ITT: Entry-level musicians who are also exit-level

ITT: Entry-level musicians who are also exit-level

Bitches Brew is one of my favorite jazz albums and I think it's a good example of this. To most people it might just seem "chill" but if you pay attention it's one of the most dense albums ever.

Kind of Blue is the even better example of this

But Davis's best work was the records with the second quintet

>t. right posted right after my jazz thread died only minutes ago :(
Though BB is Fusion, but I'm confused on what your saying. It's very dense album. It's easy to like, but it's dense.

The Beatles.

John Coltrane
Charlie Parker
Charles Mingus
Yes
King Crimson
Pink Floyd
Neil Young
Bob Dylan
MF Doom
Wu-Tang
Tribe Called Quest
Jimi Hendrix
Herbie Hancock
Brian Eno
MGMT

It's amazing how you can listen to Kind of Blue and hear something new every time.

>dense
"haha I have autism guys can I get an upvote :3"

Yung Leandoer

So you mean "things that are legitimately good and can be enjoyed on all levels"

I wouldn't call Pink Floyd that much of an exit level but I agree with this.

Black Sabbath

none of that list is "exit level". Coltrane is the only one on that list that ever made inaccessible music. Most of those got poppier as they went on.

So "exit level" to you, means that it becomes more inaccessible?
I was looking more into artists you listen to when you're getting into certain genres. Though even after you've explored extensively through the genre, those artists still appear as some of the best in that genre.

OP literally only used one album as an example of both entry and exit level. It has nothing to do with how the artist changes over time.

System of a Down

>bitches brew
>chill
pick one
i've never met anyone who has thought it was a "chill" record
that shit is avant-garde as fuck

The Beatles

Holy bait

First time i heard it as a 15-16 year old, I thought it was just groovy. I listened to metal and prog back then so i didn't understand jazz but i thought it was accessible back then. Im sure most progish rockists who hear it the first time go through something similar. Its a crossover hit for a reason. But the more you listen to jazz the more you get to appreciate just how fucking great this record is.

This idea of certain artists being entry and exit level for taste is absurd. Everyone experiences a different progression of musical taste.

inb4 gay faggot