Release 3 mediocre albums instead of 1 good

>release 3 mediocre albums instead of 1 good
what did they mean by this?

>release some of the only quality hip hop this year
ftfy inb4 reddit

>mediocre

I never understood the hype for Brockhampton. They have a few catchy singles but they're average at best. Average lyrics, average beats, average everything. At least OF had Earl who was a great lyricist and Tyler who has a good ear for production. Brockhampton is just all hype, no substance

wew

I was just thinking if you take all their good songs from each album and put them together it would make a great 45-50 minute album. Instead, it's just like you said. 3 mediocre albums

/thread

>"""band""" with 14 members
>one of them just runs the website

This year has been abysmal for rap. Other than a few good singles, the only releases that have been worth listening to are a few underground ones like lojii & Swarvy’s Due Rent. Grime has had a solid year though. I’m hoping it crosses over and lights a fire under rappers’ asses

DAMN and 4.44 were great. Just because they're not 10/10 albums doesn't mean they're bad. Sup Forums always have to go for one extreme, if it's not perfect it's shit. But that's not the case.

They were boring, which is almost worse than bad. DAMN has Humble and DNA, which are great singles, and Feel, Fear, and Duckworth, which are great deep cuts, but also has duds like Yah, Element, Pride, and XXX, and straight-up awful songs like Loyalty, Lust, Love, and God.
4:44 is a snooze-fest whose only memorable tracks are The a story of OJ and Marcy Me.

>Big krit
>rapsody
>flowerboy
>big fish theory
>no one ever really dies
>known unknowns
>new jeezy
>lil b

Wow all of those are not very good you really proved me wrong

I feel like the first album was well put together, the second was more or less just a compilation of singles and the 3rd is just objectively worse then the other 2.
But releasing multiple albums per year is a meme now so

>now
It’s been a thing since the 50's

>the 'duds' you listed are the best songs on the album

>yah yah, yah yah, yah yah, yah yah
>Energy rip-off
>indie rock kenny
>U2 in 2017
Yeah really great songs
Any song with Kendrick singing is immediately a 5/10 at best

b8

Still better than humble, sounds like lil pump

Listen to 4eva is a mighty long time nigga

Facts

>tfw you expected the first album to be trash, it wasn't half bad. Solid 7
>then II comes out and you don't like it but you could see people liking it. Solid 6-7
>then III comes out and two tracks in you get the album you expected from the first album. weak 4 and annoying. The charm is gone
WTF Saturation, more like we fucked ourselves in the ass by dropping 3 albums and blowing our loads in one year like King Gizard.

I thought III was pretty good. The first two were meh.

>duds like Yah
ha ha ha, dropped. opinions irrelevant

Yah sounds more like Lil Pump than humble
There's nothing special about them. Maybe a few good singles, but they're largely uninteresting.
Yah is fucking boring. It's a slow, murky, repetitive, derivative snoozer. It's no different than Lil Pump, except Kendrick's track has some kinda-jazzy pianos thrown on top of it

this group is the most overrated reddit garbage since young thug

>and the 3rd is just objectively worse then the other 2

Explain your reasoning, please.

Do people really hate LOVE wtf?

>Eh
>Bad
>Good but inconsistent
>Not as good as '06
>Eh
>Bad
>Few bangers but generally bad
>Eh
2 of the saturation albums are better than all of this releases, and the other on is on par

Fuck off these guys are the only ones doing anything fresh and innovative in the hip hop scene today. They're as unique and fresh as OF were in 2011.

>and innovative
in what way?

this, everyone says they're "innovative" without ever explaining how. they just sound like normal hip hop you'd hear on the radio

The beats and the lyrical topics. They're rapping about shit no one raps about. Their production is genius, name one artist who has beats like BH, it's unconventional yet accessible

embarrassing post

Average Brockhampton fan

This is just sexist dude. Brockhampton are so fucking good. I'm a guy and I love them, and my girl that is a friend loves them too. We listened to Sat I together the other day while watching some Netflix and chill. Even got to cuddle for a few minutes. Then I realized, I'd rather cuddle with a nice femboi than a woman, and Brockhampton made me come to terms with that and accept that it's 100% OK.

>They're rapping about shit no one raps about
you mean when they rap about sucking cock?

No, so many other things like identity crisis, growing up, standing up to the bullies, etc it's very refreshing. So much of rap is about bravado and being the bullies, Brockhampton is about the outcasts fighting back.

