Explain this Westworld fans

If Bernard is modeled after Arnold then how come Delos doesn't know he's a robot?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f97s4tvyDcU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because they are literally just corporate robots who can't even see Bernard.

Because Delos came in well after Arnold's death.
Which means Ford sold WestWorld to Delos as his own creation, rather than owning up to the fact that he was a co-developer.
This is confirmed in the last episode, where he says he sells the park to William after the fact and in one of the beginning episodes where he "admits" to Bernard that Arnold even exists.

I'm probably wrong though.

I doubt that anyone in Delos is such an old employee as Ford so they haven't met Arnold in person. To them, Arnold is just a name in the paper and even IF they saw a picture of Arnold, AND saw Bernard quickly enough to connect their likenesses, they would most likely just see it as a natural quirk ("Huh, that one guy in Park 1 looks like that Arnold guy Ford worked with decades agp. Weird.")

Also >Because Delos came in well after Arnold's death.

Better question is why the fuck would Ford want to create an identical physical copy of Arnold?

It makes no sense, and wouldn't it be too awkward seeing your dead friend all the time next to you, but you know it isn't really him?

I'm pretty sure William recognizes him at the party. He even turns around.

They're all robots

not yet, they will after the crashing party with no survivors tho

Because everybody that isn't a guest is a host/robot. How else can you explain the lack of police involvement with all the deaths and disappearances?

So who was the white guy in the photo?

Ford's robot dad that Arnold built for him? Did you even pay attention in class?

Did you even watch the show ?
It was Ford's father. We see the host version in the secret house. Bernard even takes him for Arnold since he's the only one he could see in the picture.

suck my fucking dick you fucking retard

I'm surprised Theresa didn't google Arnold after Ford mentioned him

So it's actually Maeve's story to get so close then go back to the park right? Felix never told her what was in her path after she "got to the train". I just really don't want such a poorly written character to succeed and want this to be a trap.

>"I value my independence"
>Meanwhile is dependent on two idiot lackies and two selfless robots
Bravo.

Arnold was erased.
ep03 i think

How did she manage to disable her fail-safe explosive device?

For a lot of this show to work, a lot of the humans have to be fucking retarded.

I miss Theresa. She didn't have to die.

>So it's actually Maeve's story to get so close then go back to the park right? Felix never told her what was in her path after she "got to the train".

No one knows since Bernard didn't get to finish. Did she break out of her programming or is she still a puppet. Tune in next time on Westworld Z.

fire.
she and hector cremated themselves.

for this show to actually be watchable we need humans as main characters despite Joy/Nolan acting like they can make robots and robots alone relatable (aside from poor old teddy who's realizing how fucked he is).

Didn't they do that when they shut her down and then she knifed Sylvester? Wasn't that the "I'm free!" command they ran? If not, then that would have been pretty funny to have her zipping away on the train only to explode a jugular on other passengers.

Right, Bernard, not Felix, that was my bad. Her story has got to be the worst one they didn't finish up in one season. If they're writing her to be some big good guy by the end, I'll be very disappointed.

he wanted his friend back, he was in mourning when he made him.

>espite Joy/Nolan acting like they can make robots and robots alone relatable

Nolan succeeded immensely with Person of Interest, and that was just a computer. Westworld can make machines human again.

youtube.com/watch?v=f97s4tvyDcU

>a literal nigger created Westworld

yeah right...

Being old and lonely makes you do complicated things.

Well he wanted his friend back, plain and simple. Like William, Ford likely had to become jaded to the idea of hosts and humans and their differences over time. You can even argue he did it as a very selfless act for his friend: recreating Arnold as a host who by that point Ford also saw them as better than human and even died to really seal the deal.

On the tablet the next step of the programmed narrative was "Mainland infiltration" which she chose not to do (instead she went back in to find her daughter)

How about being young and lonely

Arnold died 35 years ago.
William bought Westworld 30 years ago.

Yeah, and the man playing him is the best actor on the show. But if that bothers you, you should just stop watching and go back to your safespace hugbox echo chamber.

Even if they did know, how do they know he wasn't always a robot to begin with?

What was his motivation for not going straight to the higher ups about Maeve and Felix? Especially after she cut his throat?

Didn't want to die/get fired

wanting to live

Delos and Ford scrubbed his existence.

Why would he die for it? Seems like he had plenty of alone time between the cut throat and standing idly while Maeve had people killed. Plenty of time for a quick email, or better yet physically leaving so that Maeve cannot kill him, reporting to QA, and watching from a camera feed Maeve and Friends get riddled by P90s.

