience to make it more realistic and truthful.
Similarly, if I tried to write about a gang of Scandinavian grandmas, it would probably come off as either inauthentic (using terms and doing things that do not match the reality) or lacking depth in the characterisation and story.

>Nothing of artistic merit
There are far, far fewer trans people and they've been allowed to be open about it (i.e. not shamed or killed) for a very small amount of history. Not really a fair comparison.

The same way women complain about a lack of diversity in well paid jobs but don't say fuck all about how male dominated the construction industry is for example.
Because it's hard and they don't want to do it.

I also made you mad. That's something.

You will henceforth be known by the minicker: Mads Maddy Madsen

But... they do complain and some do work in these kind of jobs. They've being doing it since the 60s.

I used too work at a textile mill after hs and it was hard fucking work and we had many women working with us.

In fact, it was the men who couldn't keep up and quit after a week most of the time. If I could have quit, I would have too. These 2 years fucked me up real good. I'm hard of hearing in my left ear and I have back pains all the time.

white people aren't

see
Specifically, point 2.

We also need to factor in that women have either been de facto or de jure banned from participating in a lot of industries, or at least made a lot harder to receive the same treatment, and even then in such industries are subject to harassment and unequal treatment.

>homocide
Killed by a homo?

American males get the US involved in war, men commit the majority of crimes (especially homocide), men are exclusively picked for the majority of industrial jobs. Pretty poor pic.

>The men at my factory make sexist jokes
>I got my legs blown off in Iraq
Muh harassment

Black males commit more crimes on average than whites, does that mean blacks cant complain about racism?

A woman couldn't work 9 hours on a building site, stacking and lifting bricks. That is absolute fact, whether you want to accept it or not.

becasue you see them

Except that I've worked with women who did just that. They looked the part though. They weren't stick thin princesses.

It's because everyone wants to be a star.

South American here. Can you tell me where are the trannies?

You are wrong and need to go out more

I'm not the one that started with the identity politics rhetoric. if there's a trans group that has a special place in art then there necessarily has to be a white cis male group. and naturally there has to be something incredibly magic about white cis males, since their achievements towers over all others

but we're not talking about kayaking, we're talking about human experience, empathy and imagination. the reason you zoom in on trans people is because you've learned that they have a place in the victimhood pyramid, you imagine that there is something special about body dysmorphia that makes it off limits for people that are higher up in the hierarchy. it's slave morality and you're setting up a currency of victimhood.

there are billions of people with lives you cannot fathom and it's scary for you to think of these people as something other than as representatives of their respective groups. if you did that you'd have to challenge yourself and think of these people as something other than objects for your own emotional masturbation, you'd have to think of them as whole human beings

because you want to feel in control you think that if a trans person writes about being trans you've gained some understanding of what it means to be a real person with true emotions.

"ah, a trans! I recognize this category because there's something about their existence which makes me feel pity and I'll mistake this for an emotional investment"

Where's your mom?