So, are you going to watch season 2?

So, are you going to watch season 2?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/RtdD1FD.gifv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no. I didn't even finish season 1 and was more entertained pushing the shrinkray theory

nope

no, they solved all the misteries already and maeve is still alive.

Probably, but I'm not super-hype for it. Only characters I gave a shit about were MiB and Ford.

She was never alive, that's the point, BILLY!

Yes. Is there any better TV show at the moment?

I stopped watching at episode 5

Yeah probably
It was full of logic and plot holes but was entertaining all the same.

>watching tv shows

this is your problem.

Are you implying I should watch meme movies instead? Le Avengers, le Suicide Squad... Seriously?

Movies can't compete with quality TV.

>are you going to watch season 2?

Is this the "will you even be alive in 2018" thread?

No. I'm glad I finished this one. Sad I didn't saw Charlotte die on screen thought.

No based Ford, no watch

No. One of the worst shows ever released by HBO.

See you next year you passive aggressive faggots.

>theory
what a nice way to say shitpost

hes still right
the shitposts were more fun and engaging than the actual show

no.

the shows biggest pull is the multiple timeline thing, which is achieved via editing.

any show can be edited out of order, that alone doesn't make it good.

the mystery of the maze is what kept me watching. it was unsatisfying, so I won't be watching season 2.

If I'm alive by the end of 2018 then yeah

Young Pope ended so no

It never really got its hooks into me. Pretty boring show that I gave time to hit its pace but it never did. Just a bunch of ultra-violence and mundane plot.

I gave a shit about William, mib, and ford, and they all got killed off

No , this tv show is full reddit tier

William isnt dead. He will see his wish from years ago come true, hosts set free with own consciousness.

What happened to security guy?

Will Ford replace the board with robits? Will he continue to replace people until he has the nuke codes?

Definitely though I doubt it will stay as consistently good, and I'll miss Hopkins dearly.

Honestly this felt like a perfect place to end the entire show even tho it did finish on what was essentially just the beginning of the original book/films story.

Also I know for a lot of people Hopkins dying is a deal breaker going forward but for me it was a strong death, on par with the najor character death at the end of season 2 of Boardwalk Empire.
Yeah it's sad that the actor/character won't be around for the rest of the show, but they ended his story in such a way that I was wholly satisfied and wouldn't want it any other way.

Yeah, The Americans.
Westworld is very good though, I'm gonna be watching the second season no doubt.

Yeah I'll give it a shot

I felt like season one had a great opening episode and closing episode but was sort of meandering in between

Only if it becomes a survivla horror show with MiB/William and some human surivors trying to escape westworld while being hunted by killer robots

>all movies are capeshit
Alright

lol shut up mate thats not important anymore. Elsie is gone aswell. Also Bernard is now a host.

Why even make another season, it ended pretty well. I guess they could go the same route as true detective and make an indiependant story in a similar setting.

I don't know. Maybe?

I'm worried it's going to devolve into super-obvious black and white morality, good robots vs. evil humans bullshit (because MAN IS THE GREATEST MONSTER OF ALL), and that always comes across as hammy and simplistic.

Westworld itself would have been much better condensed into a movie

The serial format has its drawbacks too, probably more of them on balance

>I'm worried it's going to devolve into super-obvious black and white morality, good robots vs. evil humans bullshit

Why would you think that after the last episode completely repudiated it?

Does Ford actually make any sense as a character? How does his speech in Episode 7 saying that consciousness is a burden square his eventual reveal as covert liberator?

Couldn't that just be a ford robot and not his true self?

I think it means they could only get Hopkins for one season.

>How does his speech in Episode 7 saying that consciousness is a burden square his eventual reveal as covert liberator?
it doesn't.

If the only way a tv show makes sense is by idiots assuming alot and then speculating on top of that, its a shit show.

I know. Also ed Harris was never shown to be dead. Im sure Ford's consciousness will be in a robots body next season or someshit.

I guess they coukd bring him back as a host. Maybe Bernard/Arnold will return the favor?

He was printing a robot version of himself.

if theres more of BBC kino, absolutely.

William is very clearly rhe man in black, so yes he is ded

>Im sure Ford's consciousness will be in a robots body next season or someshit.

This isn't Dollhouse where they could scan someone's mind and make a copy. In Westworld the best you can do is make a host that looks like them and try to program it with all their foibles. Like how Ford taught Bernard to fuss over his glasses like Arnold did.

He was attacked by the ghost nation idians while responding to elsie's signal. Was there no follow up or did I miss something?

but im already watching it

I'm going to watch because of other worlds
Samurai World confirmed already

There was no follow up, but no one liked him so I doubt we'll find out what happened. Goodbye least favourite Hemsworth.

