The hate on Star Trek Discovery

People cry because of the ship's look

People cry because it's not January release anymore but May

People cry because it's CBS All Access

People cry because fuller "left"

>The ship looks cool to me
>May release, who care??
>CBS? 24 hrs later on Netflix for 188 countries
>Fuller is BUSY with some series, it happens!

Can people just only cry over stuff?
Am I the only one to be happy to see a new Star trek?
Am I the only one able to wait and see, before judging something? A lot of you just sinked the whole project before it even aired.

What if the show is pure fun?
What if the show has cool and well made characters and interesting stories, and engaging screenplay?

Will you care, in such scenario, that the show aired 4 month later, that the ship is brown and not silver, that the dude writing is called Johnson instead of Fuller, and on which channel are you watching this?
No, you will not give a fuck about all that.
So why give a fuck about that now?

Just wait and see!

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/star-trek-discovery-woman-captain-916866
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I still don't understand why they haven't cured gayness in the 24th century

Because in the idealistic settings where Star Trek is set, the society on Earth cured your racism.

So it's not needed.

But according to gays, gayness is a birth defect. Wouldn't future medicine eliminate all birth defects?

>fuller dreams of running a trek series for years and its his dream job
>leaves before it even airs

nothing to see here folks

i had no idea gay was a race

this isn't shaping up well at all.

I just hate the fucking fact that it's set before TOS.

With all the available potential to create a good post Dominion War setting, they just fucked it up.

I wouldn't care too much about the ugly ass ship, it was just a model, it's final design will probably change a lot. I just hope it isnt a Miranda-class destroyer.

I hope this new series settles down some issues like how money works in ST or why is the Federation so Earth centric.

>leaves before it even airs
Retarded statement.
He is not leaving anything, he wasn't able to join, in the first place.
Fuller is doing a series already, and this show is starting in a time where he is contractual forced to proceed with that series.
He accepted to help on Discovery in a rush, without thinking that following 2 projects at the same time would have been to much for him. But now he dropped simply beacuse of that.
He is BUSY and can't leave for contract.
Things like that happens.

What the hell is your problem with gay people? You sound like a closeted homosexual who hates himself and takes out all his self loathing on other people who are happy being who they are.

>set before TOS

Fucking why? Just so they could say there was a female captain before Kirk?
At this rate, the series will barely last a season.

And it will be on kodi the same time as CBS

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

SJW Trek

hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/star-trek-discovery-woman-captain-916866

People complaining about homosexuals in Star Trek like the best "couple" in the entire franchise wasn't made up of two dudes.

well if it's genetic then technically there's a "cure".

>SJW Trek

You've never watched any Star Trek before, have you?

>What if the show is pure fun?
that's what I'm worried about the most you retard!
but I bet the DS9 faggot crew on Sup Forums will like it.

I only have a problem with gays in the 24th century

Explain why person who I assume is Future Mike Pence.

"SJW" elements in star trek have existed for years, but they haven't ever been the overall focus.

It should be a sci-fi show primarily

I don't understand why this particular birth defect wasn't cured by future medicine

you know the whole eugenics war bullshit is just so gays and retards like bashir and blind geordi can run around right?

in DS9 they fully switch Quark's sex to an undetectable level. So you could literally choose to be gay or not. In effect they have cured straightness

sexuality is a meme and has nothing to do with genes

Idk. i don't have high hopes for the show I think it's gonna be shit. But we'll see

But the gays claim that they were "born this way"

You know how some people are born liking vanilla but they don't like the flavor of pistachio? Well some people are born liking dicks, but they don't like the flavor of vaginas.

confirmed girl or for never having a best friend
it's obvious it's a no-homo relationship

na that's not how it works

what happens is that various factors during childhood and teenage years shape them as an individual, and you also have the element of chaos where people like to rebel from their parents to be different
these days a common thing is being gay

it's not a conscious decision, and it's not something you're born with

sexuality is a meme

>these days a common thing is being gay
only in liberal western democracies tho

Bashir and O'Brien are a no-homo relationship. Bashir and Garak were almost full on homo then Berman stepped in.

it happens everywhere
most people just keep quiet about it because of self-preservation

DS9 was boring.

Nothing going on in this scene can be described as straight.

>shenzhou

>that brief half-second where he stares directly at the camera

>I'm crying about what people think about the ship
>I'm crying about people crying about the release date
>I'm crying about the crying over the delivery
>why are people allowed to have opinions
>why can't they keep it to themselves
>why are they allowed to cry?

user...

>its both not genetic and not a choice.
i love mental gymnastic.

it's not a conscious decision that you make

But it's canon that all mental illness is cured by TOS.

He is literally perfect.

Homosexuality hasn't been classified as a mental illness since 1974.

due to gay lobbying

Sup Forums lost all credibility about social issues in Star Trek after Gay Sulu became Sup Forums's #1 complaint about Beyond.

I know you can't stand it, I know they planned it, but I'm gonna set it straight: That movie was hugely flawed, but a simple, subtle, 2-second scene with Sulu was NOT one of those flaws.

no its the communists.

he want to put it "straight" in the ass

gotcha

It's retarded because the last episode of tos clearly states that women are banned from being starship captains.

That's the entire motivation for the episodes villain.

Them announcing a woman captain is spitting on Star Trek to pander to the sjw crowd. This is not Star Trek.

