youtube.com/watch?v=NVxdO6M6rLk
youtube.com/watch?v=06o459Z59zE
youtube.com/watch?v=rFFlyNzvAeY
youtube.com/watch?v=xmqR93Us4SI
youtube.com/watch?v=2BCoZiSbGtY
clyp.it/urnnfzqr
clyp.it/s1dhz1eu
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I was going to post this pic first but xe is unrecognizable. I never would have expected Stanley to pull a Jenner. (Two-hands-on-the-board pioneer, btw.)

>electric/acoustic less than one month old, bought new
>pickup buzzing, amount of buzzing variable with pressure on saddle
I AM NOT PLEASED

bad solder from pickup to ground?

if you or a friend can solder this could be an easy fix

It's under warranty and my local Guitar Center is an authorizer warranty repair center. I'll mention that to the repair guy tomorrow, thanks.

good luck

still shitty that a new guitar would have that problem

Yeah, especially shitty because I'm in the middle of recording my first album and wanted to use that guitar on it.

How do you guys feel about practicing by only learning songs? I hate the thought of doing exercises besides down picking.

That's how I learned at first and I'm a badass now. At some point you're going to want to move on to improvisation and developing your own style, though.

learning songs a really great way to get good, a lot if not most learn this way. you have to be motivated over the long run tho

i didn't really understand your comment about down picking? down picking is really easy; getting good at alternate picking and hybrid picking will open up a whole new world of capability

>be me before I had a job
>knew a shit ton of songs
>got bored and wanted to buy amps and pedals and shit
>get job
>get pedals
>only know how to play two songs now because I've been working so much

inb4 midlife crisis, divorced, single room apartment, several gibsons with repaired broken headstocks, more tube screamers than beers in your fridge, a mesa boogie mark I, and playing in a cover band that plays events and weddings

that's me

i hope not, my dude

I mean that's gonna be me in 17(?) years. Midlife crisis start at 40 right?

everything in this post triggers me

>mesa boogie mark I which needs no TS
>TS when centaur klone exist
>not owning PRS for a complete carlos set up

consider my jimies rustled

cheers for the devil's post, not trying to rimi your justles

PRS for the Santana set up, sure i agree. in fairness tho, a lot of guys get that tone with the neck pick up of a reasonable LP with the tone knob backed off to about 7? forums say back off the volume also...

but yeah, still working my way between TS and klon clones, yet to decide

I've been playing the same '80s pop song for two days now. Guitaring the keyboard parts. Most fun I've had in a long while. Got me doing some satisfying improvs too. Walking in LA, btw.

Warren's double-neck.

Post your worship pedal boards.

actual gigging episode

klone->ocd->carbon copy; holy grail in loop

what's the point of double necks when they're both the same

different tunings

Showing off

So, I'm trying to learn to sing.
How come my voice sounds at least serviceable trough in ears but like absolute shit trough speakers?

vocaroo.com/i/s1ytorfPH6Zo

>I'm handsome, but I look horrendous.
Anyway, you don't sing bad at all (you have a good ear), but you need to learn how to sing from your diaphragm. You are stressing your throat too much.

Just had my Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster completely setup including fretwork. Also replaced the pots, installed a vintage fender bridge and a 4 way switch. This thing plays like butter.

FeelsGoodMan

They have been out for how long? And your fret were done?

Fretwork is never perfect even if fresh out of the factory, especially considering this guitar is made in China.

It looks beautiful m8

how much was it?

The guitar itself was 400 euros.

The complete setup including installing all the new parts cost me 200 euros, the parts itself were about 50 euros total.

This thing honestly plays better than a MIA now and sounds massive. All that for a total of 650 euros..

sounds like a good price. Enjoy it!

Hi there guitar thread

Could you recommend some intermediate-level guitar songs (any genre) for a sunday guitarist like me to learn?

>200 euros
Did he refret the neck?

lead or rhythm? What style?

