Best hard sci-fi kinos

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_science_fiction#Films
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Primer is a pretty bad movie, it's only popular because it so 'le hard to understand'

i actually intended for this to be a (you) thread but then i saw that primer was listed as hard sci-fi on wikipedia
i thought hard sci-fi wasn't non-realistic stuff :/

it is terrible

yeah fuck gayass primer, i fucking love looper, joseph gordon levitt is fuckin edgy n just like me!!!

butthurt mad u couldn't understand primer?

maybe leddit is more for u

how autistic are you

You can have a hard sci fi with interstellar FTL travel, you just need to fumble an explaination for it that doesn't explicitly break the laws of physics.

Have watched many times and enjoyed

>plebmer or any work by shane reddit carruth
>kino

how autistic are U is the real question

Interstellar is good, fuck the haters

Please, Carruth is a top tier pleb filter. I'm not even a huge fan of Primer, but Upstream Color is phenomenal, and A Topiary would be even better

>literally "no u"

it's still science FICTION, it just adheres more closely to our current understanding of science and tries to present a reasonable explanation for the fictional elements

Can we actually talk about the movie? At what point do you think aaron first used the failsafe? I always felt it was after the phone incident when they realize fucking with causality doesn't matter.

Why ain't Star Trek hard sci-fi? They provide explanation of pmt everything
Is it muh aliens? (because somehow aliens make less sense than time travel)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_science_fiction#Films
Blade Runner having shit like hovering cars
The Expanse
baka shit doesn't add up

You are really dumb

ITT: Movies Sup Forums tricked you into watching

Ten thousand cuts a minute, a very complicated plot, and obnoxious acting by 2 of the most pretentious douchebags in the world does not make a good movie. He is a very dedicated, but untalented person, who has somehow tricked many into thinking he's a genius. Both the movies are the definition of substance over style. I mean I still don't think UC is terrible, maybe a 6/10, and primer is completely garbage imo, but this guy is definitely not a serious director.

>Hard Sci-Fi
>Time Travel

Nah

>be me
>first time on Sup Forums in May 2009
>my very first thread is asking for time travel movies
>everyone recommends Primer
>watch it and bored out of my mind in just the very first 20 minutes
>make thread saying Primer is the worst movie I've ever seen
>try hards lose their shit and tell me I'm just too retarded to understand it
>realize ever since I was trolled into watching it as a initiation into the autistic world of Sup Forums

Good times

i didn't really like it

>substance over style
> having substance makes a film pretentious

Wur

Star Trek has always had soft sci-fi elements from reality warpers to literally gods living in Wormholes

The only people who like Primer are either the tryhards who will convince themselves and others that garbage is good as long as it's complicated and those who have never read a single time travel novel in their life.

There is nothing new in Primer, it's garbage that "intelligent" people like to namedrop so they can discuss a plot done to death in sci-fi literature.

Notice no mention of the technical aspect of the film here, because it is objectively garbage on screen. From the audio which he couldn't even be bothered to balance and enhance to the absolute garbage-tier shots, it's like it was made by a 10 year old.

you start

primer a comfy

>Primer
>Hard sci-fi

This has to be a joke

Primer is shit.
If you want to watch a good hard sci-fi about time travel watch Sum of Histories

and its not even popular

>le "I'm so smart that I understand this movie here let me explain what happens" the movie

sum of histories better be good or im not trusting your recommendations again pal.

Retards like you belong on reddit

>trusting Sup Forums recommendations EVER

You won't regret it

>he is going to watch another debut film about time travelling
>it will be different this time

You can't blame Sup Forums

What about Timecrimes (2007)? Anyone know if it's any good?

Bullshit.

If your sci-fi movie needs a massive timeline to explain whats happening, then you're having having issues.

>but you're supposed to watch it multiple times to appreciate it

Why would I waste my time. It just gets too masturbatory at some point.

It's fantastic. More accessible than Primer for sure

It's good, time travel kino.

Sounds like you are just too stupid to get it.

Sounds like you are just too stupid to get it.

It's not backwards time travel, you pathetic fucking moron. Traveling FORWARD in time is what everyone is doing right now. In the movie they just vary the rate, consistent with physics.

>If your sci-fi movie needs a massive timeline to explain whats happening, then you're having having issues.

Low IQ much?

Its a worthless movie who's only source of entertainment is trying to understand its Rubick's cube of a plot. I'd much rather watch Memento because it was actually about something, while being fun to figure out when things are happening.

Thats right, Carruth is worse than the Nolans and their ebin twists