Why do we have drums in music?

Why do we have drums in music?

Other urls found in this thread:

open.spotify.com/track/1wFX1LeLO1bMpYrVIk3GAc
open.spotify.com/track/2u5woInaGB7YASEd1CwGBJ
youtube.com/watch?v=u0cS1FaKPWY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because they sound good.

I'm not a musician but for me drums seems to signify time.

I have listened to unplugged versions of many songs where they only play instruments like guitar and piano, and I have to say I like those versions, without the drums, way more than the original with drums.

How?

>the absolute state of Sup Forums

You probably have a poor sense of rhythm and enjoy melody and harmony more. Also rock drums usually suck dick.

only shit music signifies.

>low bpm classical soyboy

>Also rock drums usually suck dick.
that's a fact

Drums are like the whispers of the Earth.

>when a song has good percussion

open.spotify.com/track/1wFX1LeLO1bMpYrVIk3GAc

open.spotify.com/track/2u5woInaGB7YASEd1CwGBJ

ineffectual.

Did you really just link me to fucking Spotify?

I hate youtube links.

It's an extremely unserious fringe opinion

>when you get into jazz and look back at rock

This is broad filled with

Devices
Retards
Use
Manically

>device

okay

bump

African (and later specifically African-Anerican) influence, mostly. The percussion instruments themselves are of European origin (snare drums being a very classic marching instrument), but the use of looping rhythmic percussion and variations over it is a very African thing that fused with European music in America, hence ragtime and later jazz, electric blues, rhythm 'n' blues, rock, funk...

cause white boys can't keep time

>B-BECUZ DEY SOUN GUD
>BDUM BDUM I LUB DRUUUMBZ))))

youtube.com/watch?v=u0cS1FaKPWY
They literally make everything better
Music without drums is borderline unlistenable

Easy way for listeners and performers to keep time.

DON"T hate user! *hugs you* This isn't the time to hate, don'tcha know? *sqweezes you* This time of year, is the perfect time to really feel some love! *squeezes you harder* You know, uh, user, I actually really quite like holding you here. *Gets erection* Well, heh heh. *unzips dick.* Maybe, it's time I show you some REAL loving. *Dong inflates* HERE WE GO, LET"S HAVE A FUN OLD TIME! YIPPIE! *Instantly sprays goo from donger all over you.* Welp. That's all, I suppose. *Drops you to floor.* Though I have to warn you, you do in fact have aids now. *Snickers* Or I guess I should say. *Snickers Louder.* Gayids!

>

this is the most homosexual gif I have ever seen
also
>tumblr

If music was a sandwich, then drums would be the bread. They hold that shit together.

To keep low test stupid niggers like OP away

>drums
>keep niggers away
user...

kek