Any style and any technique really, but preferably no classical guitar.
I'm trying to better my technique and broaden my musical culture.

No he did a setup and installed the parts.

Levelling frets, crowning frets, filing the nut, setting up the truss rod, setting up intonation, setting up proper action. All this along installing all the new components.

I'd say that's a very fair price.

Probably. I have no experience with luthiers except when I had to set up an acoustic guitar that I bought used.
Went to a weird old man that had a workshop in his house because a good friend of mine pointed me to him and he filed my nut and saddle, adjusted the truss rod and change my strings all for 30€

check jerry reed and chet atkins.

Question.
Is there a bass equivalent of the '57-'60 Gibson Les Paul?
Is there a specific model of bass guitar, even a vintage year or years, that is more sought after than anything else, and that players and collectors GAS over and would seek out immediately if they ever got filthy rich?

If I had to guess, I'd assume the Rickenbacker 4001, but I honestly have no idea.

I'm on a workday and my lunch break is practically up so I'm going to have to piss off, but I'll refresh later and would appreciate input.

That sexy tone and chord voicings

youtube.com/watch?v=FwJQ2pOMQ4s

iktfb. work zaps my time and energy and i feel like i'm wasting money on my gear

1962 jazz/p bass

youtube.com/watch?v=NVxdO6M6rLk

Is that Jens Johansson on keyboards?

Anyone know some good funk songs to practice bass fills with? Talking something like Funky town, Redbone, Heart of Glass, songs with that 5-7 3-5 type thing.

user is not a faggot.

Give us a better shot of that wood grain.

how do people here fill out songs? I have a load of stuff that sounds neat as an intro or a main bit but then can't work out anywhere to go with it.

>All the electricfags ITT
youtube.com/watch?v=06o459Z59zE

There comes a time when I have so many separate riff ideas that I join them into a single song, those are usually the thrashier btw

Chords for this songs?
The whole internet says Em G, but they are wrong
Can't find a damn live where magnum plays this

youtube.com/watch?v=rFFlyNzvAeY

Sounds like G then E minor to me... Are you sure you're not playing them in the wrong order?

Interesting. Is that mainly because of collectible appeal, or do bassists believe in all the superstitious voodoo mojo tonez that guitarists do when it comes to the old LPs?

I think it's the same as Les Pauls. Since Jaco played one they're considered to be legendary for no real reason that has to do with the instrument quality

He's so good. So fucking good.

Interesting. I guess there really is no sense in these. I don't know why I was expecting any different with bass guitars, but I honestly thought bassists would prefer a PJ, thunderbird or rickenbacker over a standard P or J.

I think it's a great way to improve the musicality of your playing, but if you only do that, you tend to have holes and mind blanks all over the fretboard, where you can play something cool in one position, but if you try to go somewhere else it sounds like shit.

I have some of this guy's instructional material, and it really puts me to sleep when I try to watch it, but he's a phenomenal player.

I tried working through one of his books, too, but some of the fingerings feel really outrageous. Better grin and bear it and try again, I guess.

Kek
This is the true GOAT though. Discontinued of course.

Here you've got some more nylon mastery
youtube.com/watch?v=xmqR93Us4SI
youtube.com/watch?v=2BCoZiSbGtY

should i go for a mim tele or a j mascis jazzmaster for the $400 range. or is there something better at that price i can get more out of

klon is a booster tho

>True Goat
>available all day long on Reverb for 200 bucks

I had one of those
I did so much shit to it that everythings gone onto other guitars or sold off of in the dumpster

I ruined a really good guitar
it was such a good guitar bone stock

I'm starting to fall for those guitar is a shit tier instrument memes, feelsbadman

>the best kit has to be exclusive, expensive and hard to find for me to consider it "good"
suck a fat chode loser.

You are literally the only person in history that likes the mesa v twin

I'm not even that user. I don't massively like the V Twin but it's not that shit, I just didn't like your reasoning.