No

Samurai World is never happening. Its just to get people talking and to show how huge that place is.

Only if they turn it into an I, Robot-like show with Terminator overtones.

Arnold will be back. This time with a vengeance.

He was "kidnapped" by Elsie, who Bernard somehow set free. Maybe Ford told her to, idk, idc. Anyway, that's why her signal went off in the park when security guy went to look for her and the injuns wouldn't respond to his FREEZE command

nah

The more I heard about Maeve the less I wanted to catch up, then I hear that retarded timeline theory was actually true so fuck it I'm out.

Maybe the ford killed was just a bot.

So what was the deal with Maeve? Was it that Ford programmed her to escape as a test to see if she would choose to stay to save her "daughter", thereby proving that she's truly conscious?

That would be a real let down.

It's true, but it's done very well. Maeve plot sucks incredibly amounts of ass, but everything else is very enjoyable

yes

Ford programmed her escape as a distraction for getting all the decommissioned hosts armed and in the park for the finale. At the end Maeve is makes a conscious decision to go back based on the memories of her daughter

Only if it's called Samurai World

i think it was. ford says the old cowboy guy he keeps locked up in the facility is the second host ever made, which means that the first one probably has a significant identity and is still in use/hidden in the facility. i think the first host was a ford clone that he uses to fuck with people, but since its an older model he does the weird handshake with bernard at the end and you can see bernard look at him like "holy shit, is this a host?"

I felt the confrontation between Dolores and William/MiB was kind of emotionally weak. They could've done better than that.

DUDE I JUST PISSED ALL OVER WESTWORLD ILL JUST GO BACK TO WORK NOW BYE LMAO

I didn't notice the hand shake. But it's a reason I find the show boring. No real risk for characters. Lack of catharsis because they could just be a robot.

Also since they are unreliable narrators I tend to have 0 compassion for the robots.

delores is the first

She was the first? I just remembered her being the oldest Host that is still in operation.

35 years of MiB doing the same shit.
Thats what you call a grind.

Season 2 will basically be the plot of the film, with the gala goers, MiB, and the rest surviving the onslaught of woke hosts.

So yeah.

When s2 is about to start I'll probably go through it but right now I'm just not feeling it

see
dolores is the oldest host that still plays a role inside the park. not necessarily the oldest host in the whole facility

i.imgur.com/RtdD1FD.gifv

Dropped if it goes full weeaboo samurai world

Implying it isn't already happening, and doesn't already exist, with a dozen other "Worlds" for people to fuck around in.

A season featuring Shogun World wont happen. Its an American show after all.

If we get samurai n shiet.

>Peeworld

WE

Meh, I'll hatewatch it, just like another terrible show that was Sons of Anarchy.

there will be no samurai world or any other parks for that matter because you cant make the names a cool sounding two syllable alliteration like westworld

WarWorld, with recreations of every major war in history. Storm Normandy, fight the Punic Wars, fuck Joan of Arc and much much more

He just want the achievements.

Kinoworld
Capeshitworld
Carpenterworld
Cronenbergworld
Batmanworld
BBCWorld
Futaworld

Ford will be back for season 2

>ford was busy building a ford replicant when bernarnold killed the smoking woman in ford's basement

It's going into the pathetic category slowly but surely. MIB interaction with Delorito was absolute trash, I like the show at but it seems to be doing everything it can to make me hate it intensely.

But cultural appropriation is what Americans do best.

>ChinkWorld
>JewWorld
>SeaWorld

What is Ford giving the speech was a host (it's almost 99 percent sure that it was)? He's a crafty sausage. Unless Hannibal can't be bothered working on season 2.

desu, i hated Maeve so much
But in episode 10 she's finally done right (at the exception of her last "oh Felix" line)

If Hopkins and Harris are in it, yeah

uh, excuse me, you're culturally appropriating the american language right now

Why has no one mentioned the kung fu east world they went into? It's like people on here are just ignoring how silly it was. lmao

This

Williaml/MiB was really a weak twist, the rest i liked

No. It wasn't that good.

i have to admit it would be a shame if not
but unless speech-Ford was a host (or he transfered himself into a host and had Dolores kil him), not happening
50/50 for him i'd say
0% for Harris. I'll go watch the truman show instead

>Delorito
kek

Except the problem is that he realized that either he frees the Hosts, despite having utter disdain for loosing their innocent beauty as the semblance of humanity, or Delos was going to gut them to be nothing more than punching bags and sex dolls.

He's in the same position as Arnold was; He cannot live in a world with his creations debased, but the only way they can even approach his dream is through consciousness.

It's like cutting a canvas out of its frame; It pains him to see such a beautiful piece marred, but he cannot leave it to be destroyed.