All that gay lobbying going on and they still can't get married. Worst lobbyists ever.

Like Stalin who persecuted gays and jews.

An insane woman stated that. Don't take everything she says so seriously.

We already had female captains in Enterprise.

people hate criminals but they have no issue with them being in enemy countries.

Clearly you haven't ever watched an episode. Star Trek is egalitarian, not sjw.

No, Kirk said that.

Your head canon and a lacklustre prequels attempts at retcons doesn't change a thing.

Does seeing a gay character or a female captain violate your sense of egalitarianism?

Aaaayyy you got me.

Japanese shaved pussy, liutenant.
Now back to the console, please.

female captains are fine

but if the captain is openly gay and makes being gay a large part of their character, it's just dumb pandering

>but if the captain is openly gay and makes being gay a large part of their character, it's just dumb pandering
The captain is not openly gay.

You can stop complaining now.

I don't care if a dude have eight dicks up they ass as long as nobody is a Space Native American or turning into a fucking salamander.

how do we know this?
have you seen the show?
or is this just speculative rumours?

Woman no because that is egalitarian, like a Japanese helmsman or black captain.

Gays are not canon for reasons previously given.

What they have been doing however has been full sjw. The only thing they have announced is that there is a chink captain that is a stronk womyn.
A black "main character" who is a stronk womyn.
A canon breaking faggot character who is a stronk womyn.

And they have been so self congratulatory about it too in that vile smug liberal way.

When that is literally all they have gone on about for the entire length of the project it is firmly in the sjw category, a first for the franchise.

No, Janice said that.

>not liking Enterprise
Go back to /r/StarTrek cadet.

The gay character is science officer Lieutenant Stamets, played by Anthony Rapp, not the captain.

>implying odos orgy link wasnt massively gay.

>A canon breaking faggot character who is a stronk womyn.
The gay character is a man.

Not that the facts matter to you. You will make any claim in order to fit your agenda. Oh well.

Captain. I recommend a full spread of torpedoes!

Belay that order!

The Romulan ship has sustained heavy damage!

Kirk said that women aren't cut out for the world of starship captains.
>Doesn't know a thing about TOS
>Likes ENT

You have to go back.

Rape Squad, meet me in the transporter room.

It was a joke, you cocksucker.

But don't let things like canon or facts get in the way of you pushing your political agenda.

>self preservation
Unless they are in Russia or the middle east that's bullshit. Gays are a extreme minority.

Reporting in! Are we beaming down to the planet of children?

>You have to go back.
Where?

/trek/ likes Enterprise, /r/StarTrek is the place that doesn't.

Friendly reminder that Dukat did nothing wrong.

Do Changelings even have a gender? Do Trill? Do Vorta? Tell me about their sexual organs.

They can't get married in only a few countries. Of course most of the countries where they can't get married they'd be killed for being gay.

>Gays are a extreme minority.
Openly gay*

I read it in his fucking voice.

Die Neelix, you paedophile bastard.

Changelings had to reproduce before they evolved into goo, most likely while they were still seeding the galaxy with life.

The Vorta very clearly have two genders and the women have some sort of Dragonball Z energy blasts.

Trill hosts have two genders, the slugs probably do too.

>the slugs probably do too.
I have seen nothing to indicate this.

They all come from the planet faggot just like OP.

The memes were true.

I can't wait to be old and not give a fuck anymore.

I always like to think Ferengi dicks look like echinda penises and they are those stubby orange things with four heads. I also like to think Chakotay has a matching tattoo on his chode.

But yeah since the Vorta were made I assumed they wouldn't be able to reproduce and the Founders wanted to be able to control how many there are in the galaxy like a Jurassic Park type thing.

I'm thinking in the broadest possible sense.

They are alive therefore must reproduce. Earth slugs have two genders and fuck in a weird display where they corkscrew each other.

But the only brain parasite on a level above virus or fungus that we know about is that one worm. Worms reproduce through a cloud of spores so I suppose that would be a better answer.

>tfw you can't enjoy Star Trek anymore because there are only like fifteen or so good episodes throughout all the series and promotes Space Communism

Earth slugs are hermaphrodites.

John Johnson=cuck

>But yeah since the Vorta were made
were they from scratch? Or they're just a modification of a previously existing specie?
I though it's the latter.

why don't they just clone changelings?

I mean either way after you go through all the trouble of fucking around with their DNA wouldn't you still want to have complete control over them and how many there are?

Yeah I wodered about the Vorta thing too. They evolved instead of being created so they have two genders and we have seen both.

But as they are currently cloned are they cloned infertile or was that one female only made because women get more sympathy, making her infiltrator role easier.

But then we know that each clone gets a numerically increased name and Weyouns wasn't even up to ten, so where did the first come from if he wasn't just yet another copy?

Maybe they reproduce normally and only the best keep on living through cloning, a reward for loyal service as it were.

Why did they pair Worf and Dax? They have zero chemistry. I cringe every time.

>tfw that qt Vorta only appears in one episode

They had good chemistry since their very first scene together.

You weren't shipping her with Bashir, were you?

Then explain the Great Grey and Leopard slugs.

They corkscrew fuck eachother to exchange sperm from their corkscrew penises. They are one gender yes, but do require genetic material from a mate.