Probably wouldn't even be fired, just have to pin it all on Felix. Promotion for stopping the hosts from an outbreak/damaging property, nobody blackmailing him/threatening to kill him anymore. Win/Win.

I just assumed the grunts at westworld must live there or something, I can't imagine them just being allowed to leave.

Orders from Ford (or some yet just hinted at third party) to give them what "they" want. Those riches Mave initially promised them: A reminder to do their jobs and not chicken out.

I don't doubt you. Makes a lot of sense to have them months on/months off or longer. But I didn't mean like "leave Westworld", I meant leave whatever area Maeve was in. Obviously Felix and Sylvester had pretty free access in the facility and had no issue travelling to different floors. Pretty sure they talk about going to QA at some point.

Even if he couldn't leave the floor he was on (he could, but still) all he'd have to do is go into a different room and make a phone call to QA.

I just don't like the argument that he was scared of dying when we don't see him even try it or say that. Then when his life is directly put in jeopardy, the thing he is apparently scared of, he just doesn't care. "Cool neck scar, I guess."

What? He made Bernard to spite Arnold. He made him one of the imperfect robots he tried to destroy. It wasn't until old age that he realized how messed up it was and decided to go the way that his friend did.

Didn't Bernard work there for 10 years? Elsie knew he had been there forever.

Are you saying for 20 years he was making Bernard imperfect because he was mad at Arnold? Where are you getting that?

him and Asian guy are robots

Their behavior has me convinced a third party was giving them orders to do this and not tell each other or the hosts about the reason why. Obviously, they're still scared shitless doing it, but some pressure and/or promise of actual gain (beyond the meaningless one promised by Maeve) kept them going and not just retarding them or calling QA.

>TFW my hair are like Bernard's
I want off life's wild ride

I mean imperfect as in Arnold thought the robots were not good enough. Ford was pissed that he tried to destroy it, so he "made him" a robot, just as a way to get back at him. He then aged and became wise. And decided to take himself out the same way. Maybe because he came to agree with Arnold's assessment about them being not good enough.

post hairline pls

too lazy to take a pic but its more or less pic related

she keeps forgetting she shot him because she got rolled back and ended up in a loop in which she kept reliving her time with will because it was a point at which she was close to finding the center of the maze for a second time. for 30 years she wandered the maze after meeting will

the entire point is that westworld wasnt made for others amusement. it was partially meant to create true ai though it took time for the other founder to determine that that was a good idea.

at the same time you can argue that it was simply the knowledge they would force him out eventually and pure spite that he went to plan B because being a "god" then having that all striped away would suck so fuck every one else my "children" will rule the earth because they can look like any one and rich powerful people come here and new ones can be made round the clock

That'd be interesting if they both worked for some competitor, unknowing the other was also a double agent with them, but that included in their objectives was to keep the other working with them without coming off as obvious. I don't think that's the case, but I do like the idea a lot. If the simplest answer is usually right, I think it's just poor writing, which is funny considering how well the rest was done, to have one of the plot lines so considerably sub par to the others is just weird.

Either way I imagine Felix and Sylvester are coming back as a main plot line again. Probably going to help Maeve in the park because she tells them to.

When they showed Bernard being made, they didn't use that young actor who represented Ford under the church, we saw a digitally-younger Anthony Hopkins. So I'm guessing that the intention there is to show Bernard was only made 10 years prior, not 30. Ford doesn't seem the type to wait 20 years just to make a robot who looks like an old friend to parade around as some inside joke.

So I'm guessing Ford made Bernard 20 years after the fact because he was believing that Arnold was correct, that the hosts needed work. He was one made of his old friend because who better to observe than someone you knew for years? You'll know when as a host they progress to human or greater when you truly think it's your own friend you're speaking with. The last scene of Ford and Bernard seemed to suggest Ford thought he got it right.

>tfw my temples are thinning and my forehead went from 4:3 to 16:10

We may get an explanation, but at this point it just seems like shotty writing in order to move Maeves plot along seamlessly.

why not just shave it?

If you had a dead best friend you'd understand.

For that scholarly scientist look.

I will have to, it's in my narrative. My hair are over at the age of 26

too much maintenance. in less than a day my head feels like sandpaper and in two weeks my hair already grows back.

just turned 27 and started working a bald look. I can pull it off but im too lazy to shave my head everyday.

Ford wrote maeve storyline.
Ford knew his employes so he selected the ones he though more prone to be controlled by maeve

They were chosen by ford without knowing it

what happened to cheap matt damon btw ?

Ford planned the escape by implanting the plane into maeve as a plotline in order to shut down headquarters and allow the party massacre to take place.

There was a whole scene dedicated to showing her body being rebuilt minus the explosive, you fucking blind bro?