What was the first album that got you into albums?

>What was the first album that got you into albums?

>And how did you discover this album?

My first album listening experience came from Daft Punk's Discovery. I found out about this album when I was 9, and watching a bunch of Ed, Edd, N Eddy AMVs on Youtube. I got to the One More Time
AMV, and I got hooked to Daft Punk. Eventually, I listened to the entirety of Discovery.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VR3i4oKxQzg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Tsundere red waifu

This might be a bit embarrassing, but my first album was Nelly Furtado's Loose. I got into it after an ex girlfriend left the CD in her car. After that, I got into albums. Before Loose, I only listened to Greatest Hits or other compiliation CDs (which I no longer count as actual albums)

Found it in my dad's CD collection, got curious because I liked Spoonman and Black Hole Sun.
Now it's one of my favorite albums of all time.
RIP Chris Cornell.

youtu.be/VR3i4oKxQzg
Was this the video?

I think it was. Thanks for showing me, pal

Rubber Soul. I had a huge Beatles phase as a kid, so my mom gave me the album as a Christmas present

>Ed, Edd, N Eddy AMVs

who is this cum slut

Fucking Meteora

nelly furtado has some good songs under her belt

those were the days

Probably Kill 'Em All, I downloaded a bunch of my dad's music on my shitty ipod the night before my first day of sixth grade. Kind of got me to look for other albums, mostly stuff from the big thrash metal bands of the 80's, then later moved to punk.

fucking same

Buffalo Wing from Long Gone Gulch

wait are you me?

It's the best Canadian animu

Probably Undertow by Tool.

Me too

Thanks, Sup Forums

Might just be mine as well

Combat Rock by the Clash

I was browsing through youtube trying to find a good quality version of Straight to Hell, and the album title and art made me curious. Usually when I like enough songs by an artist I'll discography them and exhaust all their works sorting for the good bits to keep. Combat Rock was maybe the very first time that not only did I not get the urge to skip a single song (Should I Stay or Should I Go later on, but it's still bearable) but that the entire experience was more complete listening to the album start to finish. Just the right amount of variety and thematic shift song from song, and they are all solid, even the 2radiofriendly4me track.

Honorable mention to Nocturne by Wild Nothing which I just can't stop listening to (that said it grates that the worst song is right in between the two best ones) and War of Worlds, which is the closest I got to wanting to listen an album back to back when I was a child.

I remember scoffing at Steven Wilson insisting on full album listens, but I get it now. I still won't listen to his albums front to back though lol.

Classics by Ratatat
Heard Wildcat in a snowboarding video and it hooked me in, I had to know more.

Late Registration

Based. Interstellar 5555 tricked me into listening to a whole album.
there were 2 ratatat tracks in a basketball game I used to play that's how I discovered them.

Pretty sure that Daft Punk - Discovery was the first album I listened to as well but it was through wtaching Interstella 5555. My sister showed it to me one day because she knew I liked anime and I liked the music because it sounded similar to Stardust - Music Sounds Better With You (I had no idea the two were related, I was around 12 at this time).

Until that point, I only listened to nu-metal bands, but this album opened my eyes to experimental and industrial music.

Demon Days.
Humanz sucks but Gorillaz are the perfect gateway band to get kids into music

It was after my mom let me have her old CD player. I used to listen to burned mixed CDs and they really got me into music but I found a CD of pic related in a stack of video games st my sister's house. It was the first full album I'd ever listened to.

Where the fuck is that from?

I was in my edgy phase (although I think it was justified) and I really clicked with the first song on the album.

I'm not sure how I found it, I think I either had a friend tell me about Tyler or I found it on YouTube.

Time by Electric Light Orchestra, after hearing Twilight in the Daicon IV animation

>being so underage and autistic you literally discover the concept of albums through YouTube AMVs

It was 2009 when I discovered it, nigga

Not him but unironically anime openings were some of the first sings I ever heard that made me interested in music. Other than Micheal Jackson.

I want to fuck that drawing

woah fucking same dude tyler was the start of my descent into more underground music
yes my nigga

fuck modern life

i was a poprock/dadrock faggot before this and i still love it