They have a new approach to making music which is similar to the stream of consciousness way of writing, and how they bounce ideas off eachother is incomparable to any other crew.
They may not be onto a "new" sound of hip hop but their way of blending styles is also pretty innovative
You're not helping yourself here

I love them. Wrote them off at first as a gimmick but they're actually pretty lit. Will look forward to their future work.

Both saturation releases arent even better than wolf by tyler and that pales in comparison to the list I posted, good job exposing your shit taste backpacker

Nah dude, im with you on loving brockhampton but their writing is kind of the norm right now on hip hop, the macho era of rap ended almost a whole decade ago

this. Their instrumentals are so average. I think it's Fandango's fault, everyone knows he has a boner for hip hop and follow whatever he says and repeat his opinions across teh internet so it looks like Brockhampton is the best band around. Just check Pitchfork's scores, it's just Fantano who's hyping them.

You really think that huh?
Im so sorry

brockhampton are my daddies

you are from Reddit my dude

Tell me why both saturation releases deserve the praise they do

Yeah we've seen Tyler and Frank and Lil Peep and a lot of stuff coming out the past couple years, but homophobia and this kind of backwards attitude towards LGBTQ/feminism/etc is still prevalent in the rap scene, just kept under the surface now instead of having DMX rap about killing fags openly. Hell even in 2010 openly gay rap would have been written off. We've come so far and BH are a huge part of that.

Nigga stfu. My question to you is why do we need to hear how much you love sucking cock?

Why is that so important? I get it you're gay, but why do you people feel the need to ALWAYS TALK ABOUT IT? It's seems like it's your defining trait.

>We've come so far and Frank ocean/ cakes da killa/le1f/young thug antics are a huge part of that.
Brockhampton aren't part of shit they're just riding the wave others have paved.

Listen man, history is a real thing. Culture is a real thing. Just 20-30 years ago, gays were forced to live in the shadows. It's only been very recently homosexuality has become acceptable. They want to feel empowered, they want to tell the world YES we exist, our love is true love, we feel what you feel, and we're just like you. Even today you still hear terms like "gay" and "fag" constantly thrown around as slurs and insults frequently. We have a lotta work to do, and we need voices in the mainstream telling the world that YES we're here and inspiring kids telling them it's OK to have these feelings.

How to turn the three pretty good albums into a 10/10:

1. Heat
2. Boogie
3. Gummy
4. Star
5. Queer
6. Swamp
7. Johnny
8. Bump
9. Junky
10. Alaska
11. Sweet
12. Waste

>1. Heat
Get rid of that shitty ass joba verse or bridge/refrain and that song is the best one they've done

This
BH are rapping explicitly about LGBT experience though growing up and shit. They do it in the most poetic way

Joba is god tf you sayin

You have never heard of cakes da killa, also frank ocean is way more musically versatile and more poetic in his themes about sexuality.

Trash worst guy in the whole group, they could get rid of him and I'd never notice. Only good song he has is face

kevin is obviously the best artist in the group

he's gonna be a star

When will jaden smith join Brockhampton

People have been rapping about being black since the 80's and it is a topic that still hasn't been worn out
Now that gays are being accepted same thing will happen

Fuck you
Ill break your neck so you can stfu

A lot of great Rap albums came out this year. It's not as good as last year but still...
Open Mike Eagle - Brick Body Kids still daydream
Big K.R.I.T - 4eva Is A Mighty Long Time
BROCKHAMPTON 1,2
Jay Z - 4:44
Denzel Curry - 13
Kendrick Lamar - DAMN.
Joey Bada$$ - AABA
Freddie Gibbs - You only live 2wice

>They do it in the most poetic way
(Not true, by the way)

>duds like Yah, Element, Pride, and XXX
you're taste is bad and you should feel bad

Brockhampton havent hit their peak yet

DAMN IS A SHIT ALBUM. Not one good song. Humble is unlistenable

>release one good hip hop album and 2 lukewarm ones

Damn has a couple good tracks. Humble is shit tho I agree. All 3 saturations were better. I think Kendrick's falling off. Unless he drops a 10/10 in 2018 he's going to be irrelevant.

Joba is god you fuck.

Call them big poppa

Brought to you by P4's head writer. Remember kids, fuck the quality/individuality of the music, just remember the message and who is singing it.