Ticket to Ride - The Beatles

Apparently (according to Lennon) this was the first ever Heavy Rock/Metal tune!

I disagree.

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

www*myrsten*nu/worldnet/beatlesongs.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

he just wanted to shit on Paul since "Helter Skelter" is actually the first hard rock/metal song

DID YOU KNOW its actually Ticket to Rye

source.

>mfw
TVU beat them imo, but the Beatles popularized it.

It was a really innovative song, but probably not metal.

Beatles never innovated shit unless you refer to George Martin's work. All they ever did was bring it to their mainstream audience, which I guess is a feat in it's own right.

>Beatles never innovated shit unless you refer to George Martin's work. All they ever did was bring it to their mainstream audience, which I guess is a feat in it's own right.

>what is "Rubber Soul", "Revolver"
Sgt. Pepper's was Pet Sounds competitor, but Rubber Soul and Revolver were truly innovative albums.

It's a really good song. Was one of the only good bits about Help! and foreshadowed The Beatles actually writing great music.

Almost 60 years later and you still choose to be salty.

help is great stfu

>You Really Got Me exists
>All Day and All of the Night exists

Try again, Lennon.

-Act Naturally
-You Like Me Too Much
-Tell Me What You See
-Dizzy Miss Lizzy (love the cover, but it's so out of place in this album; Yesterday should've and would've been the best closer)

and then the album is up there with Rubber Soul.

>Rubber Soul and Revolver were the John-dominant albums
>Sgt. Pepper and Abbey Soul were the Paul-dominant albums

Hmmm, what could this mean?

they're all fucking great, innovative albums.

but paul is better.

No, the first heavy rock would be Link Wray's Rumble.
How is that innovative, they literally it from the Byrds.

*literally stole it

>literally

Well fuck me. Musically, I mean. The Beatles and their post-breakup solo projects are notorious for suspicions of plagiarism.

What comes to my mind is Come Together and George's My Sweet Lord that got widespread news. Everything else is objective and a coincidence or pure inspiration. When Paul was writing Yesterday he thought he was copying a song that was stuck on his head and called a bunch of artists to ask them if it was theirs. They're just musical geniuses :--DD

I'll take Rubber Soul as innovation to pop music marking a shift in popular music as an artform rather than a formula, but look how long that influence lasted.
Revolver doesn't get brownie points for strings on Eleanor Rigby or having Lennon's shitty experimental music.

Mind you I don't think the Beatles were a bad band, their influence reached masses due to their popularity, but they were never a fountain of innovation like some will claim unless you bring up my boy George Martin for his production. They were very good at introducing innovations to masses, but those ideas were not theirs originally.

Also McCartney was a better songwriter

Honestly James Brown was doing things vocally that were closer to what we now think of as “rock” than the Beatles at that point in time

John was wrong. She Loves You is, actually, the first ever Heavy Metal song

Pic unrelated

>Revolver doesn't get brownie points for strings on Eleanor Rigby or having Lennon's shitty experimental music.
>Lennon's shitty experimental music.
boi, open your ears.
>but they were never a fountain of innovation like some will claim unless you bring up my boy George Martin for his production
I'm not saying they created music itself, but they innovated a bunch of genres before a lot of people. Name one song like Tomorrow Never Knows or Rain before 1966. George Martin is also a mastermind behind the Beatles with his production style. He's literally the 5th Beatle.

>Tomorrow Never Knows
Sounds like any traditional music of India even ripped their one tone tambura drones and their rhythm. George Martin set up the system to record the backwards guitar loops so good on him that was innovative studio work. It's cool that Lennon put these foreign themes in a pop album, but i'm not gonna call him a genius over his good taste.

>Rain
I actually love Rain, but I don't find it to be very different from the music of 1966.

>He's literally the 5th Beatle
I'm not going to give The Beatles the credit for George Martin's work just cause you can call him the "5th Beatle"

The first heavy metal song is actually Streetlight Singer by Clear Light from 1967.

tell me what you see is goat

Being a band that wrote songs, made decisions about how they were recorded and didn't line up behind a single lead singer was their innovation in itself.

Sounds nothing like traditional Indian music. Nor does Within You, Without You before you start.
This reason you think it might is just further testimony to their greatness.
I'd leave the ethnomusicology alone if I were you.

What the fuck????
Tell Me What You See is my favorite song ever!! Do you fucking ears work? Delete your post now

You're realllly oversimplifying here. The only truly John dominant album is Hard Day's Night, and the only truly Paul dominant album is Sgt Pepper

Give this a glance over
www*myrsten*nu/worldnet/beatlesongs.htm
(asterisks are periods cuz of spam filter)
It's really odd you call Revolver a John album when it's clearly the most collaborative group effort they ever put out.

Y’all forgetting about Spanish Castle Magic in 1967? Or Voodoo Child (Slight Return) in 1968? I’d consider these the first.

Or at least Venus in Furs by the Velvet Underground & Nico (1967), that brought a dark/heavy and revolutionary sound to the table.

What's wrong with Act Naturally or You Like Me Too Much?

Would The Beatles have lasted if George Martin didn't die?

Jimi called You Really Got Me a groundbreaking song for him, so if anybody was at least the proto-hard rock/metal it might be the Kinks, if you aren't going back to something like this:

You can't really trust anything Lennon says.

Which VU song is metal?