The feels brought me here

can you ever find music that you relate to? that really speaks to you? i'm feeling like there is no song out there that was written with people like me in mind. it makes me wish i had some sort of creative talent, but i don't.

i'm a lonely girl who has never had a boyfriend, and i like female vocalists. all the music though, even the sad stuff, is like about lost loves and relationships and things. where is the really, really raw stuff about deep human hurt and isolation? usually i prefer the esoteric type stuff like cat power because then i can project my own feelings onto the music, but i know it's all wrong.

why are my feelings never sincerely reflected in music i like? sometimes artists get it basically right, but they usually have male vocalists and that's not right somehow.

am i crazy? is it narcissistic to expect or want to see myself in the works of artists? is there any music that might actually make me feel like other people maybe relate to my feelings too? i'm so tired of love songs and songs with shallow themes.

please help lol i'm all alone out here? send music and write about how you feel, about music,

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q-p7URVUNeQ
youtube.com/watch?v=XaSVkb_XLt4
youtube.com/watch?v=u8C-ZTQJIkU
youtube.com/watch?v=ezB61wV3s3g
youtube.com/watch?v=t7dMx79zK14
youtube.com/watch?v=uH_dfcJOutU
youtube.com/watch?v=crUK6jSQSw8
youtube.com/watch?v=COOwSt3XiOk
youtube.com/watch?v=UXeLGCxJwhw
youtube.com/watch?v=8o-ykKze7A4
youtube.com/watch?v=hMrAMAm6RxE
youtube.com/watch?v=pEJfl5Iwqkw
youtube.com/watch?v=51sj9GW5shM
youtube.com/watch?v=YPEJPt-EOeo
youtube.com/watch?v=auwDHmK9CGk
youtube.com/watch?v=PC7DEv7Od38
youtube.com/watch?v=OCwm08sTA5U
youtube.com/watch?v=IcjPFAV1foU
youtube.com/watch?v=a3YnMvRlajE
youtube.com/watch?v=b9DwnMqVI-U
youtube.com/watch?v=25arcricAy4
youtube.com/watch?v=NGnZocmwdQU
youtube.com/watch?v=y60Y323q__0
youtube.com/watch?v=5ANuXhk9qWM
youtube.com/watch?v=XIVRNP4e_cY
youtube.com/watch?v=L7HVj3kUA7k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Here, listen to this.

youtube.com/watch?v=q-p7URVUNeQ

not bad, but again the male vocals sort of ruin it. maybe i should take testosterone and become a man?

no that's crazy. i guess i'm just such a unique snowflake that there is no music out there for me? no, that's crazy too.

surely there must be something?

check out Low
youtube.com/watch?v=XaSVkb_XLt4
their first album, I Could Live In Hope, from 1994 is one of the first slowcore records ever. on some of their songs, they have some really unique vocal performances. i think they can pull this feeling off because they layer the vocals of two of the members of a female vocalist with a deeper voice underneath a male vocalist who has a higher pitched voice.

If you are interested in deep themes thoroughly explored in the lyrics, i'd go for rap, but since the vocalist is very important to you
youtube.com/watch?v=u8C-ZTQJIkU

I know, its technically dubstep, but this is really something else. I think you''ll enjoy it.

A Seat at The Table is also a recommendation

Try finding a female cover of the song

which song?

Any song, but I meant

this is good. it will take a while to figure out if it's what i'm looking for or not. seems like a great possibility though.

women rapping about deep themes would be perfect. please post some of that.

massive attack is pretty good. falls into that sorta esoteric category :)

also there's nothing wrong with dubstep. any genre is fine, really. i'm very picky, but not in that regard.

that's an album, but i'll look for any cover of them i guess.

>>i'm a lonely girl who has never had a boyfriend
Im a girl btw :p.

Oh. Okay.

youtube.com/watch?v=ezB61wV3s3g
youtube.com/watch?v=t7dMx79zK14

>women rapping about deep themes would be perfect. please post some of that.

Try Rapsody, if you don't mind politically charged lyrics and vulgair language.

Give this a listen

So both of you are actually girls? Not being a dick, but I always assumed everyone on Sup Forums has a dick

>can you ever find music that you relate to? that really speaks to you?
No, and i've been listening to music as my main hobby for several years now.

Very interesting thread, discovering lots of new songs that may be worth checking out.

hey, me too :)

have any suggestions, fellow girl? guess i can post some of mine that i feel come sort of close...

youtube.com/watch?v=uH_dfcJOutU

youtube.com/watch?v=crUK6jSQSw8

youtube.com/watch?v=COOwSt3XiOk

Here's a fuckton of female stuff of varying genres. See if anything sticks.

youtube.com/watch?v=UXeLGCxJwhw
youtube.com/watch?v=8o-ykKze7A4
youtube.com/watch?v=hMrAMAm6RxE
youtube.com/watch?v=pEJfl5Iwqkw
youtube.com/watch?v=51sj9GW5shM
youtube.com/watch?v=YPEJPt-EOeo
youtube.com/watch?v=auwDHmK9CGk
youtube.com/watch?v=PC7DEv7Od38
youtube.com/watch?v=OCwm08sTA5U
youtube.com/watch?v=IcjPFAV1foU

>have any suggestions, fellow girl?
yes, stop posting on Sup Forums you vapid idiot

no one on the internet is a girl unless proven otherwise

this artist
youtube.com/watch?v=a3YnMvRlajE
youtube.com/watch?v=b9DwnMqVI-U
and:
youtube.com/watch?v=25arcricAy4

youtube.com/watch?v=NGnZocmwdQU

damn she seems pretty good. will have to look into her more. thank you!

best so far. i'm really liking this, but i'll have to autistically ponder the lyrics until i know for sure.

yeah i'm a girl.

is there something wrong with us, you think? it's really starting to seem that way...

Np, had fun in this thread

What few pieces of art I have found that with themes I can relate to, I always end up cringing at to some degree. I'm not sure if it's a matter of seeing my own patheticness reflecting back at me or if they all just do it wrong, but I've been writing songs about my feelings and perspective lately and have found ways around the cringe. I just feel so unproductive consuming stuff about being a depressed NEET. Maybe the excitement of writing my own songs just cancels that out.
(Sorry no, ideas of songs are coming to mind. I'm not good at recommending music)

show us you're butt

currently listening through all of these. some good stuff, but i'm noticing a lot of themes that make me feel alienated and weird.

wow rude.

will get to these.

yeah. i kinda figured someone would feel similarly. like music is this great thing that speaks to the human experience but it makes me feel like maybe i don't belong in the human experience. if that makes any sense...

:)

i like you.

???

>this is good. it will take a while to figure out if it's what i'm looking for or not. seems like a great possibility though.
how much slowcore stuff have you listened to? i know you said you like female vocals a lot, but i highly recommend a lot of slowcore bands if you're really looking for that feeling, very few of which have female vocalists.
youtube.com/watch?v=y60Y323q__0
youtube.com/watch?v=5ANuXhk9qWM
youtube.com/watch?v=XIVRNP4e_cY
youtube.com/watch?v=L7HVj3kUA7k

>grouper - A I A alien observer

While it does have songs and themes of love (specifically come softly), the songs have a feeling of emotional disconnect, isolation, and melancholy that you may enjoy. Its hard to appreciate on first listen but you have to let it settle with you.

THIS