I've seen elementary schools with a better security lockdown than Westworld

I've seen elementary schools with a better security lockdown than Westworld.

Everything was a set-up from Ford, pham. He needed Maeve to clear the security so they couldn't intervene at the dinner party.

Ford didn't control how mind numbingly retarded the security force was. They literally pointed their guns at them numerous times for seconds on end and didn't shoot. And when they did, they missed horribly.

And why is the security force for a massive expensive park so ridiculously small? There were like 10 guys.

>Crazy blonde chick gets her arm stuck in the door
>Security slowly moves in
>She can't get loose
>They close in
>CEASE ALL MOTOR FUNCTIONS!
>DISENGAGE!!
>She starts cutting off her arm
>They are close enough to see this
>STOP ALL ACTIVITY!
>DISABLE YOUR INTERNAL OS
>UNPLUG ALL USB DRIVES
>She keeps cutting
>They are just standing there pointing their guns at her.

No, just.. fucking shoot her already you cunts.

Those security tards better be hosts that were programmed to let her escape, or someone should get fired for this.

well thats a given since youre american and live each day in a fear of another shooting

I love the series to death, but I shouted "come the fuck on" when all the guards rolled in without firing a single fucking shot.

It was such a fucking shit season after the first two episodes. Fuck myself for watching it all.

this
dubs for truth

ya.....

>hosts have guns going around killing everyone
>"s-stop"
>get shot up
>next group comes in and in stormtrooper fashion miss every single shot with a full auto smg
>"c-cease motor functions"
>get shot again

they are basically the Jurassic World security team.

>lets just sit here and hope these tiny raptors engage this enormous dinosaur that they'd probably have no chance against while we sit here with our weapons and watch the two communicate

This made me rage

>~30 security guards with hi-tech guns get wrecked hard by two edgy cowboys
AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA FUCK YOU NOLAN

>ya.....

The point I was referring to was when the guards entered the room while her arm/gun was pointing out to the corridor.

There was no way she could have turned around and shot them, they clearly saw that she was stuck and her only free arm was empty. (till she got the knife and started cutting)

at this point they could have just pumped her full of lead and ended the dangerous situation.

Can't tell if Xerxes is balding or just a really big forehead

>And why is the security force for a massive expensive park so ridiculously small? There were like 10 guys.

Up until this episode, there was 1 guy and 1 very short girl.

To be fair, in Jurassic World they were all well aware that the giant dinosaur had wiped out like 20 guys by itself. You can't blame them for hesitating. But in Westworld? These are human-sized things doing humanly possible things. Just shoot them ffs

yeah this was so stupid. plus she was so smug and full of herself the whole time. bitch you're up against people who literally are not trying to kill you

Yes, yes. A huge amount of this show is laughably implausible plot contrivance. Virtually all of Maeve's storyline is laughably unlikely given any level of competent security oversight.

Back to Sup Forums

I imagine Security was under some kind of threat that the robots are expensive and damaging them can mean docking or termination, and however ridiculous that might be in a life or death situation it was still enough to make them hesitate in the crucial moment.

Maeve was another attempt to smuggle information out of the facility.

man the robots get smashed up literally every day

Did they try turning it off and back on again?

Why would they build the robots to be super strong? They're all made of plastic. Considering their purpose is to get rekt by the guest, wouldn't they make them weak? Or at most, the same level of strength as a normal person?

I must have alt tabbed during that part, what time was it?

>Be me Korean smarty pants
>Get job fixing expensive as fuck robots
>One becomes sentient
>Tells me it will tell everybody I once groped its titties
>Better help it escape so it can usher in a new era of robotic overlords.

By people who pay loads to do it.

post credits scene

They weren't programmed to shoot.

Don't make excuses for garbage writing. If a robot was killing people top priority would be to destroy it. They'll lose far more money, or be shut down, if word of that got out then the cost to replace a robot which they do every day.

Name my band Sup Forums

That didn't happen though. The guards came in, she was still stuck they close in on her and she starts cutting her hand off.
Obviously the guards could've shot the fuck out of her before it happened but they basically just stood there. And what we assume is that she took them out with the knife.

The cease motor functions bullshit didn't happen when she was trapped

>Be me
>get drill up the nose after killing some people
>forever ruined
>so sad
>poor Clementine, forever dead.
>still shoot MIB in the arm at the end

At the end you clearly see a lot of guards moving in, and even one standing right next to her just pissing his pants not even trying to shoot.

The entire scene tried very hard to make her seem like some unkillable Terminator (muh strong womyn) but just ended up making everybody look like an untrained dumbass.

>And why is the security force for a massive expensive park so ridiculously small? There were like 10 guys.
Because it's a park. Do you think Disney land has enough soldiers to fight off an uprising? The guns are just to control the occasional malfunctioning robot. These were robots that were programmed to rebel, they had no plan for that.

>a lot
And two of them go a different direction. Yes that one guard is retarded I agree

now we get more snek boobs in season 2

>there's no remote shutdown command in case of an emergency

So what if the robot is deaf or covers it ears?

If they weren't programmed to shoot, why bother carrying guns with live ammo as opposed to park simmunition?

Ford had no way to ensure that the techs Maeve was assigned to were this grossly incompetent.

I simply cannot understand this character, there's no way such an omega lord is capable of leaving his home, let alone getting a job in DELOS, which is probably one of the top IT/Tech companies out there

Ford knows everything that happened in there, he says so several times. He had to have know about the weird guys fucking the host. He could have made Maeve use that to blackmail them.

The security lockdown Maeve scenes were definitely stupid for all the reasons people have been pointing out, but ultimately it's just a nitpick and not a real plot hole.

Not implying there aren't other plot holes worth complaining about in Westworld though.

The real world does not exist anymore, everybody got nuked. Westworld is completely run by hosts who have a small plant offsite where they create/mod other hosts into visitors. final episode will show Maeve escaping from the park and seeing a destroyed world. only to look smug and look at her daughter and say "lets build our own world now."

>security measures for some reason cut the power to the control center the second something happens
>there's no console command to "kill all robutz" that can be used to identify and eliminate the unneeded/dangerous hosts

Don't tell me that Ford programmed fucking everything in this park and no one revised the code
Don't tell me nobody noticed how dozens if not hundreds of robots left the place from their freezer rooms below
Don't tell me that security guard WILL NOT SHOOT even if they are in direct confrontation with the enemy.

And why the fuck are those 2 are such good killers? "Hurr durr, they are bandits", so fucking what. Why modern PMCs they've hired are so undertrained and stupid?

>And why the fuck are those 2 are such good killers? "Hurr durr, they are bandits"
They are robots. They can do things with speed and precision and they are stronger. That part they got right.

And when did Xerxes shoulders get so narrow.