SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

>SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN, BRING THE SUUUUUN

holy shit, what are some other songs like this? apocalyptic and (preferentially) very loud

Have you tried Swans other work?

not all of them, though i really liked filth and public castration. should i try the glowing man and the seer, or go back to their earlier works?

definitely the seer

I’d save glowing man for later doesn’t sound like you’d be too into it it’s not as “primal” imo

The Great Annihilator, a middle ground album by Swans, might be worth checking out, it has some real end of the world vibes to it.

post your top five

SFTB > The Seer > Greed > White Light > The Glowing Man

To Be Kind
The Seer
Public Castration
Swans are Dead
STFTB

what is the new line up/album going to look like lads?

1. soundtracks [GOAT]
2. the glowing man
3. to be kind
4. cop
5. white light

TBK
SFTB
Holy Money
Filth
The Seer

appreciate the rare Gira
hopefully something jazzy

Gotta listen to Soundtracks, user.

SFTB > Great Annihilator > Children of God > Holy Money > Love of Life

I want to see Thurston back in Swans again

The Glowing Man requires a lot of attention and free time to really take it in. The Seer and To Be Kind you can listen to while taking a long walk or doing something else but I really think you need to be in your room alone in a meditative state for TGM. Same for SFTB.

Great Annihilator > White Light > Filth > Soundtracks > To Be Kind

SFTB
The Seer
Filth
My Father Will Guide Me Up A Rope To The Sky
Children of God

The Seer > SFTB > To Be Kind > The Glowing Man > MFWGMUARTTS

>WLFTMOI
>COG/WOS
>TBK
>SFTB
>Swans Are Dead

Listen to Monoliths and Dimensions by Sunn O))). You may like some of Boris’ drone output too (assuming you haven’t heard that already).

To Be Kind
Soundtracks for the Blind
White Light
Great Annilihator
Glowing Man

The Glowing Man
Soundtracks
To Be Kind
The Great Annihilator
Children of God

1. Soundtracks
2. To Be Kind