Serious question: I've heard in here that Spotify is somehow of a "pleb" thing to use...

Serious question: I've heard in here that Spotify is somehow of a "pleb" thing to use. Are there better alternatives for music stream services? What does Sup Forums approves of? And there's not a single record store on my city so that isn't that much of an option.

do not make any decisions based on what people here say is 'pleb'. if spotify is convenient for you, use it.

oh my gosh, OP, the last thing anyone should ever do is seek this board's approval regarding anything. use spotify if you want

I just wanted to know peoples opinion on the subject and while I'm comfortable with Spotify maybe I could learn of a better alternative. Or at least get reasons on why Spotify is good or bad.

>using spotify
>not buying the cassette and recording each track individually onto your computer using a rockband mic

If you actually enjoy and appreciate a musicians vision you'd buy vinyl

Streaming is pleb as fuck

spotify is limiting only because they don't have *everything* otherwise it's decent in terms of cost and discover playlists

>I've heard in here that Spotify is somehow of a "pleb" thing to use.
That's fucking stupid. It's a fine service. Use it if you want, I do.

spotify is perfectly fine, i use it with the ads blocked. i know i *could* be downloading everything in slsk but its more of a hassle for me than to use spotify. the only feature i dont have from spotify premium is downloading the songs but i have a good enough connection everywhere i go currently.

if something isn't on spotify, then i'll download it and listen to it on a different player

it really just comes down to individual needs

There's not a single record store on my city, I could do with my dad's collection but while good it's all old as fuck.
Are there better alternatives?

Apple Music might have a slightly bigger catalog but the UI is shit. I'm using both right now since I got the student discount

>I could do with my dad's collection but while good it's all old as fuck.
PICTURES PLEASE.
I wanna see these records.

And don't diss old stuff 70s albums are the best.

Threadly reminder that there's nothing wrong with Spotify.
The ogg files have a drm component, the front end is good, the quality is certainly serviceable for most people, and it ultimately gives the artist more support than ever before - if I have a playlist of songs by the same artist that I keep listening to while I pay for it, it creates a drip of revenue for the artist that didn't exist when all you did was go into a record store and your only interaction with the artist was buying their album once.

Why pay for streaming service when you could download all music for free?

/thread

Like others said before, don't worry about what the board thinks. If you do want a cheaper but more unwieldy option, follow this.

1.Go to rbt.asia/mu/ and search for [album name] mega
2. Download the Mega app, and open the link in the app, and do a direct download to your local files
3. Download a local music player like Blackplayer, and play your music through that

Hope that helps mate.

I can't take pictures right now so please wait warmly, though I can say that he loves prog, jazz fusion and disco and that's most of it but he used to buy albums for the sake of hearing new stuff so he has things like ZZ top or Flock of Seagulls or a King Crimson collection up to
1984 that he never bothered to listen to and gladly gave to me or good things outside of his comfort zone.
>And don't diss old stuff 70s albums are the best.
I know, but I grew with most of that stuff so I've heard most of it already and I'd like my own personal vynil collection to complement that as well.

>drm component
>nothing wrong

you dum nigga

Discogs.

None of y'all should be paying for anything involving drm. stop being consumer cucks and letting these ass fisters have control of your machines.

Not him but what's wrong with drm? What does it even do anyway?

I'm sure Spotify is fine. Personally I use Google Play because I also like watching youtube. I've discovered a lot of great albums thanks to streaming.

Vinyl is for bitches.