For the record, I think pic related is extremely under-rated.

What's the first and last pedal in this loop do? Can't tell from pic

check out Lenny Breau

You sound like me honestly. And I have the same problem

>tfw tendonitis
>have to stop playing or I'll get a triggerfinger
fuck

Looks nice.

Noob question but what's a quick rundown on the difference between strats and teles? Is it night and day?

the masf possessed is a glitch/stutter pedal.
the other one looks like it might be a 4ms swash clone. don't really understand it, think it's kinda like an oscillating fuzz type thing, you know, the really uncontrollable ones like a dwarfcraft.

so you've got an oscillating fuzz into a digital reverb with nonlinear capabilities, into a granular delay, into a stutter/glitch pedal, basically that user is just making noise.

Teles aren't as comfortable
no tremolo
similar pickups but telecasters sound a little bit twangier, neck sound on strats is a little thicker sounding and the neck pickup on teles is a little more mellow
teles have a bit more biting character in the sound

>5-7 3-5 type thing

Rundown?

That vigier is a really sweet guitar

Yeah that's what the guitar store guy basically said.

What does /gg/ think of these? I'm thinking of getting the strat but it will take me a couple months to save up. The fingerboard is ebony. I don't even have an electric guitar right now but I recently got a fender twin reverb 65 reissue

Can't wait to play it

fuckin hideous and really overpriced

you can get one of the 52, 58, 64 AVRI Teles for like 1200 used on Reverb and they look really good

quilted/flame tops are disgusting desu
If you buy one of those now, you would struggle to sell it for 700 in a year when you realize how gross it is

>magnum

see
This is correct.
>basically that user is just making noise.

More or less.

clyp.it/urnnfzqr

clyp.it/s1dhz1eu

What do you mean by quilted/flame tops? Which finish would you buy if you were getting a strat? I actually dig the one from the pic but I also like this white one.

wow, that's mad. what setting/s do you have the bigsky on in those clips?

Oops I meant to post a rosewood one actually, but you get the point. The pickgaurd is neat

WTF? Did he "Transition"?

A filler that was popular in the 70s. A5 G7, A3 G5.

I think it's the shimmer setting with a 5th above and a octave below

What's up with the skips and repeats? I kept almost getting into it but then the skip stuff was distracting. Sounded like a YouTube poop that got turned into a song

That's the glitch pedal. I like it, takes a bit getting used to I guess. I like using the skipping sound and making it semi-rhythmic.

noice

oh cool. you've got a really long decay on it too.
I just assumed since all of your other pedals were noise based that you'd be messing with a nonlinear reverb like reverse or gated. have you ever given them a go to see how they fit in your rig?

personally if I wanted to do something noisy/glitchy, I'd run a dwarfcraft the great destroyer into a reverb... I'd cheap out on the reverb, if I didn't already have a HardWire RV-7, I'd get a Polaris or a Hall of Fame. Probably a Hall of Fame. then into an el capistan with the wow & flutter and tape crackle dimed, but without much tape age, and then into a malekko Charlie Foxtrot which is one of the best granular pedals imo.

that's the glitch/granular pedals.

I know them pretty well. I don't like Tomatito, though. He has been playing the same buleria's falseta the las 20 years. His alegrías are very good.
Lenny Breau is good playing a nylon string guitar, but his "flamenco" is really a watered down paso doble.
yes, she did.

i like this. a lot. especially once you get in the groove with the glitch. some Jan Jelinek / Loscil type shit.

>based that you'd be messing with a nonlinear reverb like reverse or gated. have you ever given them a go to see how they fit in your rig?

yeah I use most of the settings, just depends on what I'm feeling at the moment. That's what's great about the Bigsky it has so many options that are easily tweakable on the fly that makes it so efficient for improvisation. The non-linear reverbs on here are great, especially useful for Rhythmic stuff.

This came in today

looks sweet
congrats man

Just play a piano ffs