How will hip-hop sound when trap dies?

How will hip-hop sound when trap dies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=85E9Q5Wx210
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

either like uk grime or like tyler the creator

There will be a sharp & great divide between really heavy/industrial hip hop from the underground, and very positive, pop-centered hip hop with not much in between.

Better

Better.

[B]eter

It will be the exact opposite. No tattoos, low key, dark and neutral colors, anti sex, anti greed, lyrical, no mumbling, no auto tune.
Musically it will sample shoegaze, dream pop, ambient, nature sounds, jazz, noise.
It will be listening music instead of turn up dance music.
Music to relax and take a nap to.

They will wear indie band t shirts, for some reason morrissy will be a god.

brap

It'll revert to its most comfortable state while the new top genre starts to take shape, just as rock did when hip hop took over.

[B]rap

Are you actually from the future tho

assuming 90's revival actually happens here's hoping hip-hop will adopt some trip-hop vibes

youtube.com/watch?v=85E9Q5Wx210

right now rap is its cringy as fuck teen boy nu metal angst retard phase.
The only way forward would be to its pretentious indie phase.

Then it will die

probably like flower boy and syre desu

death grips was and is the future of hip hop

cant kill whats already dead

cringe

is correct

>Industrial hip hop
cringe

I liked the original trap (early to late 2000s). Modern trap is just fucking repetitive garbage though. It doesn't even describe the drug dealer lifestyle like it used to. I enjoyed hearing stories about a kid selling coke to buy a Starter jacket to impress a girl he liked. I liked the stories of waiting on your family to leave the house so you can cook crack in peace. Even the ridiculous shit about having a trunk full of coke and being so paranoid about being pulled over on the highway for speeding that you let your grandmother drive.

Now trap is exactly what uninformed faggots used to accuse rap of being "its all about money and hoes and being up in the club". And then the fact that most trap rappers don't even TRY to be original. They steal everything from flows to ad libs. I can't wait until the 2020s.

trappin aint dead

[/spoil]muchbetter[spoil]

trap is much like blues and jazz; it has standards that you can rearrange, nothing is original

God please don't let it be a boom bap revival. That shit was boring enough for the first 15 years it was popular.

I expect hip-hop to go prog/experimental in the upcoming years, as a rejection to the repetition and simplicity of modern trap. Like the opposite of the punk movement.

Lmfao! How misguided.

t. Hegel

why would Hegel say this

why is trip hop so unbelievably superior to hip hop?

It made by people who make electronic music

Hegel's dialectics, progress made by thesis-antithesis y'know

The same way it had for 20 years. I actually appreciate trap, at least it's something new in the realm of hop hop.

>How will hip-hop sound when trap dies?
Like 4'33'' hopefully.

[spoiler]nerdcore[/spoiler] ftw

very funny my fellow intellectual :^)

an upvote for you my good sir!

>(early to late 2000s).

wut

it'll sound like boop do-wap skiddle deet deet boom

>something new
It literally sounds exactly the same it did 10 years ago.

I think the 24 hour lofi sound might have a chance.

So basically what happened to grunge in the 90s where it diverged into nu-metal and pop punk? If so does that mean that rap only has a decade of relevance left until it becomes a landfill genre?

Trap rap started in the 2000s. This is the 2010s. In two years it will be the 2020s.

You must not know what I mean by original. Listen to Gucci Mane then listen to OJ then listen to Cartel MGM. They all make trap, they're all rapping about the same shit, they all have similar beats but you wouldn't confuse any of them for the other because they all had their own rap styles and personalities. Gucci Mane was more silly with the way he rapped at the time, like when he'd scream out his name or say "Yeeeaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh".

OJ would have that high pitch "Aye OK"

Cartel MGM would draw out the last sound of the word and end it with an "uh", like for example, "kitchennnnnuh"

They were all different but they were all making the same style of music. They all did their separate thing.

These days, trap rappers do nothing but bite the shit out of each other. They'll throw in a "skrr skrr", they'll rap like the Migos or Lil Uzi. Maybe they'll say one line and go "yuh" or "aye" after like xxxtentacion.

At this point, I hear it and just think, "Oh wow, you can do that too? Thanks for bringing absolutely nothing new to the table."

so it'll be simpsonwave. truly the worst timeline

This most likely in my opinion. It is growing with popularity, and trap is getting old.

underrated post

it was trasnform into trap-prog-nu-metal hip hop

Because it ages like fine wine.

That actually sounds really nice.

You talk about rappers back then having different "personalities" as opposed to rappers now who all "bite" each other. I'd argue that rapper personalities are now more important than ever with our social media age, nowadays image > substance in many cases. If you create an interesting persona you're almost guaranteed fame even if your music is subpar. Just look at lil Pump who I don't think has had one song over 3 minutes yet due to image has amassed a mainstream following.

Also biting is pivotal to the evolution of hiphop. Look at chief keefs influence on the rap scene (the actual innovator of the "ayy flow"). Keefs influence can be directly observed on many of the individuals who are "up" in the rap game such as Lil Uzi, Playboi Carti, smokepurpp. Hell look at Young Thug as an ideal example. His first 3 mixtapes feature a lil Wayne stan and with every project afterwards he began to shoot off in his own direction and in my opinion Thug is critically underrated.

To some up what I'm talking about, I guess I feel like you're being hypocritical about trap not being original. If anything right now we are hearing a really diverse sound in trap, from lil yacthy's overly cheerful take on trap music to 21 savages slow, dreary, and chilling trap music and everything in between.

one half will sound like frank ocean, amine, and flying lotus, the other death grips, xxxtentacion and lil uzi vert